Sony Delays Ps5 reveal

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I mean it was just going to be lies and half-truths, so no real loss. We can just make shit up about the PS5 as well as they can. Watch I'll start:
The PS5 will have backwards compatible toasters and never-online DRM. It'll actually save you power and run at 1080p even while off.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Seriously people, why is this an issue?

Sony delays PS5 reveal, they only care about money.
Sony doesn't delay PS5 reveal, they're insensitive to the current situation.

Hell, Sony should've taken advantage of the pandemic honestly when everyone was home and bored. Was ESPN insensitive for pushing up the Last Dance Jordan documentary? How dare them try to make money off a pandemic!!! I guess Sony wanted to stay right around the normal E3 timeframe.

These are only video games and the PS5 reveal show thing probably isn't even going to tell you much of anything about the system anyway. Like that Xbox video embedded above tells me nothing that would make me want to buy it or not buy it, it's just vapid marketing. They didn't even show a fucking next-gen game. There's going to be no point in buying either of the systems until like 2 years down the road unless you really need the extra shinies but you "need" some pointless information now?

Last century it was the Roaring Twenties. I’m kinda wondering how this century’s decade will be remembered many years from now when it’s already off to such a shit start. It would be nice to think we’re getting the worst out of the way early this time, but that’s wishful thinking.
Uhh, the twenties featured the Tulsa Race Massacre.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
i didn't post this new to start a fight.

Delaying the reveal was a good move period. Their further political posts have nothing to do with this.

Whatever they did after the fact is not relevant to the delay.

Although on a side note Blizzard posted about standing in solidarity with the BLM movement.....but they didn't support Hong kong 6 months ago.....so....HA! Bunch of Bastards.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
They don't care.

Are you people serious? You believe that a corporate decision was made because it was the right thing to do ethically? Jesus Christ on an electric scooter.

It's just business. They know what they're doing. They analyzed the situation and concluded that delaying the reveal would be in their best financial interest. Nobody's going to care about the PS5 reveal while the US burns in riots. On top of that most people on the planet support these protests so it makes Sony look like the good guys. How is this not obvious?
I know it's not because they care about what these people stand for. It's obvious that it's business. But it's still irresponsible of them to say something like this, to support their public destruction and physical harm of other people in any way.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
At this point I don't know whether I'm mad at the world or mad at Sony for being so dang wishy-washy about its dates. I mean, this PS5 reveal was slated only a few days ago, what happend in that short time frame to suddenly cause a delay?
f

Have you seen any news about widespread rioting in the US?

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
That's fine.
Yes it's mostly out of pragmatism, but anyone with a half of functioning brain should already know that [brand] is not your friend, that personally cares about injustice.
But it's still good that they just quietly rescheduled their event, instead of trying to cash in on the riots.

More important voices to be heard? Lol, they're rioters. This is my city:

Atleast it's police property, not neighborhood livelihoods.

Not sure what they want, as all the police involved with the murder have already been fired.
Holy shit, being a murder suspect in the US only makes you lose your job? Awesome!

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
That's fine.
Yes it's mostly out of pragmatism, but anyone with a half of functioning brain should already know that [brand] is not your friend, that personally cares about injustice.
But it's still good that they just quietly rescheduled their event, instead of trying to cash in on the riots.

Atleast it's police propery, not small, neighborhood bussinesses.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

FennecZephyr

Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United States
Gamers all over the internet have been making themselves a disgrace yet again in light of this recent news, and it looks like a good chunk of people here are no different.

Shame, Escapist. For some reason I expected better of you.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Gamers all over the internet have been making themselves a disgrace yet again in light of this recent news, and it looks like a good chunk of people here are no different.

Shame, Escapist. For some reason I expected better of you.
What the hell did we do?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The "reveal" is just a glorified advert. That's all any of this is. There's no reason to be impatient about an advert. They need you, not the other way round. There's more to life than this bullshit.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
That's fine.

Atleast it's police property, not neighborhood livelihoods.

Holy shit, being a murder suspect in the US only makes you lose your job? Awesome!
He’s a murderer and should be hanged in the public square. It shouldn’t have to get to the point of widespread destruction of property, even if it is “just police.” How many of these rioters will be sharing the tax burden of the stuff they fuck up?

This was less about sending a message and more about an excuse to act out. If it was the former they would’ve at least used more discretion to avoid vandalizing black-owned businesses of all things.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
The "reveal" is just a glorified advert. That's all any of this is. There's no reason to be impatient about an advert. They need you, not the other way round. There's more to life than this bullshit.
Yeah I don't get why anyone is up in arms at all over what message this sends to the puppies or whatever. This is a corporate propaganda event that if Sony's history is anything to go by will be mostly lies and bullshit.
That anyone was going to watch in the first place should be the story we're ashamed of, not whatever bullshit social message Sony is trying to send/not send.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I mean it was just going to be lies and half-truths, so no real loss. We can just make shit up about the PS5 as well as they can. Watch I'll start:
The PS5 will have backwards compatible toasters and never-online DRM. It'll actually save you power and run at 1080p even while off.
So would a backwards compatible toaster be a toaster that can toast yeast?

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
They don't care.

Are you people serious? You believe that a corporate decision was made because it was the right thing to do ethically? Jesus Christ on an electric scooter.

It's just business. They know what they're doing. They analyzed the situation and concluded that delaying the reveal would be in their best financial interest. Nobody's going to care about the PS5 reveal while the US burns in riots. On top of that most people on the planet support these protests so it makes Sony look like the good guys. How is this not obvious?
Why do you keep angrily repeating yourself? It doesn't matter what their intention is. It's irresponsible for them to be saying this, considering how these rioters are acting, and it's not the type of thing a business should be commenting on like this anyway. Just be transparent and say what everybody knows, that you're postponing the event because it's not in your best interest right now, or don't say anything except that it's being postponed, because we'll figure it out anyway.

Fine, it makes them look good to you. It doesn't make them look good to me.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Oh, crap. I thought Adam Jensen replied again, but it's the same message. Sorry. I just started using a phone again for the first time in two years and am getting used to the Chrome app again.

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Oh, crap. I thought Adam Jensen replied again, but it's the same message. Sorry. I just started using a phone again for the first time in two years and am getting used to the Chrome app again.

Damn. I knew you were off Escapist but didn't realize you went that much offline. What was it like not having to deal with a phone for that long? It's almost literally half a lifetime ago since I've not been tethered to mine in some way.