Sony Cuts U.K. Out of European PSP Price Slashing

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
but Britain isn't part of Europe. They are a bunch of weird people living on a island off our coast and eat strange food. and they use ancient money.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Hah, the UK always gets ripped off.

Example; Microsoft's £1/$1 conversion ratio for its OSs.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
vansau said:
"Since we in the UK are vulnerable to two exchange rate calculations, pounds into Euro's and Euro's into Yen, we are not in a position to offer a similar cut in PSP for the UK."
Curse anyone who tries to exchange straight from Yen to GBP.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Eh, its only £15.

Loop Stricken said:
Hah, the UK always gets ripped off.

Example; Microsoft's £1/$1 conversion ratio for its OSs.
moretimethansense said:
Yet another example of us poor brits getting shafted when it comes to the price of gaming : (
Not really - I'm pretty sure a lot of publishers price in favour of us rather than Europe (on Steam at least, retail is nought but a far away place these days), and EA are now charging $60 for PC games, whereas they're still £30 over here.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
oh no sorry arent we in enough trouble with british pound vs the euro sorry i guess we are not the nation that needs handouts sony so go somewhere else.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
All the Brittish friends I have keeps saying England isn't part of Europe.
Now I get to point and laugh at them.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Denamic said:
I've heard that a lot and I just don't get it. Why are the British against being grouped with Europe.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
We'll have the last laugh when Spain implodes & brings the Euro down with it *monocled laugh*

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
So this isn't REALLY a price cut, Sony is just making adjustments for exchange rate.

Maybe this shouldn't be treated the same way as a price cut in the popular sense of the company thinking they will make more money selling each unit for a lower price.

Riobux said:
vansau said:
"Since we in the UK are vulnerable to two exchange rate calculations, pounds into Euro's and Euro's into Yen, we are not in a position to offer a similar cut in PSP for the UK."
Curse anyone who tries to exchange straight from Yen to GBP.
I smell the smelly smell of bullshit EU regulations preventing what would seem such a logical action.

Feb 13, 2008
Traun said:
Denamic said:
I've heard that a lot and I just don't get it. Why are the British against being grouped with Europe.
Imagine the Canadians being called "Sort of Americans". Or Texans being "Basically Mexicans".

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Looks like the brits actually had it much cheaper when the PSP still actually mattered.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Traun said:
Denamic said:
Imagine the Canadians being called "Sort of Americans". Or Texans being "Basically Mexicans".
This doesn't make much sense. Both Mexico and Canada are in North America, the British Isles are in Europe

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Traun said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Traun said:
Denamic said:
This doesn't make much sense. Both Mexico and Canada are in North America, the British Isles are in Europe

It's not all of us. I would say that about 75% of British people consider themselves European too. It's just that the anti European crowd are a lot louder.

Feb 13, 2008
Traun said:
I'll wait for the Canadians to get back to you on that. How big would you like your coffin to be?

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
This would probably piss me off if I hadn't bought a PSP and wanted one, but I bought one at lauch...