Sony Thinks Arc can Stand up to Natal "PR Barrage"

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
I'm against motion control on anything other than the Wii. But out of Natal and Arc, I'd buy the Arc. At least then there's something to hold...

Leon's Hell

Dec 20, 2009
So Natal will sell five copies while Arc will sell one, good to know. I really don't like the idea of motion controls, I want to be able to just sit down and play games without either breaking the stuff in my house or looking like an ass while I play.

ClunkiestTurtle

Feb 19, 2010
I really enjoyed the eyetoy back in the day and the PSeye is selling for about a handful of beans these days so i doubt it will cost a lot to get on board with it.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing what Sony is going to deliver here. While its nothing close to original it has more potential on the face of it then Natal to be something good to play games with as i don't really see the practicality (or appeal) of playing a games console with no controls what so ever, things will either be overcomplicated or over simplified.

To me Natal appears to be more of a flashy "look what i can do" interface where as arc seems to be more about just the games but i guess i will still probably get both so we shall see!

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
That looks like a compact Anal Probe...

But if I feel like a motion sensitive stick I'd just use the Wii, and if I need higher quality, Motion+.

It seems a little redundant next to the Wii, I'm sorry, it just does.

At least Natal is something new or at the very least a colossally overhauled eyetoy rather than a copycat version of something that's been about for a few years.

Extra thought: It's Sony, and what's the point of releasing something if the bulk of their customers wait 2 years to actually buy it.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Funny: for a statement that seems to imply Microsoft is all bark and no bite with Natal, we haven't exactly seen anything different coming from Sony's end.

I eagerly wait for the releases.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
JaredXE said:
These fad controllers are just ruining it for the consumers.
Everything since the Atari 2600 has been said to be ruining it for the "Consumers". Ironically, the only things that ever managed it were E.T. and Pac Man...

OT - I gotta say, this is a big risk. There are gamers out there that can remember in minute detail what Hideo Kojima said ten years ago about what colour he was thinking of painting his bathroom (Pale Teal, if you're interested), so if this fucks up and Sony tries to deny it, the shitstorm could do some serious damage to Sony's already shaky credibility...

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
SniperWolf427 said:
That has got to be the ugliest peripheral (read:anything) I have ever seen in my entire life.

Odd, Sony is usually pretty good about making tech that is aesthetically pleasing.
Oh come on. You put on a pink tu-tu and fairy wings and you can rock that thing.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
squid5580 said:
SniperWolf427 said:
That has got to be the ugliest peripheral (read:anything) I have ever seen in my entire life.

Odd, Sony is usually pretty good about making tech that is aesthetically pleasing.
Oh come on. You put on a pink tu-tu and fairy wings and you can rock that thing.
That is simply a testament to how good my legs would look in a pink tu-tu. The device is still ugly as hell.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
I just like in the begining of the console war, sony was the one bragging about their console capabilities and microsoft was quitely making profit, now it looks that the roles have switched.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I don't much give a crap about Arc, nor do I much care about Natal, but one thing I would like, and I don't even know if they're doing it, is to be able to motion control the DVD functions for the 360.

With Natal, I wouldn't need to even hold anything, just a hand gesture to pause, skip scenes, fast forward, etc... I don't know if they're including that or not, but I hope so, and would get Natal for that alone.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
As is my feelings with the Natal, I'm not interested in the technology, only in how they use it. If they can use it to make new and interesting games, rather than just shovelware titles or games that implement the controller only to a slight and meaningless degree, then I'll consider if it's worth the price. Otherwise, I'm completely indifferent on the matter of how it looks, how accurate it is, etc.

I'm all for motion control, as long as they don't disrespect the consumer (ie. Me) by offering absolute crap and calling it a game.

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
I'm all for letting the product sell itself, but not advertizing? That crosses the line from bold into stupid.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
SniperWolf427 said:
squid5580 said:
SniperWolf427 said:

That is simply a testament to how good my legs would look in a pink tu-tu. The device is still ugly as hell.
Well ya but it is like a good purse. You know the one that takes the nice outfit and you put that purse over your shoulder and it goes from nice to WOWsers. And if you can get some tools drill 2 holes into it. 1 big and one small. Put a screen over the big hole and fill it with glitter through the small. It isn't just how good you look but the overall effect.

Now excuse me while I go into the woods to find a big mean animal so I can kill it with my bare hands and then eat it raw.