Sony Considering Legal Action Over Change4Life Ad

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Simriel said:
Compatriot Block said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
Frankly, I think Sony is in the right. The ad is basically saying "Play games; die early", and the fact that it was a PS3 controller used in the ad just means that it falls to Sony to delivery the first legal blow. If it had been a 360 comtroller, I'm sure Microsoft would be in the same position Sony is now, just with more lawyers.
But Xbox 360's don't cause early deaths, unlike PS3's.
NO NO NO. Do not bring the evil to this place! Back, vile console-warring demon! Back I say!
BACK TO THE DARKNESS! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
No points for reference.
Gand-Awww hell. You had to ruin all the fun! Can I have mebbe one point for being first?

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Simriel said:
Compatriot Block said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
Frankly, I think Sony is in the right. The ad is basically saying "Play games; die early", and the fact that it was a PS3 controller used in the ad just means that it falls to Sony to delivery the first legal blow. If it had been a 360 comtroller, I'm sure Microsoft would be in the same position Sony is now, just with more lawyers.
NO NO NO. Do not bring the evil to this place! Back, vile console-warring demon! Back I say!
No points for reference.
Gand-Awww hell. You had to ruin all the fun! Can I have mebbe one point for being first?
You may have a cookie *gives cookie*

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
No, they cause other peoples deaths through shooting your parents in the head.
If I remember correctly, guns don't come with warnings stating that after killing someone they won't come back to life. That's not the Xbox 360's fault, that was the gun merchants fault for not clearly labelling the gun.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Simriel said:
Compatriot Block said:
Simriel said:
Compatriot Block said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
No points for reference.
YESSS! *pumps arm*

Anyways, begone foul fanboys! Seriously though, you're being stupid. They're consoles. stop teh arguments plz?

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
I bet they just switch it to an xbox controller.

Any takers?

Anyways, good on Sony, they might just want to be saving face, what with it being a Sony controller, but they're helping us all.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Johnnyallstar said:
meh I think it's nit picky BS, but that's just me. Nobody in their right mind is going to go "OH NOEZ PS3 MAEK ME DAI ERLIER! NEED 360 OR WIIIIIIIII"

just plain dumb.
We also thought no one would go "OH NOEZ VIDEO GAMES MAEK ME WANNA KILL INNOCENT PPL! NEED TO AVOID VIDEO GAMES AT ALL COSTS!", but look how that turned out.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Compatriot Block said:
Simriel said:
Compatriot Block said:
Simriel said:
Compatriot Block said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
No points for reference.
YESSS! *pumps arm*

Anyways, begone foul fanboys! Seriously though, you're being stupid. They're consoles. stop teh arguments plz?
Its a personal choice. Let people choose their format.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
No, they cause other peoples deaths through shooting your parents in the head.
If I remember correctly, guns don't come with warnings stating that after killing someone they won't come back to life. That's not the Xbox 360's fault, that was the gun merchants fault for not clearly labelling the gun.
Which is more powerful, the gun industry or the videogame industry? To put it another way, which has more rabid followers, and how heavily armed are those followers?
The Video Game industry obviously.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Nimbus said:
I still stand by this. Many more people have contracted limplip from PS3 controllers compared to absolutely none caused by Xbox 360 controllers.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I hope they do pursue legal action, and get Nintendo and Microsoft to back their capaign against the evil known as change4life.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
For once I agree with Sony and the lawyers.

Is hell reaching 0 degrees K?
Its a matter of facing a greater evil that makes gamers unite even with the dark force of Sony's legal ninjas.
Really, though, I think Sony is perfectly justified in pullin' out the lawyers.

Though the add itself is, in a way, kinda silly. If it weren't for the controller, it would look kinda like, Sitting down kills!