Sony Reveals Franchise-Spanning Game Collections

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
jollybarracuda said:
An Infamous collection? No disrespect against the games, but really? It's got two games in the series, that counts as a collection? Nonetheless, a pretty cool deal, $30 for something like the GoW and R&C series is a bargain if you've never played them all.
Well don't forget that God of War had a collection for the 2 PSP games AND the first 2 games in the series.
Also InFamous collection will have the DLC which is still a nice touch for people who do not want to pay for both games.

Wondering when there will be a Resistance collection.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
GOW looks awesome to me since i only played the 1st on ps2 and skipped 2 and 3 and never owned a psp, 30 bucks for all the games seems a no brainer to me short action games or not they are some of the best action games ever made, or so they say about all but 3 usually.

still need a mgs collection, have to get the hd one one of these days.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
B-but InFamous 2 came out last year, maybe even exactly a year ago.
And I got the first one for free after they screwed up last year!

A-and you're not even preventing the sale of used games by that much. The used versions of those games might not come with some codes (Festival of Blood, some avatars, etc.) but you'll probably be able to buy it $5 or $10 cheaper. Five games for 20 bucks! Any clueless parent would choose that (Seen it happen).

But hey, I still support that...I guess. Shall we look forward to Sly Collection? or Jak coll--

Wait a minute! They've already released those! Like about a year ago! Prince of Persia, Jak, Sly, Splinter Cell, DMC, MGS, Tomb Raider, Ico and Shadows of the Colossus...

This is not something innovative, Sony!

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Beautiful End said:

A-and you're not even preventing the sale of used games by that much. The used versions of those games might not come with some codes (Festival of Blood, some avatars, etc.) but you'll probably be able to buy it $5 or $10 cheaper. Five games for 20 bucks! Any clueless parent would choose that (Seen it happen).

But hey, I still support that...I guess. Shall we look forward to Sly Collection? or Jak coll--

Wait a minute! They've already released those! Like about a year ago! Prince of Persia, Jak, Sly, Splinter Cell, DMC, MGS, Tomb Raider, Ico and Shadows of the Colossus...

Actually, it kinda is. We've never had collections of this magnitude before, short of the odd upgrade from really old games, like the FF Origin collection on PS1, or even just straight ports with additions, like the other FF collections on PS1.

I mean, if you saved your money and bought all of these collections, no one coudl deny you'd have a fantastic collection of games, for a fraction of the shelf space, and a fraction of the individual cost. In fact, last I checked, InFamous 2 is still $22+ used at GameStop.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
kyosai7 said:
Beautiful End said:

Actually, it kinda is. We've never had collections of this magnitude before, short of the odd upgrade from really old games, like the FF Origin collection on PS1, or even just straight ports with additions, like the other FF collections on PS1.

I mean, if you saved your money and bought all of these collections, no one coudl deny you'd have a fantastic collection of games, for a fraction of the shelf space, and a fraction of the individual cost. In fact, last I checked, InFamous 2 is still $22+ used at GameStop.
Dang, I forgot about the FF Collections!

Anyway, I was referring to the PS3 "wave" of collections they just announced. All those titles have already been released ever since last September, I think. Could be more.
Yeah, there's been some other collections...like the DMC and MGS ones that came out for the PS2. But the way Sony makes it sound like, what with the cool box covers and all, it sounds as if it's just something new that we should look forward to, not something that's old news.

Good old news. But still, old. But that's just the way I see it. *Shrugs*

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Beautiful End said:
kyosai7 said:
Beautiful End said:

Dang, I forgot about the FF Collections!

Anyway, I was referring to the PS3 "wave" of collections they just announced. All those titles have already been released ever since last September, I think. Could be more.
Yeah, there's been some other collections...like the DMC and MGS ones that came out for the PS2. But the way Sony makes it sound like, what with the cool box covers and all, it sounds as if it's just something new that we should look forward to, not something that's old news.

Good old news. But still, old. But that's just the way I see it. *Shrugs*
Didn't I read that some of the games, like InFamous, will have new bonus missions and stuff?

BBboy20

Jun 27, 2011
Kapol said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Where's the Jak and Daxter Collection?
Already Released [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jak_and_Daxter#Jak_and_Daxter_Collection]

Honestly, this is nice. But it also kind of sucks for the people who bought them before. The trade-off is that those people got to play the games quite a bit earlier. So it evens out I think.
I'd no problem getting it in the Collections artwork.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
i have nothing but praise for sony, and i hope they continue this practice, i highly doubt that microsoft will do anything like this.... although i kind of struggle to remember any exclusive franchises besides halo and gears. i wonder if they even have the proper ip to do it at all

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Oh that kind of sucks. I don't have inFamous 2, but I do have the first game which I got for free, and I just recently bought Festival of Blood -.-.

If this includes all the inFamous 2 dlc I might consider getting it, since I only borrowed that one from a friend.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
I think these collections are pretty cool, but they always feel like a punishment for people who bought the original games or HD collections. I've been buying every Ratchet & Clank game as soon as it came out for years now, so it's a bit rubbish that, as a reward for my loyalty, I miss out on all the cool extras included in these packs.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Artemis923 said:
What, no Metal Gear Solid?

Captcha: Don't Dawdle.

God damn right, Sony.
Konami would be in charge of that one.

Also already out.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX97I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1344350804&sr=8-1&keywords=metal+gear+solid+hd+collection