Sooooo... whatcha playing?

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Had bought a PS4 shortly before 3 months of no internet. Was playing Bloodborne, Infamous: second son (Got it for 4$ and was amazed. Hated the original). Burnt out on Dark Souls 2 update after a few hours of playing, I had beaten it twice on PS3 already.

But I got internet yesterday and grabbed the computer, played League of Legends like crazy, remembered why I was bored of it and now I'm stuck in gamer limbo... Might buy that War for the Overworld since I loved the Dungeon Keeper series, or play the new class on Tera, or get subscription time for Elder Scrolls Online (I think I stopped after 3 weeks for a reason though..).

Feb 26, 2014
Dragon Age: Inquisition on Nightmare. I've heard horror stories, but the tutorial wasn't that bad. Beat the Pride Demon on the first try. After that, though, holy shit is this game horrible. I got through so many battles by the skin of my teeth. Tank? Down. Mages? Down. Hell if those damn mages know how to use Barrier. Constantly being wasted on either themselves, the selfish pricks, or not activating at all. And hell if they can take commands.

Inquisitor: "Solas, Vivienne, stay here. Okay?"
Solas/Vivienne: "Yeah, sure totally."
*Inquisitor get's into position on higher ground*
Solas: "He told us to move to the front line next to Blackwall, right?"
Vivienne: "That's what I heard"
Dead

I'm just glad I have dispel now. I'll try to close a Fade Rift without it, but if I'm banging my head against it too much then out with teh Magicks! It definitely helped against those Ice Mine dropping asshats.

SoreWristed

Dec 26, 2014
I've been getting completely lost in Elite : Dangerous. A game about space trucking has been my ultimate fantasy, without even knowing it was my ultimate fantasy. One of my favourite things to do is get 10,000 Ly out of inhabited space and get my name plastered all over some stars and planets. The thrill of discovery added with a very accurate scientific approach to space. I often find myself just staring at the map to find out what the atmosphere of the planet I just scanned is made up of and how much the surface pressure is. It's a total dad game, like train simulator.... in space.... with pirates... In space! Spaaaaace!

When I tear myself away from that for long enough to do anything else, I'm still enjoying my slow playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles. It has just the right atmosphere and just the right amount of grind to keep me interested in playing for as long as it's gonna take to finish it.

Metailurus

Roar
Apr 2, 2015
SWTOR (12x story XP for subscribers!), Galactic Civilisations 3, 7 days to die and Take on Mars

Circling the uninstall drain: Sims 4, Mechwarrior Online, Elite Dangerous

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Going through Skyrim again for the fourth time.

Although this time, instead of playing as a character that specializes in "running up and hitting things" (as Yahtzee says) and some spells on the side, I'm playing as a stealth based character with minimal magic and mad bow skills.

That makes it almost a completely new game (except for those damned Draugr)!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'm returning to Rollercoaster Tycoon for a bit, thank you very much! I love it a great deal; from its art to its music, from its sound effects to its scenery.

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Been going through a bunch of games lately. Currently I'm finishing the Mass Effect Trilogy and then I'm gonna finish off POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost. Then I'm gonna do a playthrough Fallout New Vegas and kill time with Just Cause 2

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
1) Marvel Puzzle Quest (MPQ)
This has been my main gaming experience for nearly a year and a half now. It's my Diablo 2 or 3 style zen game where I've dumped literally thousands of hours into it while watching webshows, movies, tv series, listening to music and audiobooks. I'm clearly addicted to this game despite it's use of so many horrible free to play practices (timers upon timers and pay to win elements clearly present).

2) Hearthstone
My backup free to play experience since it's beta release. I've long since treated this game as a casual experience though. Often playing for 2-4 hours a week logging in about 3 days a week with the objective being to bulk up daily quests and complete them for maximum gold through minimal effort. I'd love to give this game more attention but it lacks enough modes and features to warrant hardcore play in my opinion.

3) Batman Akhram Origins
Picked this up as part of a bundle sale sometime last year I believe. Finally got around to starting it. I'm only about an hour in and I enjoy what I've played so far but it's rare I find time to play the 3rd game on my list since MPQ eats up the bulk of my gaming time by choice. I simply prefer games these days that don't require your full attention to enjoy.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Just bought a Wii U and Windwaker HD so I just started playing that. It's essentially a first playthrough for me. I borrowed it a long time ago from a friend but I only got about half way through (I think) when I had to give it back.

Slowly trudging my way through Bloodborne. Currently stuck on the Unseen Village (Those bell maidens... those MOTHERFUCKING bell maidens!) I was playing it through with a friend but he ended up getting lucky and killed an invader worth something like 2 million blood echoes (How?!) and he decided to power level his character and rush through the game.

Playing through the DLC on Borderlands 2 on PS4. Might start a playthrough on true vault hunter mode but also might move on to the pre sequel. Don't know yet.

Last but not least, playing a ton of Killing Floor 2 when I have the chance.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
I'm currently playing Xenosaga Episode II (insert german subtitle) and Super Robot Wars Z3: Tengoku-hen.
I'm also playing Smash Bros. (Wii U) with my partner on and off.
I try to limit the amount of games I play because my attention span can be pretty low. I try to play only two or three games at a time.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
CURRENT:
-Super Metroid Redesign: AXEIL EDITION
I beat the original Redesign hack years and years ago; so I'm morbidly curious to see what was changed in the biggest damn SM hack ever.

NEXT:
*Gat Out of Hell (co-op)
Saints Row 3 & 4 were a blast. Why the hell not?

BACKLOG:
1) Civilization 5
Finally remembered that I owned Civ V (came with some promo or something; I think it came with X-COM: Enemy Unknown)
I...probably should have gotten around to checking this out sooner.

2) Wolfenstein: The New Order
Received as a graduation gift out of the blue.
I'll see if this is actually the Legitimately Good AAA Game I hear it is, or if it's just another hype-blister to be popped.

3) Divinity: Dragon Commander
Yeah...I had weird issues with that game on launch, that have apparently been fixed since.
I finished a co-op playthrough of Original Sin not terribly long ago and largely enjoyed it.

UNRELEASED (On me radar):
+Terraria: Otherworld
It's Terraria, kinda, for people that think sandbox games are utterly devoid of purpose

+SPAZ 2 (Space Pirates And Zombies 2)
SPAZ 1 was a quaint little gem of silly space combat, lacking a bit in polish but making up for it in charm.
SPAZ 2 looks like it's addressing that, though in slightly different ways.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Mostly Evolve (thoroughly enjoying it still), some MKX (online finally kinda sorta sometimes works [PC sadness]) and just finished GTA, planning on replaying the story and getting into online soon, had a great time with it, though I feel the world could be bigger. Being the the same area San Andreas was in, I can't help but wish there were 3 other huge areas out there, rather than just one big, fairly underwhelming desert (that was kinda there in SA anyway).

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
I've got a lot of free time since I'm between spring and summer semester, so...

Mortal Kombat X and Killer Instinct: Just got an XBone, so playing some catch-up, but I'm surprised to say I actually like KI a lot more. MKX has simply gotten TOO fast, it's nuts. With most of the characters you basically have .005 nanoseconds to punish them for botching a special attack or combo. I'm a pretty casual fight fan and it's just too much, but I'm still enjoying the heck out of it. KI on the other hand (in addition to looking way better than I expected) has some of the best fight mechanics I've ever seen that really separate it from the pack.

Ori and the Blind Forest: This game is beautiful, there really aren't too many other adjectives I can think of for it. I'm a sucker for really well-done 'Metroidvania' type of games, and this game delivers. It can be frustratingly difficult at times, but it's worth it.

(Hilariously) Lord of the Rings, Battle for Middle Earth: Playing through "Shadow of Mordor" rekindled my love for LOTR, and now I'm replaying through the surprisingly good movie tie-in RTS game that came out way back in like 2004. It's showing some signs of age but still a solid game. The age of the Orc is at hand...

I'm patiently waiting for the next update for "Grim Dawn" to come out, and I really want to start on "Endless Legend". Also tooling around with Crysis 3 and War for the Overworld.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I've been playing a lot of Battlefield 4 recently, and I just renewed my World of Warcraft subscription for another month. Im pretty happy with what I am playing, though I do have an ever growing backlog of games to get through at some point.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Lots of FF14 and Dota 2, with the odd bouts of Smash 4 mixed in when friends come over. In FF14 my free company's been clearing Final Coil consistently for a while now, and we're starting to get to the point where the only gear we can get is for alts.

Dota 2 is... an experience [https://scotth266.wordpress.com/2015/05/03/belayed-new-years-resolution-i-will-not-uninstall-dota-2/]. Two weeks later and I understand a lot more about the game[footnote]I find my biggest stumbling block was not realizing how item-focused the game is - knowing what to build and when to build it can win entire games.[/footnote] but the biggest problem I have with the game (the back-alley gang that is Dota's "community") remains a constant issue. Perhaps it's because I haven't unlocked ranked yet, but my games are constantly filled with leavers, and in general players have a huge "surrender monkey" attitude that reminds me of pre-Tribunal League (where making the slightest error or losing a single fight would have someone start crying GG in fountain). Also, the game's interface feels amazingly primitive at times - for example, I have yet to find a way to swiftly swap between cast, autocast, and quickcast on abilities - a feature that's been in League for a while now. The interface is also somewhat unintuitive, though I love the way you can sync player guides with the game to get in-game tips about items and abilities.

ChaoGuy2006

Sep 6, 2014
Something I am embarrassed to admit to liking is Puzzle and Dragons Z.

It ticks all the boxes to keep you playing (little victories, decent puzzles, etc).

But it is gaming junk-food. Need to sink my teeth into something meatier to cleanse the pallet.

LauriAJ

Apr 18, 2015
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed has been my game of choice for the past few days. So addicting.