Space Janitors: Episode Two

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Aw, I wanted to be angry at the trooper dude for being so cocky, but he's so nice and stupid. I'd feel bad.
How can that... thing qualify as training, by the way? They're being sorted out even before Darby had any training at all.
Nice new episode! When I saw the first one, I was afraid you'd rely on the "rebels and troopers fighting, ignoring janitors"-joke too much, but it looks like I was wrong. :)

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Haha, blue milk reference. I like the scenes between Darby and the troopers, but the rest of the episode made me think "Sitcom in space" instead of the parody of sci-fi show the first ep implied. Over-all I'm looking forward to see the next one.

The look of this one reminded me of the cutscenes in the later Wing Commander games

Kurt Roscoe

Nov 7, 2011
Quite the improvement over the last episode, I nearly lost it when i realized L's milk malfunction was a direct homage to Ash's "malfunction" in Alien

The show shows major promise I look forward to more.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
flaviok79 said:
I can`t believ how well produced this is. Great episode. Looking foward for the next one.
You can thank the government of Ontario for that.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Wow. This was waaaaaaayyy better than the first episode. Frankly, bravo on bringing your A game. I thought the writing was good (the actual story arc was very clever use of pop-culture tropes) and the effects perfectly adequate; but the actors were exemplary in hitting the comic beats and defining their characters. Keep this up! I really look forward to the next episode now that I'm invested in the characters.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Finally! It's been years since the pilot. Was a good episode, lots of promise for the future still. Keep it up guys :D

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Fearzone said:
Deja Vu Stargate Universe.

Oh the pain.
Deja vu a lot of things: Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Firefly, Alien. The show constantly references other science fiction.

Vitagen

Apr 25, 2010
"That is a violation of your Turing oath" made me laugh way harder than it should have. Interesting idea, though, programmers taking an oath involving AIs similar to a doctor's Hippocratic oath.

Dammit, now I'm trapped in speculation on the social and moral ramifications of sapient artificial intelligence as a result have having watched a freaking comedy show. (It doesn't help that I just got done reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep)

Anyway, much, much better than the first episode. Given the premise and material at hand, I think you have the makings of something truly memorable here. Keep it up.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Better than episode one, but I still don't think I'm sold on it. The dialogue sounds better and not nearly as forced, and the material is somewhat improved from the pilot. Still, I found myself cringing at a couple of the scenes in this one. I'll keep an eye out for later episodes. Definitely a step in the right direction from episode one.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
I have only one complaint: green glows and light tinges on things are quite distracting at times. The green-screening could use some more work.

Dr. Sabato scenes, on the other hand, do not look green-screened at all. I wonder, if they were filmed on a real set.