Sony "Move vs. Stuff" Website Promotes Move Hilariously

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
This reminds of the old "Genesis does want Nintendon't" commercials.

I have to say, the advertising edge is all Sony. Miscorsoft just sticks a few seconds on the end of multiplatform games saying the 360 is only $200. Sony, on the other hand, shows off an exclusive and uses Kevin Butler to make it more epic.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Would've been much more funny if it weren't for the fact that most of the stuff isn't really related to Move hardware, but more-or-less the PS3 hardware.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
Baldr said:
Marketing, the only way to sell an inferior product. Just like on Mad Men.
I must be missing a joke here somewhere. Here I was thinking the purpose of marketing was to sell more of any product.

destiaer

Jun 26, 2010
PapaGamer said:
Disclaimer: I am a PS3 fanboy and am planning to buy at least one set of Move controllers on the 17th. That said, I find Sony's Move marketing to be a big Win.
I love how your a huge sony move fan and yet your avatar is a Nintendo Mii. :D Oh, sweet Irony... I kid, bud, but you have to admit, that's pretty funny!

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
That was awesome. "Yay Buttons" is somewhat how I feel about buttons. Just yay.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
TheRightToArmBears said:
Yay Buttons is possibly the best peice of gaming advertising in ever.

Except for that Halo one with the war vets. That shit was cool too.
I doubt ANY gaming marketing will beat that one. But damn if this doesn't get a good chuckle out of me. Nice to see some companies remembered that games are intended for fun, and sometimes a little humor goes a long way towards that.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Ah, Sony marketing, how I love you at times. It's good to get a little introspective and just mock the whole "console wars" thing, keeps us sane.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
Yay buttons is awesome in so many ways. I like how they have a different URL for every page.

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
Yay Buttons was very entertaining. The chart, on the other hand, could've tried to make a little more sense than to just go for comedy.

Jinjiro

Fresh Prince of Darkness
Apr 20, 2008
Sony have had an amazing marketing team for ages, and they keep churning out some really clever campaigns. The "Yay, Buttons" thing was awesome, I was grinning through most of it.

That being said, motion controls don't excite me too much. It's a novelty right now, as far as I'm concerned, and doesn't necessarily make games better.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
I find it funny that Sony has to lie and be misleading with their advertising. Xbox has HD as well, and the "pinpoint accuracy" is the same thing as "camera tracks controller for precise gameplay" and also Kinect has them beat in that area with a device that tracks points of articulation on many bodies which also makes it so you don't have to pay more money to let more people play, unlike the Move. PS3 plays blu-ray, not move. Oh and Hulu Plus is coming to the Xbox 360 as well. Oh, and the "Free access to PSN for Demos, HD movies, and PSone" is complete horse crap as well because only the PSN(the online part) is the only thing thats free in that list. The rest is also free to access on Xbox live with a silver membership and you have to pay for the stuff on both consoles. You'd think with all the money Sony has they'd make a campaign that tells the truth about their products. The only things that are true on that list that xbox doesn't have are the fact that it has controller feedback, and that the PS3 not Move has 3D which is a gimick and also misleading because once again like the Blu-Ray it's on the PS3 not the Move.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
KoreyGM said:
Straying Bullet said:
You both suck, how about that? You with your idiotic 3D fad and Wii-like motion control and Kinect for it's horrible eyetoy gimmick shit.

Actually it's pretty much a given that 3D gaming is going to be a part of future gaming, probably not this specific type. If you've never played a game like Bad Company 2 or Killzone 2 in 3D then you don't know how awesome it is to see bullets whiz past your head.
Your intentions are noble but your arguments are not.

3D causes headache and whatever negative side effect. Even whilst watchig it in a passive manner e.g. 3D movies, I feel sick because of it. Imagine trying to be activily involved and respond to 3D in a rapid manner. No thanks.

So long glasses aren't required and the price goes down, sure. Why not?

Well I mean it's just the logical progress of technology, one day 3D will be as common place as flat panel tvs and then true holographs will come out and be ridiculously expensive.

Also I still stand by 3D games to be really awesome and seriously immersive, but right now it's too expensive and I believe there will be a major innovation sometime soon to not require glass and to possibly fix the headache issue for some people.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
While the chart is a more "typical" marketing approach, I have to hand it to the "Yay buttons" and "Sentimental Fireman" ads because those are downright hilarious. I like Yay buttons especially because it is what I would imagine a lot of people could end up thinking in a jocular way, what with the side-tracked train of thought and all!

Despite how obvious Sony and Microsoft's efforts are to compete with the Wii though gimmicky rubbish, I'll give Sony the credit for making their peripheral at least functional for a variety of good games, even if it were just for a diversion in single player (probably hard to compete in multiplayer, but who knows). But on the flip-side, a little Reach with Kinect, anyone?

WhoaItsBrett

Jan 22, 2010
The yaybuttons thing was awesome.
I haven't actually laughed out by myself in a while.
I might actually go buy move.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
Even though I am not a huge fan of any of them, I am pretty sure you can stream HD movies and TV from the Zune Store or whatever it is called for the xbox. I have opened the store once (I don't use my xbox very much) and it seems to be basically the same thing. I also know that you can download demos and they have the xbox arcade store.

However, the rest of those are true, haha.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Tech demos, facts and hyperbole only appeal to gamers, make something witty and funny, and it not only appeals to almost everyone, if it's good enough it may go viral and you've saved yourself a lot of marketing dollars.