JDKJ said:
Ghostwise said:
JDKJ said:
Ghostwise said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
michaelknives52 said:
binnsyboy said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It probably has something to do with the "phasing back PSN" thing. Since DCUO and Free Realms are on PS3, too.

But that offical statement doesn't really fit that idea, does it? It could be that SOE had info stolen, too.
Could someone do some digging on this? I need to know if I should cancel my card, I had a Star Wars Galaxies account a while ago. I really wouldn't have the first clue about finding out if SOE has been breached...

don't cancel it... if someone fraudulently uses you credit card not only will you be able to have the charge adjusted b ut you can sue sony ^_^ but if you have a debit card... erhm yeah cancel it
nope.jpg

Im pretty damn sure that those terms and conditions you agree too when signing up have "Thou shalt not sue us" somewhere in there.
LOL those terms and conditions are null and void if they break it themselves by allowing their systems to be hacked into and your personal information stolen. That is why there is a lawsuit over the PSN breach. Hopefully though this is nothing but precautionary measures. Talk about your negligent security though. Good job Sony......good job.
The terms of the PSN's TOU are rendered null and void because the system experienced a data breach? Did you just make that up? Or do you have some kinda legal authority, like a court case or statute or even the opinion of a legal scholar, that supports that claim? I'm thinking it's made up. In fact, I'm calling "bullshit!" on that one.
Do you live under a rock or something?!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-28/sony-faces-lawsuit-regulators-scrutiny-over-playstation-user-data-breach.html
Sony has been sued as a result of the data breach and the resulting service downtime. That fact doesn't do a thing to support your claim that the "terms and conditions are null and void if [Sony] break it themselves by allowing their systems to be hacked into and your personal information stolen." Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Anyone with the filing fee and the ability to properly draft the required paperwork can file a lawsuit. So what? Does the fact that someone has filed a lawsuit against Sony mean that the terms of their TOU whereby users waive the right to file suit for damages against Sony are somehow "null and void?" Not at all. Not even close.
Their Terms of Service are equivalent to a used piece of toilet paper if they are so incompetent to not be able to keep your CC info and personal data safe in any paying customers eyes and a judge will feel the same way. All I'm saying. Now they are being sued because of their lack of ability to run a secure system. I didn't mean to offend you and your Sony Overlords.
OK. I see. You have no legal authority that supports your claim. I thought so.
Ok well, go get em' Matlock!

Just an FYI this is a real lawsuit which for some reason you don't think is possible.

The case is Johns v. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 11-02063, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California (San Francisco).
You are not understanding what I'm saying. And you are not understanding how a contract works. And you are not understanding how the court system works.

Let's assume that a clause in a contract that says "you can't sue me" is perfectly valid and enforceable. Let's assume that, despite the terms of the contract, someone sues me. The mere fact that they have sued me doesn't make the term of the contract null and void. I will eventually respond to the suit by pointing out to the court that there is a valid and binding contract between myself and the plaintiff whereby they agreed to not sue me. And the court will toss the plaintiff out on their ass. But in the meantime, the mere fact that they sued me doesn't mean that my contractual agreement with them is "null and void."

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
This story is so boring people here would rather talk about "Johns v. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 11-02063, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California".

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
EchetusXe said:
This story is so boring people here would rather talk about "Johns v. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 11-02063, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California".
Don't blame me. It's the headline. They're not putting the effort into them they once did. It should read: "Sony's Station.com Taken Offline in Response to Retaliation Attack by al Qaeda!!!"

If they don't stir the doo-doo, don't blame me for the lack of flies.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Yeah, I noticed this when a facebook game I've been trying out shut down - hadn't even considered that Sony was behind Station.com, but does that mean potentially my Facebook info has been compromised?! Dammit, I thought I was safe without a PS3!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
zombie711 said:
Korten12 said:
cWg | Konka said:
Korten12 said:
IamQ said:
Sony just can't catch a break, eh?

I hope that after this, the hackers will focus on the WBC instead.

Also:

What?
I don't get it, do those recaptcha thing, just appear..?
they are bastards, ive had letters from the greek alphabet and hebrew stuff. Its fucking shit
No but I mean like, do they post and then suddenly in their post is the recaphtcha?
I belive if you start to post comments in a row they appear.
like so
So like this?
Huh?
Didn't work. :(

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
michaelknives52 said:
binnsyboy said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
It probably has something to do with the "phasing back PSN" thing. Since DCUO and Free Realms are on PS3, too.

But that offical statement doesn't really fit that idea, does it? It could be that SOE had info stolen, too.
Could someone do some digging on this? I need to know if I should cancel my card, I had a Star Wars Galaxies account a while ago. I really wouldn't have the first clue about finding out if SOE has been breached...

don't cancel it... if someone fraudulently uses you credit card not only will you be able to have the charge adjusted b ut you can sue sony ^_^ but if you have a debit card... erhm yeah cancel it
nope.jpg

Im pretty damn sure that those terms and conditions you agree too when signing up have "Thou shalt not sue us" somewhere in there.

No matter what TOS you agree too, there are clauses and laws that preserve your rights.

Just because you clicked yes on something saying, "I give up all my rights to legal action..." Doesn't mean anything. Especially in a situation like this.

mogamer

Jan 26, 2010
Wait, Star Wars Galaxies is still around? Damn, that game will collapse like a black hole once SW:TOR gets released.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Wicky_42 said:
Yeah, I noticed this when a facebook game I've been trying out shut down - hadn't even considered that Sony was behind Station.com, but does that mean potentially my Facebook info has been compromised?! Dammit, I thought I was safe without a PS3!
Well, Station.com is run by Sony Online Entertainment. Big clue in the name ;)

I'm hoping this is nothing serious. Hoping...

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
coldalarm said:
Wicky_42 said:
Well, Station.com is run by Sony Online Entertainment. Big clue in the name ;)

I'm hoping this is nothing serious. Hoping...
Yeah, retarded not to make that connection XD That said, does that mean there's going to be a problem with their TVs any time soon. lol?

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
JDKJ said:
Now now, you should have known he was off his rocker after he used the phrase "Allowed themselves to be hacked."

Axeion

Feb 18, 2010
whats on eq players site this morning ..
"Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday)."

Not gona cancel my debit card.Easy enuff to watch the acount an besides if its to much bank cuts off the transaction.Some cases debit card > than credit card imho.

Sounds more like they found a problem more than any thing to do with ps3.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Sovereignty said:
michaelknives52 said:
binnsyboy said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

nope.jpg

No matter what TOS you agree too, there are clauses and laws that preserve your rights.

Just because you clicked yes on something saying, "I give up all my rights to legal action..." Doesn't mean anything. Especially in a situation like this.
Can you cite to those "clauses and laws?" Because contractual waiver of the right to sue for direct and consequential damages is frequent and frequently upheld by courts. In fact, that's precisely what the Supreme Court did just last week in the ATT v. Concepcion case: it upheld a contractual agreement not to sue as a member of a class action and only to submit the claim to arbitration.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
JDKJ said:
Now now, you should have known he was off his rocker after he used the phrase "Allowed themselves to be hacked."
I've become jaded by the posters here that claim Sony was something other than a victim of cyber-crime. I wish they'd at least raise the rape victim defense: yes, my client raped her but, looking at the way she was dressed in that tight mini-skirt, clearly she was asking to be raped. At least that's not a total reinvention of the facts.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
JDKJ said:
I've become jaded by the posters here that claim Sony was something other than a victim of cyber-crime. I wish they'd at least raise the rape victim defense: yes, my client raped her but, looking at the way she was dressed in that tight mini-skirt, clearly she was asking to be raped. At least that's not a total reinvention of the facts.
You're a bit confused there. The term 'Victim' refers to the person raped, not the rapist.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Regiment said:
IamQ said:
It's only a matter of time before the captchas are entirely in Hebrew and Cyrillic.
Or Arabic. Those are my favorites.

I've found that if you click "reply" or "quote" and get the captcha, just navigate away and back to the thread, click "reply" or "quote" again, and you won't get the captcha again. I suspect that it's random enough that it doesn't follow you around everywhere you go.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
DeadlyYellow said:
JDKJ said:
You're a bit confused there. The term 'Victim' refers to the person raped, not the rapist.
Depends on the particulars of the rape victim. I've ended up in bed with women who, if I raped them, I'd have a decent claim to being a victim myself. That's why I don't do tequila shots anymore. Don't wanna end up a rape defendant-victim.