Sovngarde Song

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sovngarde Song

Your comments on "Sovngarde Song"'s electric guitars, fus ro dah, and sexism.

Read Full Article

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
I was just wondering how different it is to be presumably working for the escapist rather than yourself, do you get deadlines or do you get to work at your own pace?

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
If MiracleofSounds feels this song shouldn't be changed then he has no business singing next to the goddess Malukah. you don't leave yourself room for improvement with an attitude like that. Heck I even offered to improve this song. And the more you respond in such a negative way to any suggestions I give you makes me question whether or not you want to be successful in this line of work. I'm not surprised your songs only have gotten 30,000 views.
This comment fills me with rage. It's like she thinks she knows your own song better than you do or something.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Your comments on "Sovngarde Song"'s electric guitars, fus ro dah, and sexism.
I like that attitude of yours Mr. Soundwave.
We - people with small or no talent whatsoever - want our artists and celebrities to deliver quality sh*t, yet we want them to do it on our terms. Deliver, but be like us !

It reminds me an old saying (loose translation) :

"Critic and eunuch are very alike
they both can't do it, but they know - oh so well - how."

Keep up the good work !

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Fast forward to December 2012...
When the fuck did you get a time machine?

OT: I really liked the Sovngarde song and found it completely fitting of what you were trying to do, sort of re-create some Viking Metal from whom the Nords were based upon. I found it seriously awesome. Very glad there wasn't a single meme too.

Also, the pattern of Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus-Middle-Chorus is used pretty much everywhere. So many pop songs, rock songs, rap songs and even some club anthems use it. I bet I could find some Carol-Anne Duffy poems that could use it. Don't think it should be used as a critique, but should be praised when someone moves away from said formula.

Calumon: Isn't it uncomfortable having a hard heart? :S

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
If MiracleofSounds feels this song shouldn't be changed then he has no business singing next to the goddess Malukah. you don't leave yourself room for improvement with an attitude like that. Heck I even offered to improve this song. And the more you respond in such a negative way to any suggestions I give you makes me question whether or not you want to be successful in this line of work. I'm not surprised your songs only have gotten 30,000 views.
This comment fills me with rage. It's like she thinks she knows your own song better than you do or something.
Youtube comments. I just... UGH!

I wouldn't have even given them the time of day but Gavin seems to have an ability to respond to the worst comments and destroy them. So continue doing that!

And if having you obsess about your music produces songs like these, please obsess more!

Well, don't if you're going to have legitimate health concerns. I do want to say I did hear the orchestration and I'm eager to hear what you're going to do with your software now that you've got the options to mess around!

Keep it up Gavin!

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Gavin, you pack some serious bite. ;)

Loved the Sovngarde track, and I'm quite pleasantly surprised you share my love for the Crysis 2 soundtrack.

AMAZED

Dec 6, 2010
Why oh why can't people just see that "he" (or in this case son) can just be a generic term not refering strictly to men, "children of the snow" would have sounded terrible and daughters wouldn't flow either. She's just one idiot tho, no big deal.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
No fus ro dah? i'm dissapointed

No and there's no arrows, knees, sweetrolls or cake either.
I actually assumed the deep growl round about the 3:40 mark on the short version was saying Fus Ro Dah, it made sense to me. What was that? Was it even a voice, or just a sound effect? My hearing is letting me down here.

AMAZED said:
Why oh why can't people just see that "he" (or in this case son) can just be a generic term not refering strictly to men, "children of the snow" would have sounded terrible and daughters wouldn't flow either. She's just one idiot tho, no big deal.
'Sons' fits better with the Nordic theme as well. I doubt there were many female vikings.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
"Fast forward to December 2012 and the obsessive behavior hit an all time high point"

When did you use my time machine to go to December 2012. Adults these days, using my things, why when I'm older...

Anyways. You defiantly deserve a pat on the back for making kick ass music and surviving through the seas of hate.

Keep on rocking and aim high. If you hit the big times one day, I think you'll bring some much needed fresh air to the current state of some genres.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Its always nice to see criticism being torn to shreds, well, the non constructive or insightful criticism.
Its also nice to see the 'Uploaders comments' on YouTube to seen even more misplaced arguments being trounced.

Great song, great guy, great game.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
This feature led me to the extended version of Sovngarde song...

WHY WAS THIS NOT IN MY LIFE BEFORE!!!

Boy oh boy, I thought the first one was brilliant.

(Captcha: General Sastlder. New video game character. I'm fucking calling it!)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
You'd be amazed how many people speak such self-imagined authority about the songs. That's the web for you!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Loved the Sovngarde track, and I'm quite pleasantly surprised you share my love for the Crysis 2 soundtrack.
You can't go wrong with Hanz Zimmer really :) It was an amazing soundtrack, but as much as I enjoyed the game I did find myself thinking the epic music was deserving of a better story.

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
jurnag12 said:
"Deconstruction by Devin Townsend"
*/cheers* More people oughta know about Townsend!
As this was mentioned with Nightwish's Imaginerum I am going to have to give this a listen.

I would like to thank you for the great music you keep giving us. Especially in this era of studio-processed, auto-tuned to death, lowest common denominator, TV told me to listen to it, music.
Now to listen to this longer version of the Sovengarde Song.

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
I thought Sovngarde Song was some of your best work, and I'ts awesome to hear how much work you put into it. People say video games are worthless, this alone is proof of how very wrong they are. On a side note, would SOPA and PIPA completely destroy your method of business?

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Sir Gavin is making *something* together with Malukah?
Can not wait to hear it.

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
What the hell did that say? Change your style?! Gav, you're a master of versatility, don't let anyone tell you different!
In regards to the song, do you even need me to tell you that I loved it? I haven't even played Skyrim yet (don't worry, I'll get round to it soon enough) and I knew that it fitted the game perfectly. I do see where some people are coming from on the guitar section though. I thought it was suitably brutal, but I think it's the location of Skyrim; the huge, open, blizzardy world with the mountains taking you high into the sky just evokes wind to me, and so some people may have wanted a purely orchestral piece which featured wind instruments at their core. Reasonable enough, but I for one thought you did an excellent job in capturing all aspects (except said dagger crafting) Skyrim beautifully, and in a game as huge as that, that's a pretty impressive task.