Sony Won't Approve Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Promos

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
LiquidSolstice said:
Lunar Templar said:
"wall of text to substitute my inability to read or comprehend simple logic
Let me break it down to you in super idiotically simple terms, since you're so infernally convinced you know what I'm saying that you've gone completely nuts.
if your just NOW figuring this out, you need to pay attention more

Let's take a look at the process:

1) Game publishers/devs add DRM (for whatever fucking reason, monetary greed, preventing second hand sales, or piracy)

2) End users hack into games like this and everyone is all proud of them

3) Game developers/publishers see their DRM broken

Do you REALLY think #4 will result in game publishers removing DRM? You'd love to think so, I'm sure, but no, they answer is that they will simply add MORE and MORE DRM until playing video games becomes a fucking nightmare. These companies aren't ever going to be let it known that they can be pushed around by pirates and hackers (this isn't my opinion, this is just the truth) and for that reason will never buckle, EVEN IF THEY SHOULD.
and yet there are a few cases where they have removed it, not many, but some people have pulled they're heads out of they're asses. but do you think DRM would get better if people stopped cracking or pirating games? fuck no, they'd claim its working and probably tighten they're grip more just to prove they're in control, and rip us off, but your clearly on they're side so you probably don't even care about that.

and since you missed it, I'll say it again. people crack DRM because all it dose is get in the way of the experience, its a useless add on program meant only to get in the way of legit players.

also, a fun fact for you :D not every one who uses a crack to get around DRM is a pirate, some people just don't want to deal with extra, and unnecessary bullshit in they're games (kinda like i REALLY need to do for Arkham Asylum)

So once again, for the fourth goddamn time, I'm not "telling you to feel sorry" for anyone. I'm warning you that the people you consider to be freedom fighters and "proud of them", they're going to be the reason your gaming experience just gets worse in the future, in the same way that anonymous will make your life on the internet hell if they keep going with trying to "liberate us" and fight for freedom or whatever they claim to be doing by DDoSing police websites.
except ..... the police forces have an actual fucking PURPOSE, DRM on the other hand, is pretty much fucking worthless. since ya know, the Police actually DO stop crime, unlike DRM which is broken and kicked aside in like what? a day or so, yeah real effective counter measures there /sarcasm

its a major corporation, it could be gone tomorrow and i probably wouldn't care, hell probably be happy they're gone

though, whats the point of you continuing to be 'wrong' at me? you've gotta better chance of diverting a river with a tooth pick then you have at changing my mind, if that is indeed you goal.

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
snipped, AGAIN
Holy.
Fucking.
Shit.

Seriously. Get off your soapbox and stop telling me about how evil DRM is and how it's ineffective and all that and actually fucking read what I'm saying, because I'm not saying a goddamn thing about the effectiveness or need/lack of DRM.

What part of "I don't give a shit why DRM exists, whether or not it's justified, or what you think of it" do you not fucking understand?

Publishers almost never remove DRM. They just make it worse. Stories of hackers breaking through their DRM will only make it even more worse, because they will continue to add more intrusive and annoying DRM in the future to try and prevent it. What the fuck are you not understanding about that?

The ONLY point I'm attacking is that these hackers are in any way "helping" the industry. You may feel all proud of these people and the "statement" they've made and how they're "sticking it to the man", but when DRM gets worse and more convoluted and annoying, you'll know who to thank.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
LiquidSolstice said:
Lunar Templar said:
snipped, AGAIN
snipped
wow, your just repeating your self now.

"I don't give a shit why DRM exists, whether or not it's justified, or what you think of it"
this right here is why i have no respect for you, or your opinion. you don't care it exists, or that it's 'hurting' people's enjoyment of a game, you just wanna argue about the 'evil hackers' who aren't about to put up with this under some misguided notion that things will get lots of times worse.

never mind they're very likely lieing about how bad the piracy problem really is, like they're lieing about how used sales are hurting them, just so they can push more 'disk locked content' and on line passes, so they can squeeze a few more dollars they don't deserve out of us.

they will add new and more intrusive DRM regardless of what anyone dose. what part of THAT do you not get. but go ahead, keep acting like company's like Capcom and EA are just innocent victims here. if nothing else, it makes me laugh at how wrong you are

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
Edit: You know what? I'm not going to let you get to me. It's obvious you are not interested in reading, only in preaching, so I'll just repeat myself until you get the point.

The ONLY point I'm attacking is that these hackers are in any way "helping" the industry. You may feel all proud of these people and the "statement" they've made and how they're "sticking it to the man", but when DRM gets worse and more convoluted and annoying, you'll know who to thank.

I expect I'll be repeating this quite a few times, I imagine with how trigger-happy you are on the DRM lectures of doomsday, you'll be able to ignore/twist what I'm saying for quite a few posts. It's okay, I'll be here for you to vent.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
LiquidSolstice said:
Lunar Templar said:
Edit: You know what? I'm not going to let you get to me. It's obvious you are not interested in reading, only in preaching, so I'll just repeat myself until you get the point.
that'll never happen since you've got nothing to say worth listening to. just one misguided point that's laughably inaccurate.

now if we're done here, do be a good chap and stop filling my in box with your non-sense, i have other, more entertaining nonsense to fill it with and your taking up space

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
LiquidSolstice said:
Lunar Templar said:
that'll never happen since you've got nothing to say worth listening to. just one misguided point that's laughably inaccurate.

now if we're done here, do be a good chap and stop filling my in box with your non-sense, i have other, more entertaining nonsense to fill it with and your taking up space
As I said before, because you insist on preaching about the evils of DRM, the more stories you hear about hackers breaking through DRM, the more aggressive publishers will be about DRM, so they may be heroes today but when tomorrow comes with always-on internet connections being the norm, I doubt you'll be thanking them.

I'll keep filling up your inbox until you remove the oversized stick out of your ass and try your hardest to read what I'm saying and respond to it in a mature fashion that doesn't involve dishing out copious amounts of infantile insults. This would, of course, require you to come down from the pedestal you sit on, because I imagine it must be mighty hard to see the words on this page when you're sitting so much higher up than everyone else.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
LiquidSolstice said:
so .... your just going to keep on with the same miss informed points, and do nothing to actually back anything up 'cept flail around more and act like you know everything? cool, you have fun with that

also, I'll start treating you better when you stop acting like a jerk, so far you've done nothing but bad mouth me from the word go.

or
you don't deserve me being nice to you, cause you've failed to do the same, and i have a more permanent way of dealing with people like you

LiquidSolstice

Dec 25, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
LiquidSolstice said:
so .... your just going to keep on with the same miss informed points, and do nothing to actually back anything up 'cept flail around more and act like you know everything? cool, you have fun with that

also, I'll start treating you better when you stop acting like a jerk, so far you've done nothing but bad mouth me from the word go.

or
you don't deserve me being nice to you, cause you've failed to do the same, and i have a more permanent way of dealing with people like you
No, I'm just going to do what you are incapable of; stick to the only point I was making. As in, you know, not launch into emotionally charged diatribes (judging from the way you spell, you will most likely need to look up what a "diatribe" is) that are not concerned with the point I've made.

If you need reminding (which I am sure you do), the only point I focus on is the "heroism" attributed to those that unlocked this content, and how such breaches of a company's admittedly stupid and frustrating system of "protecting copyright" will only cause a company to further aggressively add DRM.

If you've got something to add to that and only that, please feel free to do it in a polite manner. Otherwise, just put me on your ignore list and be done with it.