Soooo.... James "AVGN" Rolfe is in the news this week..

Trude

Nov 26, 2012
Here's [http://i.imgur.com/LbUEcl8.jpg] your internet news and social media roast.

Been a while. Does anyone have my old avatar by any chance?

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Trude said:
Here's [http://i.imgur.com/LbUEcl8.jpg] your internet news and social media roast.
One webm for Gawker, another for the bottom photo popping up. Still amazed people are dogpiling on James like this. You'd almost think there is an agenda here. OH WAIT
What was it? It still exists but only once someone manages to flip the pub club switch again.

OT: I'm still waiting for BlaxploitationBusters.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Trude said:
One webm for Gawker, another for the bottom photo popping up. Still amazed people are dogpiling on James like this. You'd almost think there is an agenda here. OH WAIT
What was it? It still exists but only once someone manages to flip the pub club switch again.

Ya know I keep hearing going on about agendas. Everyone accuses everyone of being in on some grand scheme to enforce their political views. Ya got people being like the Redpills and MRA are plotting! or 4Chan is plotting! Or the Feminist and the Rainbow Armada are plotting!

Am I the only one here feeling that's really paranoid? Also it sounds exhausting. I look at all this drama shit for recreation but even after an hour of it, I'm tired just reading it and forming opinions on it.

Could it not be, just waaayyyyyyy more likely whats going on isn't a targeted attack on James Rolfe and his career but... just people genuinely reacting, right or wrong? and maybe a few others trying to exploit drama for money?

The idea of all these things working in the shadows? I don't buy it. You know how hard that would be to pull off with no one knowing? But I suppose it's more comforting for people to think theres a conspiracy against a line of thinking or a reason for the abuse then a bunch of scared little children in the world have finally become adults and none of us have a single fucking clue what we are doing here. Why ***** about the new ghostbusters? Well it's better than dwelling on our mortality isn't it?

tl;dr I don't see any agenda at all here, I just see a world thats entirely rudderless and oohhhh thats far more scary.

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
DudeistBelieve said:
tl;dr I don't see any agenda at all here, I just see a world thats entirely rudderless and oohhhh thats far more scary.
Agenda may or may not have been the right word for what I was meaning. Actually, it is the right one for the most part. I was implying that it was using Rolfe as a face for people who dislike the movie and shitting all over him, and thus promoting the movie even further.

I'd take the scary over seeing major news outlets being legitimately retarded.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
neoprogressives
Can we please just stop putting "neo-" in front of everything as though that makes it look more radical and extremist? It doesn't, it just looks like the bizarre hybrid of strawman ("progressivism is an extremist, hostile movement") with a built-in escape hatch ("well obviously not all progressives, just the, you know, neo ones").

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
James "AVGN" Rolfe is in the news this week
That's one heck of a click-bait title. Couldn't it have been something like, "James 'AVGN' Rolfe announces he won't review new Ghostbusters"? I was afraid that something bad on a newsworthy scale had happened involving him.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
LegendaryGamer0 said:
snip

Shaft vs the ghosts of crackahs past?

OT: Yes OP, you are crazy, having opinions is the worst thing you can have. It implies you came to a conclusion on your own.

darthdenim

Jul 10, 2014
How come absolutely nobody cared when ComicBookGirl19 said this? https://youtu.be/lQIuTGfPHvA?t=409

Hell, she's proposing an actual boycott of this movie. All James said is that he personally doesn't want to see it. He didn't even tell anybody else not to.

James doesn't deserve this garbage. People like Dane Cook ought to think before they open their damn mouths about things and people they know nothing about.

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
crimson5pheonix said:
Shaft vs the ghosts of crackahs past?
Was thinking four sassy black women but yours is now my runner up.
darthdenim said:
James doesn't deserve this garbage. People like Dane Cook ought to think before they open their damn mouths about things and people they know nothing about.
waitwaitwaitwait

Dane fucking Cook chimed in on this? That says everything that needs to be said.

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
Something Amyss said:
The Bucket said:
Whatever you think about his stance, he at least made it without making personal attacks on anyone, I dont know what calling him a manbaby is meant to achieve.
Accurate description of a guy who has had tantrums in the past and will in the future?
So, you care to back that up, or are you just gonna make a statement like that without evidence? Cause outside of the Nerd and Board James personas, Rolf's pretty laid back and easy to get along with, to the point I'm not getting anything about James throwing tantrums.

Unless you actually ARE basing your stance entirely on the characters he plays, which honestly kind of scares me.

darthdenim

Jul 10, 2014
Nothing that causes this much pointless discord can possibly be a good thing.

A think somebody chose the form of the destroyer, and it was this film.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Dont know if anyon posted this allready:

http://i.imgur.com/LbUEcl8.jpg

Little collage of some of the backlash...

And some people on this board wonder aloud why i say the new movie is tainted by feminism... here.. look.. look with your special eyes!

Feminism in 2016: Condemning a man for suposedly hating women because he said: "Im not going to watch a half assed reboot of a beloved childhood movie, and im sick of these reboots"

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Karadalis said:

And some people on this board wonder aloud why i say the new movie is tainted by feminism... here.. look.. look with your special eyes!

Feminism in 2016: Condemning a man for suposedly hating women because he said: "Im not going to watch a half assed reboot of a beloved childhood movie, and im sick of these reboots"
Omg, the red text. And look! There's a tweet of a woman saying she cant wait for Ghostbusters. And another person saying they're going to see the movie!
WHEN WILL THE HATE END?!??!?

EDIT: Also tainting things with feminism is my new favourite thing to do. Sorry dude, you can't have some of this cake, it's tainted by feminism.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
darthdenim said:
How come absolutely nobody cared when ComicBookGirl19 said this? https://youtu.be/lQIuTGfPHvA?t=409

Hell, she's proposing an actual boycott of this movie. All James said is that he personally doesn't want to see it. He didn't even tell anybody else not to.

I think its cause she's nowhere as big as AVGN. Only way I know of her is from that NSP video and those Grumpcade episodes.

Breakdown

Oxy Moron
Sep 5, 2014
down a well
Country
Northumbria
Phasmal said:
Karadalis said:

Omg, the red text. And look! There's a tweet of a woman saying she cant wait for Ghostbusters. And another person saying they're going to see the movie!
WHEN WILL THE HATE END?!??!?

EDIT: Also tainting things with feminism is my new favourite thing to do. Sorry dude, you can't have some of this cake, it's tainted by feminism.
Nobody would want that cake though, because it would be the bitterest cake in the world.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Breakdown said:
Phasmal said:
Nobody would want that cake though, because it would be the bitterest cake in the world.
Excuse you, son. My cakes are freaking awesome. You can't even taste the feminism... until it's too late. By then you're already seeing men and women as equal, and queueing up for the new Ghostbusters movie while drinking male tears from a sippy cup.

[small]Do I have to point out I'm having a laugh? I really hope not. But you never know.[/small]

This comment brought to you by Tainted Feminism(TM)

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Phasmal said:
Breakdown said:
Phasmal said:
Excuse you, son. My cakes are freaking awesome. You can't even taste the feminism... until it's too late. By then you're already seeing men and women as equal, and queueing up for the new Ghostbusters movie while drinking male tears from a sippy cup.

[small]Do I have to point out I'm having a laugh? I really hope not. But you never know.[/small]

Question: What do the cakes taste like?

P-89 Scorpion

Sep 25, 2014
https://medium.com/@RachelBanks/misogynistic-mra-bob-chipman-cries-male-tears-over-all-female-ghostbusters-94f07f0870f6#.6ggug7sd1

At least MovieBob saved the day lol.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Phasmal said:
Breakdown said:
Phasmal said:

Question: What do the cakes taste like?
I'm a varied cake feminist. I can make all kinds. My most recent creation was a Blueberry Lemon Drizzle cake. It came out lovely, though the recipe was a bit different than the standard Lemon Drizzle I usually make. The trick with the feminism is to whisper about equality and then gently fold those whispers into the batter. ;)

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
P-89 Scorpion said:
https://medium.com/@RachelBanks/misogynistic-mra-bob-chipman-cries-male-tears-over-all-female-ghostbusters-94f07f0870f6#.6ggug7sd1

At least MovieBob saved the day lol.
Oh God, the irony is hilarious. I lost it.