Sony Considering Legal Action Over Change4Life Ad

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
god-damn I wish these fools would go away and let me enjoy my video games :|.

jmace86

Sep 10, 2008
Personally, I am a little surprised and disappointed that Sony is the only company suing the makers of this, frankly, ridiculous ad.
In my opinion all the major industry players (MS, Nintendo, EA, Activision-Blizzard, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, etc.) should be hitting back against this sort of thing.

The advert is just a pathetic attempt to try to demonize gaming.

Feb 13, 2008
psico666 said:
I think Sony have every right to sue. Games dont kill people, Idiots do.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Is hell reaching 0 degrees K?
Just because im a big physics freak i will correct this. 0 K. Degrees are not needed when you are talking in Kelvin.
True, but if you write 0K, then it looks wrong. :)

LoopyDood

Dec 13, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
psico666 said:
I think Sony have every right to sue. Games dont kill people, Idiots do.

Just because im a big physics freak i will correct this. 0 K. Degrees are not needed when you are talking in Kelvin.
True, but if you write 0K, then it looks wrong. :)
Looks 0K to me.

I'm so sorry.
That actually made me laugh out loud.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
jmace86 said:
Personally, I am a little surprised and disappointed that Sony is the only company suing the makers of this, frankly, ridiculous ad.
In my opinion all the major industry players (MS, Nintendo, EA, Activision-Blizzard, Capcom, Konami, Ubisoft, etc.) should be hitting back against this sort of thing.

The advert is just a pathetic attempt to try to demonize gaming.
Ah, but it's not their controller being used. I'm sure they're all rooting for Sony in this, but by using a Playstation controller, Sony has been given the best opportunity to shut them up. The whole suing over the PS controller is just an excuse, the real aim is to get them to stop slandering video games.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Are they serious? Please tell me this is a joke! Sony are thinking about suing because they used their controller in a ad against gaming? For God sake, kill me now.

This is some stupid lawsuit for a free press day, methinks. The Change4Life ad wasn't saying "Playing PS3 will kill you" (might give you a bad case of hand tinea, but that's another story), they we're saying "Playing games will kill you." Sony were just the first controller they bought for the ad. Mountain out of a molehill.

Although, if it gets this ad out of the media, go Sony. Only good part about this whole thing.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Nimbus said:
Frankly, I think Sony is in the right. The ad is basically saying "Play games; die early", and the fact that it was a PS3 controller used in the ad just means that it falls to Sony to delivery the first legal blow. If it had been a 360 comtroller, I'm sure Microsoft would be in the same position Sony is now, just with more lawyers.
But Xbox 360's don't cause early deaths, unlike PS3's.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
Things which are as asinine as that ad campaign tend to have a short half-life. Sony's just going to make it shorter than it would be otherwise.

Good job on the clear depiction of a Sixaxis, retards.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
Frankly, I think Sony is in the right. The ad is basically saying "Play games; die early", and the fact that it was a PS3 controller used in the ad just means that it falls to Sony to delivery the first legal blow. If it had been a 360 comtroller, I'm sure Microsoft would be in the same position Sony is now, just with more lawyers.
NO NO NO. Do not bring the evil to this place! Back, vile console-warring demon! Back I say!

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
meh I think it's nit picky BS, but that's just me. Nobody in their right mind is going to go "OH NOEZ PS3 MAEK ME DAI ERLIER! NEED 360 OR WIIIIIIIII"

just plain dumb.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Compatriot Block said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
NO NO NO. Do not bring the evil to this place! Back, vile console-warring demon! Back I say!
I just prefer the Xbox 360 controller because it tastes like candy and anyone who holds it looks smarter. Kinda like a Red Stripe.

ObadiahBlack

Sep 23, 2008
black lincon said:
K as in Kelvin? As in -273 degrees Celsius? I wasn't aware anyone measured anything in Kelvins.
Only if you're talking about Absolute Zero, cuz then Kelvin is the easiest to remember.
Anything else, forget it.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
BACK TO THE DARKNESS! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
No points for reference.