Sony Reveals Franchise-Spanning Game Collections

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Sometimes (not often) Sony can come out of nowhere with an awesome bit of marketing.

Too bad I already own all of these games.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
That's nice and all Sony, but where is Fatal Frame Trilogy HD!

...Come to think of it, who has the rights to Fatal Frame?

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
jollybarracuda said:
An Infamous collection? No disrespect against the games, but really? It's got two games in the series, that counts as a collection? Nonetheless, a pretty cool deal, $30 for something like the GoW and R&C series is a bargain if you've never played them all.
and the festival of blood dlc (which is great fun)
I'm more interested by the
Fanghawk said:
The inFamous collection will come with the 2 main games, the Festival of Blood DLC game, extra missions, additional costumes and bonuses.
what extra missions? Need to know more!

Quiotu

Mar 7, 2008
Capitano Segnaposto said:
DVS BSTrD said:
5 Whole games? They must have counted God of War 3 twice.
God of War
God of War 2
God of War 3
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta

OT: I WANT ME SOME KINGDOM FUCKING HEARTS!
How do they make a Kingdom Hearts collection when half the games are on Nintendo consoles?

Kinda hard for Sony to want to toot Squeenix' horn when they decided that the Kingdom Hearts IP was too good for their consoles.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Wait.

When did they make InFamous 2 move compatible?

OT: 5 GoW games in one? That's almost as good as the Orange Box. Too bad the only one that I semi-enjoyed was 3.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Baresark said:
I'm sure there will be lots of dramatic arguing about this kind of thing as a rage against companies not making new games and what not, but I'm all for this.
I'm not evensure why that would be an issue here.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Quiotu said:
DVS BSTrD said:
5 Whole games? They must have counted God of War 3 twice.
God of War
God of War 2
God of War 3
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta

OT: I WANT ME SOME KINGDOM FUCKING HEARTS!
How do they make a Kingdom Hearts collection when half the games are on Nintendo consoles?

Kinda hard for Sony to want to toot Squeenix' horn when they decided that the Kingdom Hearts IP was too good for their consoles.
That is a rather idiotic statement. There are only three titles that haven't been remade that can only be found on Nintendo Handhelds: 358/2, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. Re:Coded was a basic remake of the original Kingdom Hearts, nothing will be missed there. The only two that have anything to do with the story are 3D and 358/2.

Now, they already remade one of the games for the PS2, RE: Chain of Memories. So with that knowledge, they would have no issue AT ALL to create an HD Remake of the titles: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+, and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix. Those are 4 titles that can easily be retooled for an HD re-release.

Oh, to further make your statement completely useless: Kingdom Hearts III will be a PS4 Exclusive.

So yes, Squeenix definitely despise Sony and think they are no good. /sarcasm.
Seeing as how I don't care for Disney, and didn't care for KH1 when I first tried a friend's copy, I would still get this and try it out if it ever happened, see if I can be converted.

Also, have Sora & Co. ever visited the world of Studio Ghibli or anything? What about Gargoyles or The Mighty Ducks?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Baresark said:
I'm sure there will be lots of dramatic arguing about this kind of thing as a rage against companies not making new games and what not, but I'm all for this.
I'm not evensure why that would be an issue here.
I only stated that as there tends to be some level of hostility towards companies monetizing things that already exist versus releasing new products. I was being dramatic when I used the quantifier "lots" in the sentence.. and a little sarcastic.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Give me a full-and-complete ".hack//COLLECTION" spanning from Infection to Link...and we'll talk.

ScruffyMcBalls

Apr 16, 2012
Yay! Maybe they might release collections of franchises and actually include the first game! You know, like Metal Gear and Silent Hill :D Yes, yes I am still bitter about that. And yes, yes I do know neither of those franchises are Sony, move along.

But in all seriousness, considering we're approaching the end of the generation (It's pretty much official, we just gotta accept it now) this isn't a bad move for generating some revenue and getting a grasp of how popular these franchises are and see which ones should be getting priority over the others in the next generation. Plus consumers can more easily get their hands on the games and collectors can more easily get their hands on the original individual titles. All in all, I see no losing so have at it.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
I think it's kinda funny how they're re-releasing old titles for the new(est) console while remembering the reason they removed the backwards compatability in the first place.
"Because we believe that people buy PS3's to play PS3 games"

I'm thinking it's more along the lines of:
"Because we want to make more money by re-selling these old games again and again"

Now, who's betting the next sony console will actually have it?

didn't think so

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
Come on Front Mission Collection and Armored Core Collection. As per internet traditions you now know my extreme wishful thinking.