Sony Likely to Miss Timeline for PSN Restoration

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
One good thing has come out of this.
I finally got around to doing my Legendary run on Halo 3 :)
Thanks hackers for motivating me.

Eh, oh well, that just means extra free stuff.
I'm apathetic now.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
another why can't sony catch a break damn it i want to play portal 2 you blood sucking bastards

Omega500

Dec 2, 2009
I would be willign to bet that sony had no intention of having things back online in a week. I bet they say that knowing that they would miss it and when that week ends they say we want to be sure shit is safe, to make them sound better, and people will be like "ahhh they making sure shit is save i can forgive them". making them look good

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Omega500 said:
I would be willign to bet that sony had no intention of having things back online in a week. I bet they say that knowing that they would miss it and when that week ends they say we want to be sure shit is safe, to make them sound better, and people will be like "ahhh they making sure shit is save i can forgive them". making them look good
PSN has been down for weeks, and as long as it remains that way, nothing will make them look good.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
HankMan said:
Sony being unreliable
How is this news?
Onyx Oblivion said:
Try at get back soon.

I need to access to store to redownload some shit for my PSP. I'm sitting here with just Monster Hunter and my UMDs. And I haaaaaaaaaaaate Monster Hunter.

Join us
Join us
Join us
huh, I'll just play with my PC I'm using to post this
in any case i don't care if psn is off, I haven't turned on my ps3 for about half a year I think
but for the rest of you who only play on the ps3

or just play on your PC like I do

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
HankMan said:
Sony being unreliable
How is this news?
Onyx Oblivion said:
Try at get back soon.

I need to access to store to redownload some shit for my PSP. I'm sitting here with just Monster Hunter and my UMDs. And I haaaaaaaaaaaate Monster Hunter.

Join us
Join us
Join us
Nope.jpg
Nope.jpg
Nope.jpg
Cancelled my xbox live account a while ago. Don't care for the service, and I don't really play my xbox enough to justify it. As a matter of fact, I've still been playing my ps3 more than my xbox, despite the network being down.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
This shouldn't be unexpected. Two weeks is not enough time to completely re-design, re-implement, and deploy new security and network infrastructure worldwide. The first estimate was obviously impossibly optimistic. Even a month is optimistic.

Expect bugs out the wazoo for a while. And the network being crushed with everyone downloading the new mandatory firmware from Sony's already slow network (unless they're getting faster pipes as well).

Luthir Fontaine

Oct 16, 2010
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Luthir Fontaine said:
Go Xbox!
Had to be said
No, it didn't and your fanboyistic trolling isn't appreciated.
I have a PC to play games on too.
Not really a fan boy, but I do happen to own a ps3 and xbox. Guess which one I can get online with? :)

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Alphakirby said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Try at get back soon.

Well when PSN goes back up,you can get something other than Monster Hunter for free out of 4 games...I wonder what the game choices will be...
...4 free games!?

You kidding right!? Hey can you link me the news? Please, I'll be your best friend forever!

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Alphakirby said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Try at get back soon.

Well when PSN goes back up,you can get something other than Monster Hunter for free out of 4 games...I wonder what the game choices will be...
...4 free games!?

You kidding right!? Hey can you link me the news? Please, I'll be your best friend forever!
Well it's just been announced that PSN users that log in within a week of the system being brought back up will get-
30 days of PS Plus
One Free PS3 Game From A Selection Of 5
and One free PSP game from a selection of 4

Sorry if I got your hopes too high up.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Alphakirby said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Alphakirby said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Try at get back soon.

...4 free games!?

Well it's just been announced that PSN users that log in within a week of the system being brought back up will get-
30 days of PS Plus

That's cool, I'm used to it.

So five games and 1 choice.

...That may suck.

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
Alphakirby said:
Dr. wonderful said:
Alphakirby said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Try at get back soon.

...4 free games!?

30 days of PS Plus

That's cool, I'm used to it.

So five games and 1 choice.

...That may suck.
Cross your fingers for something good...like Siren Blood Curse or Fat Princess

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
This is why I hate them so much.
I don't really know how PS3 users are coping right now. In the first week I saw plenty of hate towards Sony, but now it has all seemed to fizzle down as if Sony users have just given up. I don't know how I'd cope without LIVE for such a period of time but, just, wow.

PS3 and 360 users are like family (well, one very screwed up family) and in this difficult time my heart goes out to all you. Now let's go play some Gears 3 Beta! Oh, damn...

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
I'll be honest about how this has not affected me. Like at all.

Sure my name and address is out on the net, but hey, not like that wasn't public knowledge. Online games? I got Yakuza, Ar Tonelico Qoga and other single player games to kill the time, hell my backlog is MURDERING me ontop of Uni stuff.

So you know what? PSN can take it's time coming back if it means increased security.

Although I heard it was back up, then again source is unconfirmed since I can't boot up my PS3 at the moment

Aedrial

Jun 24, 2009
I just want this to end because A) I want my portal 2 and B) Blatant fanboyism is getting annoying.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Asehujiko said:
Pendragon9 said:
what do these pirates
Source that this has anything to do with filesharing?
The ONLY reason people wanted to hack the PS3 is to pirate games.

I refuse to believe that anyone would be dumb enough to buy it just for Linux. GET A PC FOR THAT.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
MercurySteam said:
Pendragon9 said:
This is why I hate them so much.
I don't really know how PS3 users are coping right now.
They're hanging out on message boards and flaming anyone who says (or implies) that Sony has handled this all badly. :)

The smart ones who can afford it have just moved to another platform.