Sony's Station.com Taken Offline

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
If you saw Alien: Resurrection there was a part where clone Ripley found a room with a bunch of failed clone Ripley's in various states of brokenness. And in the back was one still alive attached to life support wheezing in pain and begging to be killed.

That is how many people see Star Wars Galaxies.

Taking that offline just relieves its suffering.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13256817

Sony warns of almost 25 million extra user detail theft

In a message to its customers, Sony said: "We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company."

However, it added that "on 1 May we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen".

Sony was quoted by the Associated Press (AP) news agency as saying that the latest incident occurred on 16 and 17 April.

This was earlier than the larger Playstation user security breach.

Sony said that during the most recently discovered security breach, names, home addresses, e-mail addresses, dates of birth, phone numbers and gender information was taken.

Additionally, direct debit details of around 10,700 customers in Austria, Spain, the Netherlands and Germany were stolen, as were the credit or debit card details of some 12,700 non-US customers.
Seems like those who put their details onto SOE are in greater danger than those who uploaded them to the PSN.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I'm slightly worried about this. Sony is really starting to go down, first PSN and now SOE. This could... no. This is really bad for Sony. Lets hope they can fix the issue soon, I'd hate to find out that SOE info has been lost to. :s

michaelknives52

Mar 12, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
michaelknives52 said:
binnsyboy said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It probably has something to do with the "phasing back PSN" thing. Since DCUO and Free Realms are on PS3, too.

But that offical statement doesn't really fit that idea, does it? It could be that SOE had info stolen, too.
Could someone do some digging on this? I need to know if I should cancel my card, I had a Star Wars Galaxies account a while ago. I really wouldn't have the first clue about finding out if SOE has been breached...

don't cancel it... if someone fraudulently uses you credit card not only will you be able to have the charge adjusted b ut you can sue sony ^_^ but if you have a debit card... erhm yeah cancel it
nope.jpg

Im pretty damn sure that those terms and conditions you agree too when signing up have "Thou shalt not sue us" somewhere in there.

I prosecuted many cvil cases... I am confident that if there was any lawyer worth his salt could get around that given the circumstances.

LorienvArden

Feb 28, 2011
European law at least would clearly favor the customer in this case.

Considering the public oppinion, Sony should rather not dispute valid claims and reimburse their customers for the damage they suffered.

If they didn't reimburse you in a convinient way - i'ld up the numbers of customers quitting to a solid quarter.

Of course, a lawsuit is necessary to weed out secondary frauds.

Vhardamis

Apr 4, 2011
I got this email to all 3 of my accounts associated with SoE Games. That can't be a good sign:

Excerpt:

"We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible."

lastresort

May 11, 2011
Well this is a royal mess!! Next question is where did all the Poxnora runes go? There's well over $1 million tied up into a game server thats been hacked into. Where is the runes/cards? Have they been compermised? Who knows Sony is neglecting to disclose that info! I know there's a lot of people asking the same question. I know personally of three people together thats has over $4k tied up in this game! Not to mention all the rune stores like TCGbay and Pox bros. I bet Pox Portal/TCGBay has over $20k in runes and thats at SOEs price. Not the going street price which I'm sure is over $100k! Ok SOE we want some answers!!!!

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
lastresort said:
Well this is a royal mess!! Next question is where did all the Poxnora runes go? There's well over $1 million tied up into a game server thats been hacked into. Where is the runes/cards? Have they been compermised? Who knows Sony is neglecting to disclose that info! I know there's a lot of people asking the same question. I know personally of three people together thats has over $4k tied up in this game! Not to mention all the rune stores like TCGbay and Pox bros. I bet Pox Portal/TCGBay has over $20k in runes and thats at SOEs price. Not the going street price which I'm sure is over $100k! Ok SOE we want some answers!!!!
Wait... what? Seriously.