Sony Confirms Willem Dafoe for Beyond: Two Souls

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Confirms Willem Dafoe for Beyond: Two Souls

Willem Dafoe will star alongside Ellen Page in David Cage's Beyond: Two Souls, which also now has a release date.

Confirming rumors that first floated up last summer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117997-Rumor-Willem-Dafoe-Joins-Beyond], Sony announced today that Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe, that guy from Platoon, The Boondock Saints, Shadow of the Vampire, Spider-Man and a whole bunch of other stuff, will appear in the upcoming supernatural thriller Beyond: Two Souls. Dafoe plays the Nathan Dawkins, a government scientist who works with Ellen Page's character of Jodie Holmes to unravel the secrets of her powers.

"I'm having a good time on this, and I think it's a beautiful story," Dafoe said in a behind-the-scenes look [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tieg9y9w85M] at his role in the production. "I'm also curious as we shoot it... one of the challenges of doing this is, because the player participates in the scenario and chooses the character's actions, the possibilities of where the story goes is fantastic."

Beyond: Two Souls unfolds across 15 years of Holmes' life, as she comes to grip with her psychic link to a supernatural entity she calls Aiden. Dafoe said that while his character is a "surrogate father" to Holmes, he also has an agenda of his own that unavoidably impacts their complex, long-standing relationship.

Sony also revealed today that Beyond: Two Souls will launch on October 8, exclusively for the PlayStation 3, as well as a "while supplies last" offer that will automatically upgrade all preoders to the "special edition" of the game, with a Steelbook case, behind-the-scenes video, soundtrack, a PS3 theme and PlayStation Network Avatar Bundle.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Yet David Cage is still making it, and no amount of Willem Dafoe is going to save that.

Though, yay for Dafoe... I guess?

EDIT. Maybe now they can add him as DLC to Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Irridium said:
As a Podtoid listener and fan, this pleases me greatly.
Same here. This game is quite clearly made for Podtoid listeners. Besides the patron saint of Podtoid being in it, the main character is J Holmes. All we need is a mesh tank top.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Zipa said:
Jimothy Sterling your day just got made.
jackdeesface said:
Zipa said:
Jimothy Sterling your day just got made.
Ninja'd!

I want clips form this game chopped up and changed so minature willam defoe has a speaking part in some eps.
You and me both buddy!

Awesome, great, but I can't think of anything to add now that I've been ninjad twice on the Jim Sterling front (even the Jimothy part!).

SkarKrow sad.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Aw... and I was getting my hopes up from the title that a bloody ghost in a welder mask and leather apron wielding a machete would be making an appearance.

OT: As I watched that trailer I couldn't help thinking two things over and over. It looks like a movie and The Green Goblin is in it. Seriously whenever I see Dafoe's face after Spiderman all I can identify him as is the Green Goblin. So I gather it's going to be another Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain then as it's being developed by quanticdream and looks a lot like an animated move?

Apr 28, 2008
Andy Shandy said:
Irridium said:
Same here. This game is quite clearly made for Podtoid listeners. Besides the patron saint of Podtoid being in it, the main character is J Holmes. All we need is a mesh tank top.
YEEEEEAH! YEEEEEAH!

https://soundcloud.com/mpfterd/freaky-constantina-put-on-your

I'd embed it, but it doesn't seem to work when I do.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
Irridium said:
Yo ************!!!

But seriously it's like David Cage set out to make Podtoid: The Game XD

I want Cruillem Dafoe DLC

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Hazy992 said:
Andy Shandy said:
Irridium said:
Yo ************!!!

Dafoe Movie Pitch DLC would be the DLC I would pay out of every orifice for. XD

Basically, make it happen David Cage, and I will give you all the monies, as they say.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
Hazy992 said:
Andy Shandy said:
Irridium said:
Yo ************!!!

Dafoe Movie Pitch DLC would be the DLC I would pay out of every orifice for. XD

Basically, make it happen David Cage, and I will give you all the monies, as they say.
Dafoe Movie Pitch DLC = 10/10 GOTY XD

Dammit Cage, I wanna do it for the hairy suit!

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
We also need Brendon Fraser and Debra Messing to be in the game now.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Yet David Cage is still making it, and no amount of Willem Dafoe is going to save that.

Though, yay for Dafoe... I guess?

EDIT. Maybe now they can add him as DLC to Playstation Allstars Battle Royale.
I would totally use Willem Dafoe in a Battle Royale!!!..... Hey since Sony owns the movie rights to Spiderman, do you think they could have him be the Green Goblin for the game? DAMN.... They don't own the video game rights

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I just hope Cage improves from Heavy Rain. I appreciated the game but it has a lot of flaws.

Hope the next game will turn out into something I love, especially since Paige and Dafoe are in it.