Sony Pulls Grand Theft Auto V Pre-Order Files After Leaks

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
2HF said:
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
If you're playing GTA for the story you're doing it wrong.
Because enjoying a story in a sandbox game is clearly "doing it wrong". This comment reeks of ignorance. Please refrain from making such sweeping judgmental statements on things you're not an authority on in the future.
Possibly you should learn what a flippant and joking comment is. Otherwise you might go through life taking people entirely too seriously and letting it make you jaded and miserable.
Perhaps. And sarcasm translates so well into text, especially on a forum where comments like yours are an every-day occurrence.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
Because enjoying a story in a sandbox game is clearly "doing it wrong". This comment reeks of ignorance. Please refrain from making such sweeping judgmental statements on things you're not an authority on in the future.
Possibly you should learn what a flippant and joking comment is. Otherwise you might go through life taking people entirely too seriously and letting it make you jaded and miserable.
Perhaps. And sarcasm translates so well into text, especially on a forum where comments like yours are an every-day occurrence.
It wasn't sarcastic, it was a flippant and joking comment. Sarcasm isn't the only form of humor.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
saintdane05 said:
Come on, we all know the ending.

Snape kills Spock, who at the last moment, stops the SS Rosebud from sinking. After, Spock reveals to Commander Shepard that he chose the green option.

Personally i don't mind leaks such as the Tracklist and files regarding vehicles and such, that i don't care about, but actual dialogue?
HEEECK NO, i'd rather not have the plot spoile----wait a second, this is still not coming to PC.
Oh god i'm so sorry. I'll leave now.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
2HF said:
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
It wasn't sarcastic, it was a flippant and joking comment. Sarcasm isn't the only form of humor.
The point still remains, the situation is the same. People won't necessarily share your humor.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So whats the big deal? People that wanted to know will know. people that didnt wont, since they didint datamine. i didnt evne click on those links, but i wont cry for comments like the one about punk radio station.
They obviuosly wanted us to know though. since noone is stupid enough to allow us to download 18 gb of data without wanting us to nkow what it is.

Seagoon said:
Fuck people who do stuff like this. Seriously, fuck them.
Yes, fuck curiosity, fuck knowledge, lets go back living in caves!

RJ 17 said:
It's one thing to crack a game's files and find some hidden, locked-away content that's going to be future DLC or something. Spreading the word about that is a form of protest/activism. But if all you're going to do is crack the game and start spoiling the story, you're not being an activist against shameful industry marketing policies, you're just being a royal douche.
so basically any walktrough ever is being a royal douche right?

RicoADF said:
Lets get this straight:

1) Sony pre-loads GTAV on digital orders so there wont be as big of a spike on release day, helping to reduce issues.
2) Some people decides to take the oportunity to break open and take out files then spread them online.
3) Sony then has to remove pre-loading because of the incident thus the inevitable day one issues will occur.

This is why we can't have nice things, assholes that can't not be dicks and ruin it for everyone else.
The only asshole here is Sony for removing those files in a failure to use logic thinking this will stop them from spreading in any shape or form. Either you dont preload all files or accept that they are going to be cracked open. there is no backtracking. Sony should have not preloaded all files and it should have not gone back on the preloading when it occured.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
elvor0 said:
Pinkamena said:
008Zulu said:
I have to wonder; Did they think people were not going to crack the files?

I read the tracklist, and I will say this, I sure am glad that Rockstar allow users to import their own mp3s. At least on the P.C.
That's all well and good, but most people use streaming services like Spotify or Wimp.
They do? Could've sworn most people have mp3 players. Not entirely sure what they're putting on them, but not mp3s apparently. Nor do I or any of my friends and family happen to have extensive music collections on their hard drives. Or CD/mp3 players in their cars.
Okay, let me edit my first post: Most people among my friends, classmates and family, use Spotify, Wimp or iTunes. Haven't seen an mp3 player in ages. I know one person who actually buy CDs.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
Sunrider84 said:
2HF said:
The point still remains, the situation is the same. People won't necessarily share your humor.
And that's my fault how? I can't go around putting tags on everything I say. What I can do is make a sweeping generalization about every last person in a particular group and expect not to have it taken seriously and be called ignorant for it.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Strazdas said:
RJ 17 said:
It's one thing to crack a game's files and find some hidden, locked-away content that's going to be future DLC or something. Spreading the word about that is a form of protest/activism. But if all you're going to do is crack the game and start spoiling the story, you're not being an activist against shameful industry marketing policies, you're just being a royal douche.
Do walkthroughs have a habit of cracking game files and releasing spoilers before the game has been released? Or are they just posted onto sites like gamefaqs so that people who already have the game and are specifically looking for help on certain parts can look them up and get said help?

Cracking a game that's not even out and writing a walkthrough are two completely separate things.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Strazdas said:
RJ 17 said:
Do walkthroughs have a habit of cracking game files and releasing spoilers before the game has been released? Or are they just posted onto sites like gamefaqs so that people who already have the game and are specifically looking for help on certain parts can look them up and get said help?

Cracking a game that's not even out and writing a walkthrough are two completely separate things.
Actually they do. They often crack games open and look at game scripts to better know how to give information on whats exactly happening.
They get posted all over the place like youtube and whatnot. And noone is asking you to click and read spoilers of cracked open GTA5 just like noone is asking you to read a walktrough. your at fault for spoilers in both. besides im pretty sure a topic called "gta archievements leaked" is named explicitly enough for you not to accidentaly spoil it.

The game is out. they allowed you to download gamefiles. the artificial timer of "cant launch till X" means only that you wont be able to play before X while pirates will. Once the gamefiles are downloaded the game is out whether they like it or not.

Btw im not sure you know, but most games get "Cracked" before official release date. Thats because there are plenty of people from stores that get thier stuff ahead of time and similar palces supplying crackers with the data. Its just that Sony have allowed them to be downlaoded by everyone + this being GTA5 where people are crazy to get any information (especially sicne rockstar is one of the few companies left that like to keep it quiet till the game is released instead of spoiling everything a year ahead) this blew up. Altroguh i do admit thats usually a 3-4 days before, not 3 weeks.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Strazdas said:
So by your logic no one should ever bother with using spoiler boxes? I mean if someone has to blame themselves for having something spoiled because "well they shouldn't have clicked on a topic called "GTA V is almost out!" unless they were prepared for some random user to have posted the ending!" Then why does anyone make such a big deal about spoilers in the first place? Again: why even bother with spoiler boxes?

Walkthroughs and cracked spoilers are an apples-to-oranges comparison my friend, and no amount of spin on your part is going to change that. As someone else said earlier: if you want to crack a game and learn about the ending and script and such for your own knowledge and curiosity then that's perfectly fine, but don't go around posting those spoilers on the internet. Besides the fact that you're spoiling it for people who might unintentionally go into a topic that by all accounts should have nothing to do with ending spoilers and find them in there, how do you think Rockstar feels about this?

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
Ok I know the story of the game and I will RUIN it for everyone

You play as a criminal killing people and stealing cars.

There!!! HA! RUINED THE GAME FOR EVERYONE!

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
RJ 17 said:
Strazdas said:
So by your logic no one should ever bother with using spoiler boxes? I mean if someone has to blame themselves for having something spoiled because "well they shouldn't have clicked on a topic called "GTA V is almost out!" unless they were prepared for some random user to have posted the ending!" Then why does anyone make such a big deal about spoilers in the first place? Again: why even bother with spoiler boxes?

Walkthroughs and cracked spoilers are an apples-to-oranges comparison my friend, and no amount of spin on your part is going to change that. As someone else said earlier: if you want to crack a game and learn about the ending and script and such for your own knowledge and curiosity then that's perfectly fine, but don't go around posting those spoilers on the internet. Besides the fact that you're spoiling it for people who might unintentionally go into a topic that by all accounts should have nothing to do with ending spoilers and find them in there, how do you think Rockstar feels about this?
Once again you completely miss the point. Spoiler boxes are there to prevent spoiling of content in a random discussion, where you would have no way of knowing the spoielr is comming (altrough their primaral use seems to be posting large images). As for GTA5 spoilers, a topic titled "gta 5 ending" is suerely self explanatory. Spoilerboxes are there to not spoil when you stumble upon it. If you intentionaly click on a thing you know will have spoilers, you should expect spoilers.
How are they apples and oranges? both basically tells you what happens in the game, except walktroughs also tell you what you should do to win. if you want to beat the game write a walktrough to yourself but dont go posting it on the internet. or god forbid there may be somone who didnt want to see and intentionally clicked on walktrough, knowing full well what the name meant. your spoiling it for the people who want to make their own strategies! how dare you post about what people are itnerested and expect people who dont want to see it wont click the link!
I think rockstar feels angry at Sony for preloading the game, since their stance is usually a wall of silence.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Pinkamena said:
elvor0 said:
Pinkamena said:
008Zulu said:
I have to wonder; Did they think people were not going to crack the files?

I read the tracklist, and I will say this, I sure am glad that Rockstar allow users to import their own mp3s. At least on the P.C.
That's all well and good, but most people use streaming services like Spotify or Wimp.
They do? Could've sworn most people have mp3 players. Not entirely sure what they're putting on them, but not mp3s apparently. Nor do I or any of my friends and family happen to have extensive music collections on their hard drives. Or CD/mp3 players in their cars.
Okay, let me edit my first post: Most people among my friends, classmates and family, use Spotify, Wimp or iTunes. Haven't seen an mp3 player in ages. I know one person who actually buy CDs.
Slightly necro (please don't mod me ><), but only just noticed your quote. Well by MP3 players I mean devices that can play MP3s, so Smartphones. Most people have music on their phones, so they can listen via earphones or plug them into a car stereo. Dunno what it's like in Norway, but in the UK, most second hand cars have CD players equipped, ergo unless you wanna splash out on a new stereo, it's easier to buy/burn a few CDs for the car.

That and wouldn't itunes count as having MP3s? You can't stream on itunes can you?