Sony Remastering PSP Titles for PS3, Monster Hunter Up First

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
I played a Monster Hunter game and loved it but playing it solo is too hard X_X
I wish i had friends who also played it cuz the multyplayer would totally rock.
The PS3 remake might fnially make my wish come true.

Grickit

Mar 2, 2011
Please Battlefront. PLEASE Battlefront. Heck, I'd pay for a remastered ps2 game from the Battlefront series.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
i kinda hope we get persona 3 portable coz frankly that would be hilarious, a ps3 re-release of a psp re-release of a ps2 game

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Id prefer it for my PSP.
Sure HD is nice, but i cant lug a PS3, and 1080P HDTV and a power source around.
Besides, Gameplay>Graphics.
And an amazing game i can play anywhere is better then an amazing game i can only play in my living room.

vazzaroth

May 19, 2009
Why did you do this to me, escapist!? I was SOOOO Excited, then you say its not confirmed for US release. T______________T

There are very few things I want more than a proper Monster Hunter for PS3!!! I played MH on PSP but hated the controls so much. And if they fix the smaller mosnters not being synced online, then it will be PERFECT! I hope this comes to USA soon soooo badly.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Shirokurou said:
PSP 2 PS3 wishlist:
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Valkyria Chronicles 2-3 (returning to PS3)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
ALL OF THIS! I would be so happy if this were to come true.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Just give us a PS3 exclusive MH title Capcom - no ports, no 'remastered editions, just a good PS3 MH title, built from the ground up to utilise the system...

That said though, it would be nice to see Valkyria Chronicles 2 given this treatment ^^ And MGS Peace Walker of course :D

Sep 14, 2009
-Seraph- said:
AbsoluteVirtue18 said:
Yeah, I heard about this.

Can't wait for Duodecim on PS3. Because we know you'll do that, right Square-Enix? Right? RIGHT?
I will personally hold Wada at gunpoint and force him to green light that. I won't have any reason to not have a PS3 if they make that *drools*.

My Golbez kicking ass in HD glory....oh yes.
this.

if anything its a smart move on sony's part, it makes there library that much bigger on their leading console, which will boost exclusives on it's side from the 360 and wii

dissidia, i knew we would meet again someday...

Cheezeypoofs

Professional Brony
Dec 19, 2010
Oh thank God. I went as far as to "import" and patch Portable 3rd for my PSP last month. My PS3 has been feeling neglected...

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Sounds cool. Monster Hunter would benefit from the second analog stick. Not sure what games I would want to buy for it though.

I don't know if I'd actually pick up Monster Hunter after all the frustration it has caused me. Cheap hits, those maddening carrying missions, and super long boss fights. I've spent over 125 hrs in Freedom 2 and lost a good 75 when it was saving and I set the PSP down which did something to corrupt all the saves(Monster Hunter only thank God) on the memory stick.

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
Yes! Monster Hunter is the only game I play on my psp, aside from Patapon 3. Hopefully this will be good enough for me to get a PS3

BlueAnubis

May 20, 2009
Personally, I'm waiting for a collection of all the Kingdom Hearts on the PS3. I mean, Blu-Ray disks have five times the storage space of a PS2 disk, so they could easily re-release them all on one disk.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Gaiseric said:
Sounds cool. Monster Hunter would benefit from the second analog stick. Not sure what games I would want to buy for it though.

I don't know if I'd actually pick up Monster Hunter after all the frustration it has caused me. Cheap hits, those maddening carrying missions, and super long boss fights. I've spent over 125 hrs in Freedom 2 and lost a good 75 when it was saving and I set the PSP down which did something to corrupt all the saves(Monster Hunter only thank God) on the memory stick.
They got rid of carrying missions.

Also Super Long Fights are the point. :D

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Korten12 said:
Gaiseric said:

They got rid of carrying missions.

Also Super Long Fights are the point. :D
They did? Nice.

The super long fights on a portable system that if I can remember correctly you had to hit "START" then go to the pause option while fighting a giant whatsit is annoying.

Maybe I'll think more about getting it for the PS3 if it does make its way Stateside. And maybe the online will convince me. Everyone says it's better with a friend.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Dear Sony:

-Kingdom hearts: Birth by Sleep
-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
-Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
-Daxter
-Dissidia 1 and 2
-Final Fantasy VI: The complete Collection/War of the Lions
-God of War: Ghost of Sparta/Chains of Olympus
-Killzone: Liberation
-Prinny: Can I really be a hero?
-Final Fantasy Type-0
-Megaman Legends 3

Thank you.

Note: Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier, Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank are okay since they were released for the PS2, at least.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Awesome. Though personally, I'd would've liked to see Unite get remastered as well. As awesome as the Jhen Mohran fight was, it just didn't have the epicness of Lao Shan Lung, Shen Gaoren or Fatalis, IMHO.