Sony Invites Notch to E3 With a Golden PlayStation

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
This is definately a shadow war sony is waging and dare i say it but sony wants the console market back and I think they're maybe gonig to do it with this sort of bravado.

Maybe sony dropped the ball after ps2 gen but now we may be looking at a renewed and smartly planned operation from them, all comes down to thme not screwing used games, CD locking tech and helping the indy market.

Zeke17

Jan 1, 2013
They're trying to show Notch that there's at least some use for gold. Maybe the psone can be added to Minecraft? lol

TheLogicalGamer

Sep 7, 2011
Hmm... so Sony is trying to get the Independents on their side? Smart, Indies tend to create strangely endearing games, and having those on the PS4 just improves its value to us consumers.

Outside of that Sony is trying to improve developer relations, make their box easier to program for, and they have a wide library of traditionally exclusive titles, and several studios that are practically PS Exclusive (Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and so on). Kingdom Hearts, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and so on.

They seem to be landing the marketing side of this console fairly well. If they can push their advantage in the Exclusives area, and provide several exclusives on launch, I could see Sony coming out ahead of Microsoft again.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Agente L said:
Well, good to know Sony decided to fire it's entire marketing group, and then hire competent people. Great idea.
If only some other companies would do the same.

*glares at EA and MS*

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
I can totally support this movement.
Competition between Microsoft and Sony for the benefit of Indie Developers can be nothing but good for gamers everywhere.
Now that I think about it, this could also work better for Minecraft itself, since the limitations the Xbox version has are rather impressive, maybe they'll be able to extend the map a bit.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Lightknight said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
What's this?
GOOD PR PRACTICES?!
Impossible. Silly Sony did it all wrong, don't they know that the cool kids (Microsoft) would of just letter-bombed him instead?
I feel like I just switched over to a bizarro world where Sony understands its client based. I'm now terrified of the idea that EA will eventually get it too... and then what will I have to complain about?
If that happens that's when we go back to complaining about Activision. Ah, I remember those days like they were just yesterday.
Xarathox said:
OT: Wonder if it has a reinforced lid latch. They were notorious for breaking on the PS1's.
They were? Huh I never had a problem with the lid and neither did my friends. Well look at it this way, that's actually a step needed to break the region coding on the PSone. Next step is to install a new flip top lid and then get the program disc. ^.^

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
What I like about this is that sony isn't just offering money or deals to developers. They are giving GIFTS!!! and gift takes thoughts, it's also a much better tool to show appreciation and respect than just money.

I really really hope sony will do right by the gamers as they announce more about the PS4. Microsoft is already digging their own grave showing features that gamer don't need and restrictions that gamer don't want. All sony need to do now is just do the opposite and everything is golden just like the psone they give out.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Jazoni89 said:
I'm throwing money at the screen and nothing's happening...I want that golden Psone!

It's ok just come with me when I break into his house. I was already going to do it so steal some of his custom Minecraft memorabilia so we'll just scoop this up on the way out. Never hated a guy I loved so much in my life.

As for the worry of not having the cables? I'm sure such a rich nerd has some golden PSX AV and power cables laying around.

P.S. We'll nick those too. :D

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
kajinking said:
LOL! They sent him a PSone to lure him away from the Xboxone.

Personally they would've had me at "Plays FF7".
Amen

BrotherRool said:
Fair play, it's a little crazy seeing just how hard Sony are courting the high profile indie's right now. I hope they can turn it into sales for indie developers too
From what I understand Sony is taking much of the route that Value takes for Indie gamers and Sony is taking notes from the Ouya. Sony wants the Indie Community,they welcome the indie community and they are looking to streamline the process that Indie games can be published to the PS4.

Programmed_For_Damage said:
Lenny Magic said:
I finding it interesting that Microsoft and Sony seem to have sort of switched strategies. Ie. Microsoft are now trying to push strange tech, and Sony are now trying to make is self as appealing as possible to developers.
It's strange isn't it? Why would Microsoft swap a winning strategy for a losing one? They are either unfathomably arrogant and think their supporters will buy anything they put out or they are 100% convinced that this is the way of the future and will back it to the hilt. Either way it comes off as a bit mad.
I got a crazy idea. The Top execs at Microsoft actually does not give a shit about gaming and hates the Xbox division.
So in order to have a reason to dismantle the gaming division it sends the Xbox on a course of self-destruction. Rumor has it if Halo III did not turn out as good as it did (all those years ago), MS was going to disband the Xbox division who at the time was 1 billion in the hole from replacing RROD consoles, as Microsoft real mainstays like Windows and Office pulls in more money in a month that all of Xbox sales does in a year.

Hell if I was a developer giving me a regular PS One is enough for me to jump sides, but a golden PS One, hell I buy the cables off eBay.

Notch is not the only one who received a golden PS One, Christian Svensson from capcom received a Golden PS One as well.
So its not just a Indie Thing. Sony is trying to get as many major players they can get in their fold.

SAMAS

Aug 27, 2009
RicoADF said:
flarty said:
I really am liking Sony and their aggressive move to support the indie scene.
And this shows they have a good sense of humor too, bribing Notch with a Playstation One to move away from the Xbox One, bloody perfect move whoever came up with this I take my hat off to them.
Yeah, but a Gold PSOne? That's barely any better than Wood! He should hold out for the Diamond one.

What, Someone had to say it!