Sony Restores the PlayStation Network

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
awesome_ninja said:
nope... they pissed off the modders, and they got what they deserved... an ass kicking
wow you really believe that don't you or are you hoping others will believe your nonsense

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
"...increased levels of encryption, additional firewalls, and early warning systems."
That would imply they were previously encrypting data behind a firewall, which wasn't the case. I wish they wouldn't act like everyone is an idiot.

On the other hand, they are doing well in the wake of all this. It'd just be nice if they elaborated on what kind of encryption they are using. It would make me feel much more comfortable about everything.

awesome_ninja

Mar 2, 2011
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
nope... they pissed off the modders, and they got what they deserved... an ass kicking
wow you really believe that don't you or are you hoping others will believe your nonsense
I just hate Sony for removing OtherOS and other modding posibilities... It's our consoles Sony, stop updating it every god damn day against pirates that doesn't do shit, except piss off customers!

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
I just hate Sony for removing OtherOS and other modding posibilities... It's our consoles Sony, stop updating it every god damn day against pirates that doesn't do shit, except piss off customers!
given what i hear its not even your console your just renting it for life. frankly i didn't own a ps3 with the otherOS and couldn't care less that its gone

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Low Key said:
Tom Goldman said:
"...increased levels of encryption, additional firewalls, and early warning systems."
That would imply they were previously encrypting data behind a firewall, which wasn't the case. I wish they wouldn't act like everyone is an idiot.

On the other hand, they are doing well in the wake of all this. It'd just be nice if they elaborated on what kind of encryption they are using. It would make me feel much more comfortable about everything.
who can say other then Sony if they had encryption at all. I'm more likely to believe Sony then someone that doesn't even work for them

varulfic

Jul 12, 2008
Awesome news! I actually expected the downtime to be much longer, atleast two more weeks. No hard feelings, Sony. I've missed you!

awesome_ninja

Mar 2, 2011
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
given what i hear its not even your console your just renting it for life. frankly i didn't own a ps3 with the otherOS and couldn't care less that its gone
Ya, cause you don't mod stuff... I bet you just buy games for it, and use it from times to times as a multimedia tool... There ar....were so much possibilities with it before that. Oh well, I got the PS3 for "free" so meh

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
Ya, cause you don't mod stuff... I bet you just buy games for it, and use it from times to times as a multimedia tool... There ar....were so much possibilities with it before that. Oh well, I got the PS3 for "free" so meh
pc is so much better for nodding so I'll stick with that thank you

awesome_ninja

Mar 2, 2011
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
I have a PC too, but using a PS3 to do simple stuff as DL torrents uses much less energy...and that's just one example

FISHFINGERS

May 26, 2008
To quote Kazuo Hirai at 3:21 "In Short. make the protection of consumer data a full time, company wide commitment."

Was the protection of consumer data not a full time, company wide commitment?
And if not. Why not?

saxxon.de

Apr 18, 2011
It's 9:50 AM in Germany and PSN is still down. But the Firmware update can be downloaded, at least.

Wish your fellow european buddies luck, guys.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
I have a PC too, but using a PS3 to do simple stuff as DL torrents uses much less energy...and that's just one example
its simple to do on the pc as well so whats your point

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Cool, now I can...can...ermmm...download some demos I guess. Ever since I got my new gaming PC I only get a select number of games for the PS3, most of which singleplayer only.
PhunkyPhazon said:
Yaaaaaaay, I can finally play some Red Dead or Assassin's Creed multiplayer! Well, okay not quite yet. But it won't be much longer now.
When you can find a game for it. Which I never can. Sometimes I hate Europe.

awesome_ninja

Mar 2, 2011
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
Did you even read my post? -_- ... IT USES LESS ENERGY! Capiche?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
surprisingly ps3 use more energy then one would think

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
yay finally psn is back! Although now I gotta wait for an email from them so I can reset my password, and the store isn't back up yet so I still can't download anything to my new ps3. Ah well. Online mvc3 it is then.

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
Are you really argueing about energy consumption PS3 vs. PC? Seriously, both of you. Get over yourselves, it doesn't make a difference.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Skopintsev said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
tony2077 said:
awesome_ninja said:
Are you really argueing about energy consumption PS3 vs. PC? Seriously, both of you. Get over yourselves, it doesn't make a difference.
i know let me humor him please or maybe not since he seems to have left