Sony: Apple is Way More Arrogant Than Us

Phyroxis

Witty Title Here
Apr 18, 2008
Sony is the only company that has yet to greatly disappointed me.

Sega died.
Nintendo did the Gamecube and Wii.
Microsoft has Xbox (ugh) and I like Windows.. but we all know how menstrual it can be.
And of course Apple. Whom I've hated since middle school web design class. Also, I just deactivated my iPhone because it was a huge monthly $$ drain. Amusingly, I've gone back to using my Sony Ericsson W810i.

So yeah.. Sony Phone, Sony PS2, Sony PS3.. Seriously considering a Sony Plasma when I get my next TV.. and the newest Sony VAIOs look goooorrgeeoouusss.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Shockingly I'm somewhat inclined to agree. Apple recently has been getting on it's high horse lately, and Siny seems to have gotten down from its

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Saying "Apple is more arrogant than me" is like saying "Satan is more evil than me". It's probably true, but it's not saying a whole lot.

Besides, when you're accused of something, it's probably the most childish thing possible to point the finger at someone else and go "That's not fair, they did a lot worse!"
That's what I was thinking: big deal, they aren't as arrogant as Apple... yet.
Is that really the high water mark they want to work from?

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
Sony is a company made up of over 100,000 employees. How can anybody fall into this PR marketing junk of trying to personify a massive corporation? Both Apple and Sony are not arrogant, because they can't be arrogant, they're just companies doing what companies do: make money.
This particular guy Michael Ephraim's statement is pretty silly.
It's almost like he's saying 'we're not arrogant, but look at us, we're better than apple', which is a hilariously enough is a pretty arrogant statement.

CyberKnight

Jan 29, 2009
Mornelithe said:
Never saw Sony as arrogant myself. Always thought they simply had horrible timing. Most expensive console right at the beginning of a serious financial crisis. It'd be arrogant if they'd been charging $600 for a $400 machine. However, since @ $600 it was still 200 less than production. It's more like, people are selfish.
Couple that, though, with statements like "you should go out and get a second job so you can afford our console", and the arrogance starts to show. "You need to change your lifestyle to buy our product."

Not sure if the "We're removing Linux because someone might hack the system with it, and if you want to keep using it, you can't play online or get Blu-ray updates" decision qualifies as "arrogance" or "knee-jerk stupidity"...

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I dunno, I don't think Apple are too arrogant. They just make things people want. That's like a baker being yelled at for making expensive cupcakes, even though people buy them.

Sony are running adverts implying that Move is the superior motion controller, and that the PS3 is a good choice for a family console. That's not arrogant at all...

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
At least Sony isn't claiming that their console only does everything.

...wait.

Also, Ephraim, waayyyy ahead of you.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
OK, can we all stop bashing Apple for a second?

Seriously. Apple keeps Microsoft from having a complete monopoly on the OS market, which means it has to work harder to keep its customers happy.
Even if you don't like Apple, you have to admit that without it, the other OSs out there can't hold a candle to Microsoft's presence.

And do you really think Micro$oft would really be able to handle that sort of power?

(That being said, I love my macbook 'cause its been better for me than the past five PCs I've had, even for gaming.
Yes, PCs hate me that much. )

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
All is forgiven to Sony the day they got Kevin Butler to do their commercials. and yes quite a harsh reality check when the #1 last generation is last and last place has become #1 this generation.

Microsoft? well they'll forever be known as the middle child XD

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Well done Sony!By saying that you have proved it false!

But let's all bash a company whose products we never use with arguments that were false 10 years ago.

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Well they are right about one thing.

Apple is definitely more arrogant then they are.
But that doesn't mean they are not arrogant at all.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
*snort*

Yeah, I lol'd. Can't say I've really heard much arrogance from the general direction of Apple, either, since that whole "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" thing.

That Eeyore

Aug 18, 2009
Yeah, I guess in the great Arrogance-off, Apple does come out on top. But as many people above me are saying, losing such a contest to Apple doesn't exactly make you super humble. After all, this is Apple we're talking about, the company that uses the infamous "Mac vs PC" ads to market their product.

Sony does put up a fight, though, with their slogan for the PS3 "It only does everything." Especially considering, since the removal of the Other OS feature, many users can testify to the fact that it no longer, indeed, does everything .

Mar 16, 2009
Apples in general are kings of arrogance, even before the computer company was invented. That damn forbidden fruit was so tantalizing and arrogant... who the hell says I can't eat it?

But honestly, we all stopped caring about how arrogant Sony is. Week one was "Sony is arrogant," but the delicious two words "no games" has been the battle cry for everybody since then.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
As much as saying "Hey, we're not arrogant. That guy is, so go hate on him" is actually quite arrogant (not to mention that their "It only does everything" motto is super arrogant especially considering they keep removing features), they're right. Apple is way more arrogant than they are, and Apple could certainly use some head deflating.

Guess Sony is lucky that I already hate Apple.

Erana said:
OK, can we all stop bashing Apple for a second?

Seriously. Apple keeps Microsoft from having a complete monopoly on the OS market, which means it has to work harder to keep its customers happy.
Even if you don't like Apple, you have to admit that without it, the other OSs out there can't hold a candle to Microsoft's presence.

And do you really think Micro$oft would really be able to handle that sort of power?

(That being said, I love my macbook 'cause its been better for me than the past five PCs I've had, even for gaming.
Yes, PCs hate me that much. )
Okay, hold it. You can't be talking about Apple and then refer to Microsoft as "Micro$oft." Apple overcharges for every single piece of hardware they sell. If anything, you should be trying to figure out how to put a dollar sign into Apple's name.

Bretty said:
I think it is also a little childish to call Apple arrogant. They are a market leader in the cell phone market and have a really good niche in computing. Doesn't that entitle them to a little cockyness?
A little, sure. But Apple is way more than a little cocky.