Sooooo... whatcha playing?

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 3 on the PC. I swear the Onion Knight better be worth all this grinding. I'm also playing Guild Wars 2. It's my way of turning off my brain in the evenings and relaxing.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Still havent finished GTA V's story mode on PC so i'm playing that whenever i have some spare time, other than that there only Wolfenstein: Old Blood, It feels pretty dry compared to New Order, but i expected a lot worse so i'm pleased with it so far, and the difficulty seems to have gone up, i almost gave up without a fight after defeating an army of soldiers and a soldier mech a giant robot dog came running towards me.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
Been playing a bunch of Elite:Dangerous, but after doing a 1 week long exploration trip (5 hours ish a day) just to crash into a sun 40 jumps from home, and then getting shot down with 2 mill worth of cargo after that I just lost the spark a little.

Other than that I've been playing through GTA5 singleplayer and dipped my toes into Dota2 with a friend.
Also trying to make my mind up if Guild wars 2 is worth getting back into or not after playing a few hours yesterday.

Arshaq13

Jun 9, 2012
I bought WWE 2K15 thinking it couldn't possibly be as bad as people say it is on the pc. And besides, the last WWE game I bought was Here Comes The Pain and that was easily one of the best PS2 games ever made.

I couldn't be more wrong. It's awfully boring and mycareer is pretty bad.

Plan to buy Wolfenstein in a couple of days, so I'm currently playing Football Manager 2015 to pass the time.
For some reason, I don't have the will to do a 2nd bloodborne playthrough.

william1657

Scout
Mar 12, 2015
I'm playing Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 for the first time, and I am incredibly disappointed.

It is not as good as either of its predecessors.
The levels are smaller and very generic. Now the Story Missions and Optional Missions are impossible to tell apart.
The Skill and Part earning systems were removed and replaced with just buying Skills and Parts.

But what annoys me the most is that they replaced Suit Levels with a Suit Plan earning system that means after each battle you have to go through and compare each plan to your existing Suit Plans and discard one Plan for each of the ~10 plans you earn each battle.

Am not enjoying. Get Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 instead, it is a much better game.

thoughtwrangler

Sep 29, 2014
I've been playing a lot of Etrian Odyssey Untold. It's a lot of fun to explore, draw maps, and even to fight monsters. Which is weird, because I usually hate grinding with a passion. But I'll do it in this game no problem.

The only thing I have trouble with is deciding whether to use the old music or the remaster. They both sound great (I'm not sure Yuzo Koshiro could make a bad soundtrack if he tried,) but in vastly different ways.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I've got a handful of titles on my 3DS that have taken a good deal of my attention for the last few weeks (notably Pokemon Omega Ruby, Mario Kart 7, and Pokemon Shuffle).

I've also recently downloaded the latest update for Skullgirls: Encore for the PS3 and I'm having fun trying out Beowulf.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
At the moment? Luigi's Mansion 2 and Wario Land 4. (Yep, I'm on a bit of a handheld binge right now)

It feels great to pick them up again; They're such good games. I know some people don't like the mission-based gameplay in Luigi's Mansion 2, (And I agree that it eases on the atmosphere a bit) but holy hell do I love exploring the mansions and finding all the gems. There's not really much of a reward for finding them all, but for a semi-completionist like me, the exploration aspects and the fact that the game does reward you for it...It felt so good to find all the gems in Old Clockworks without any help of a guide. And the atmosphere is great, the music is eerie and mood-setting, the gameplay is fun and it's a bit more challenging than one might expect. Especially if you're trying to go for 100%.

Also, Polterpup is the cutest little ghost ever. God, do I love the little guy.

As for Wario Land 4, it has aged very well in my eyes (Some of you might know that; I made a thread about it a few months ago) and is really engaging and fun. Except for Fiery Cavern. Fuck that level.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well for the PC I'm consistently playing FFXIV and World of Tanks.

Though with world of tanks I currently only play about 10 matches a day because after that my win rate tends to go down and my blood pressure goes up. On FFXIV I'm currently trying to get my bard to Lvl. 50 and my Dragoon through Second and Final Coil of Bahamut. I'm also trying raising the item lvl. on my Paladin. And since the weekly just reset that were I'll be most of today.

Occasionally, I'll play a little bit of the singles player campaigns from the COD games I have (MW1, WaW, and BLOPS II) and when I want something with a slower pace I'll play some Metal Gear Solid V.

Jaggededge11

May 8, 2013
A friend and I have made a list of games we wish to play through, and every time we want to find out what to play we put the list on Random.org and choose from the top 5.

Currently, we are on Tales of Symphonia (Which is still as amazing to play as ever). As for myself, I'm slowly making my way (Emphasis on slowly) through Prof. Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Mass Effect trilogy. A year after the whole ME3 ending thing happened, I still hadn't played any ME game. So I promised to go through all the games like outraged fans had done to get some perspective before giving my opinion. Constrains in time slowed my progress, but at the end I finally finished. The verdict: arguable the best 60 hours of gaming experience I ever had, followed by 45 minutes of the most disappointing pay off I ever had in a game.

I'm in my second full playthrough right now (playing as a Vangard in hardcore mode is really fun in ME3).

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Steam is installing GTA V. It's been downloading for the last hour or so and is only at 4%. Waited years though (don't own consoles) so a day or two more (if it takes that long), isn't going to bother me.

I even went out and bought a wired Xbox One controller to use for the driving.

Going to be awesome.

Aug 1, 2010
Vancleef said:
Fat_Hippo said:
Vancleef said:
I'm currently playing Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for the first time, wasn't sure at first, but I'm really digging it so far. Playing as a badass vampire with blood magic is awesome (tremere).
Ahh man, such a fantastic game. How far are you? Are you using the unofficial patch?

I really need to play it myself again some time. I've probably finished it 3 or 4 times, but it's always good.

Also, a small (intentionally vague) tip: trust no one. They're (almost) all dicks. Just something to keep in mind.

I've just gotten to Downtown and done some side quests so not that far, I think. And yeah, using the unofficial patch was strongly suggested by the steam-reviews so I'm running that. I also downloaded an improved eyes mod, cause why not.

This seems like a game made for multiple playthroughs. Malkavian and Nosferatu look like they could be very interesting to play. The first for the supposed insane dialogue and the latter for the forced stealth and removed social aspect due to looking hideous.

And I'll keep that tip in mind :)
One more cheer for Team VTM:B

And yes, multiple playthroughs is great. Malkavian is generally the favorite, but it's sort of the loony toons version of the normal game.

Also, as the other guy said, Ventrue is neat since LaCroix, rather than shitting on you when you meet, is like "Hey, you're a super classy bastard too! Have free stuff".

Although to be honest, Tremere was one of my favorite playthroughs since Maximillian Strauss is a total bro.

But yeah, have fun, it's a great experience.
[sub/]don't open it[/sub]

OT:
Just picked up Metal Gear Rising: Revengence.

When my ninja cyborg showed up in a Mariachi costume, leading the robo-dog I had defeated a half hour prior, I knew I was in love.

As a bonus, I've never played any Metal Gear game, so it made the lunacy that much more perfect.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I will die playing videogames at some point...
Right now I playing Torchlight 2. Good game, better than Diablo 3 in my opinion, which this is sad if you think about it....

BraveSirRobin

Mar 17, 2010
Just finished Bloodborne and Axiom Verge yesterday. Both were pretty good with some definite flaws. Other than that I've spent the last 3 months or so jumping between playing Path of Exile, Monster Hunter, and Hyrule Warriors. For Path of Exile I've been doing all the temp leagues which are decently fun. With Monster Hunter I've finally worked my way up to the end of G rank to get ready to fight Gogmazios which was quite the journey. Finally with Hyrule Warriors I've been playing the DLC adventure maps which are surprisingly fun.