Sony Attempts to Block All Future PSN Class Action Lawsuits

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
GeorgW said:
-Dragmire- said:
GeorgW said:
This will lead me to simply avoid using my PS3 until they change this policy. Will that happen btw, any time soon?
How's that working out for you?

How many more companies are going to do this? Blizzard's doing it too now.
I actually just gave in yesterday, thankyouverymuch... Apparently it doesn't apply to Sweden, so I finally gave in. Oh, and aren't EA doing it as well?
I guess it's the new standard now for EULAs...

Dendio

Mar 24, 2010
Could be wrong but I believe that EA's New Origin service already set the precedent and has this rule intact.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
-Dragmire- said:
GeorgW said:
-Dragmire- said:
GeorgW said:
This will lead me to simply avoid using my PS3 until they change this policy. Will that happen btw, any time soon?
How's that working out for you?

How many more companies are going to do this? Blizzard's doing it too now.
I actually just gave in yesterday, thankyouverymuch... Apparently it doesn't apply to Sweden, so I finally gave in. Oh, and aren't EA doing it as well?
I guess it's the new standard now for EULAs...
Yes, unfortunately. SCOTUS made a big mistake, it's cuz of their ruling in a completely unrelated case that this has happened.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
GeorgW said:
Dragging this topic up again...

I just got an Acer external hard drive and it comes with a little warranty booklet saying I already agreed to this(no court/jury/class action lawsuit etc..), it's not "you have to agree before using this product", just "you agree.". At this point they don't even need to give you the option to decline, just "you bought it so you agree". I suppose this is a little different since it's a warranty agreement and the rules only come into effect if I need to use it but I'm still put off by the fact that I just bought a product and have "agreed" to the companies conditions before even opening the package.

Imagine if game publishers started doing this, "When you bought our product you agreed to allow us full access to your computer through our irremovable software. The information about the agreement is in the back of the manual in micro print(we didn't deliberately make it hard to see, it's just space efficient and environmentally friendly). If the program finds a .torrent file or equivalent, you give us full legal right to brick your computer as torrents are only used by thieves after our ip... you dirty pirate........ oh yeah, we'll sue you too....... and you already agreed to plead guilty".

...I have high hopes for the future.