South Park RPG Class List Includes the Jew

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
viranimus said:
Valanthe said:
Fox is gonna have a field day with this, and it will be GLORIOUS.
No, Fox wont touch this. Then MSNBC will go apeshit over this and point out how hypocritical Fox is they see the jew class and DONT rail on it like they would rant and rail on an offensive video game that is anything less than favorable to either christianity or conservative views like intolerance toward homosexuality.

Most likely a double dip from Ed Schultz and Rachel Maddow me thinks.
Fair enough. point still stands though, it should be good for some laughs. Let's face it, we all know that they named the class Jew for the express purpose of pissing someone off enough to get them free advertising.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Valanthe said:
viranimus said:
Valanthe said:
No, Fox wont touch this. Then MSNBC will go apeshit over this and point out how hypocritical Fox is they see the jew class and DONT rail on it like they would rant and rail on an offensive video game that is anything less than favorable to either christianity or conservative views like intolerance toward homosexuality.

Fair enough. point still stands though, it should be good for some laughs. Let's face it, we all know that they named the class Jew for the express purpose of pissing someone off enough to get them free advertising.
No! They had an episode in which the entire gang dressed up as D&D characters and played a quest like the one in Lord of the Rings! Then Kyle, the Jew of the gang, said his class was a Paladin, but Cartman, the asshole fatass called him a Jew and said that Jews can't be Paladins.
It's a joke referring to the show!

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Plazmatic said:
-Dragmire- said:
I love the concept and the fact they're not doing it in 3D.(I know they use 3D programs to make the show)

If they can maintain the visual style and humor of the show, it might actually be good!
actually they DON'T use 3D programs to make the show, When I saw their studio, it looked like they used Flash, or something VERY similar. The 3 dimensional aspects seen in the show are from either external flash plugins, or cropped clips imported over other things in the scene.
Kind of a mix

When the show began using computers, the cardboard cutouts were scanned and re-drawn with CorelDRAW, then imported into PowerAnimator, which was used with SGI workstations to animate the characters. The workstations were linked to a 54-processor render farm that could render 10 to 15 shots an hour. Beginning with season five, the animators began using Maya instead of PowerAnimator. The studio now runs a 120-processor render farm that can produce 30 or more shots an hour.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Plazmatic said:
actually they DON'T use 3D programs to make the show, When I saw their studio, it looked like they used Flash, or something VERY similar.
Actually, they use Maya, which is a 3d program. They've talked about it a couple of times. They might use Flash too though, I dunno.

Anyway, I'm still really excited for this game. I love South Park and I love Obsidian, so they seem like a great match.

rees263

The Lone Wanderer
Jun 4, 2009
I love the idea that the kids are all just roleplaying within the game. Just like

The cynic in me says TV tie-in game, probably crap. But I love South Park so I want it to be good.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
TheIronRuler said:
Valanthe said:
viranimus said:
Valanthe said:

No! They had an episode in which the entire gang dressed up as D&D characters and played a quest like the one in Lord of the Rings! Then Kyle, the Jew of the gang, said his class was a Paladin, but Cartman, the asshole fatass called him a Jew and said that Jews can't be Paladins.
It's a joke referring to the show!
I am actually aware of where the reference came from, I've watched more than enough of the show that I won't be surprised if one of the raid bosses is "That Which Has No Life" and can only be defeated by a player wielding the "Sword of a Thousand Truths." My orignal post was a reference to the fact that Parker and Stone aren't afraid to skewer "hot button" topics for laughs and ratings.

On that note however, a few predictions:

There will be a quest/mob involving Pink Eye zombies and worchestershire sauce
We will Kenny, us bastards.
We will also kill Hippies and Scientologists

Anything else, or should I just stop while I'm ahead?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Greg Tito said:
The combat sounds like it will be a combination of Paper Mario and Final Fantasy VII. It will be turned-based but you'll definitely get chances to react to attacks with a timed button press. But the whole gimmick of the game is that all the kids are pretending they are casting spells and bashing each other with maces, but they are actually doing real life things like throwing something on fire pretending it's a magic missile.
It sounds like Costume Quest. But I loved that game. And I love Obsidian. And I...well I don't dislike South Park. Haven't watched it in ages though.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I just hope ManBearPig is a summon. When I saw him on the cover I was like, "Yes."

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well you would expect them to make humorous classes all around but this just stinks of accountant humor, you know the one where noone laughs... ever.

Capt. Crankypants

Jan 6, 2010
Oh this is bullshit. Look at all the Jewish-jokes flying around here, but I make one joking reference to 'beige' being 'Jewish racing gold' in a thread and I receive a mod warning. What the hell?!

Whatever. But, a Southpark game? Might be all right, as long as they don't censor the shit Matt and Trey are allowed to come up with. And anyone who doesn't get the whole Jew-class thing needs to watch more Southpark, specifically the LOTR episode.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Greg Tito said:
The list of available classes is Fighter, Mage, Thief, Cleric and ... Jew.
Wait a minute....Thief and Jew? Isn't that just redundant?

I am so, so sorry. I couldn't stop myself.

On topic, the way they describe the class makes it sound like a MOSSAD agent. If Cartman is making the game, why would he use the basis of the ultimate badass Israeli for his stereotype?
You goddamn joke ninja! We're both going to Jewish Hell aren't we?
OT: Did anyone expect different? Its South Park! If its not morally dead then whats the point?!

CAPTCHA: Polfice Recorded

Take out the 'f' and I would be very, very worried.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
If Jews get offended at SouthPark, then they should stop being so fucking Jewish.

Seriously, every single race or religion can find something to be offended about if they look hard enough I'm offended by the way stupid people are depicted in cartoons, because I'm stupid. Everything is fair game, everything from your religion, your skin colour, and any diseases you might have. Accept it, laugh at it, because people need to stop taking this crap so seriously. There is more offensive material in Family Guy and the Simpsons than in South Park IMO, because South Park has always had the same attitude, you know what to expect - nobody has a right to be shocked at what they see in South Park.

Personally I can see me choosing the Jew class, sounds like a pretty good idea to have the power based on health, I'm intruiged.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
teebeeohh said:
FUCK
this just killed the game for me since in the german version the Jew class will be immortal and one-hit everything, thanks guys.
Love it mate! Nice one!

Unfortunately I cannot take the micky out Jew myself, as I do not have any Jewish friends! They are not very common in the UK! :S