Spider-man: No Way Home Trailer

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
I just wanted to post something humorous. If it happens it happens. If it does not, oh well. It's not the end of the world. Also, don't forget about puddle gate before Spider-Man on PS4 came out. That definitely didn't last long and a whole bunch of people made fun of the idiots that tried starting that.
For me I get frustrated at fan theories and the way Marvel markets their stuff, and how those two interact. Remember in Far From Home, the trailers and the movie openly said "multiverse multiverse multiverse" and then just said yeah no, none of that. Why would we think that's any different now with Strange refernecing the multiverse? And remember all the fan theories on WandaVision how this guy is mephisto, and that guy is Reed Richards and OMG its the Fox Xmen and Dr. Strange and Professor X are going to save the day, and on and on with increasingly fantastical theories and predictions.
And none of it was true, and everyone was left disappointed and even Marvel said no, there isn't nearly as much going on as the fans think there is.
The hype for No Way Home is starting to get there, with OMG there's Daredevil, and Andrew Garfield is in it, and Tobby Maguire and black Cat and maybe the Punisher and look at that scene, is that SpiderGwen?
And all its going to do is cause disappointment when Marvel pulls a Marvel and reveals no, there wasn't nearly as much going on as fans thought there would be, and the multiverse was basically just a trailer tease line.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I know this is schadenfreude, but Im going to feel so satisfied if Maguire and Garfield aren't in this. Everyone involved in production has said no, they're not in it, and Marvel fanatics just went "If we assume they're lying, OMG they're both in it!" Its the same logic that got us to pizzagate, just assume something is something else and boy howdy there's a lot of evidence.
That's a rumor going around? This trailer made me think; boy, it would be cool to see more of Garfield if they're going full on Multiverse with this.

omg the Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus, and Electro are coming back. as in the characters from the previous Spider-Man movies continuities. This is one of the most amazing fanservice moments I think I've ever seen.

I'm curious how they going to explain them being alive
Multiverse.

"They're just from a universe where they defeated Spider-Man", or, "They're from a universe where the time runs differently and they aren't dead yet in that universe".

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Why would we think that's any different now with Strange refernecing the multiverse?
...because the person referencing the multiverse this time isn't a villain known for lying, illusions, and trickery to get what he wants? And IS a guy who can actually tap into the multiverse? And his predecessor was well aware of the multiverse, and discussed it with The Hulk in End Game? And we've seen direct evidence in the trailer, that they are pulling elements from the other spidey franchises, not just someone talking about it? With no reason to think these are illusions?

I mean there are different levels of credulity and skepticism based on the evidence, source, and claim being presented.

Reactions: BrawlMan

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
...because the person referencing the multiverse this time isn't a villain known for lying, illusions, and trickery to get what he wants? And IS a guy who can actually tap into the multiverse? And his predecessor was well aware of the multiverse, and discussed it with The Hulk in End Game? And we've seen direct evidence in the trailer, that they are pulling elements from the other spidey franchises, not just someone talking about it? With no reason to think these are illusions?

I mean there are different levels of credulity and skepticism based on the evidence, source, and claim being presented.
But lets not forget Nick Fury/Skrull Guy also said the multiverse was real, and he's not a character known for lying.
Im just saying with Marvel's history of blatantly lying in their trailers, purposefully deceiving the audience and completely undoing shit, I would take this trailer and everything in it with an asteroid of salt.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
For me I get frustrated at fan theories and the way Marvel markets their stuff, and how those two interact. Remember in Far From Home, the trailers and the movie openly said "multiverse multiverse multiverse" and then just said yeah no, none of that. Why would we think that's any different now with Strange refernecing the multiverse? And remember all the fan theories on WandaVision how this guy is mephisto, and that guy is Reed Richards and OMG its the Fox Xmen and Dr. Strange and Professor X are going to save the day, and on and on with increasingly fantastical theories and predictions.
And none of it was true, and everyone was left disappointed and even Marvel said no, there isn't nearly as much going on as the fans think there is.
The hype for No Way Home is starting to get there, with OMG there's Daredevil, and Andrew Garfield is in it, and Tobby Maguire and black Cat and maybe the Punisher and look at that scene, is that SpiderGwen?
And all its going to do is cause disappointment when Marvel pulls a Marvel and reveals no, there wasn't nearly as much going on as fans thought there would be, and the multiverse was basically just a trailer tease line.
And it's their fault for buying into either the false hype, or constantly lying to themselves it'll be grander than what they expected. It's there fault for paying attention to a whole bunch of nobody's who clearly have no inside industry nor are they in the inner circle, they're just listening to a whole bunch of fan theories off of some random whack job. They have no one to blame for themselves. As for that previous Spider-Man movie, I didn't follow all the marketing for that one. I knew about some fan theories going around, but I didn't stay invested in the marketing for a reason. I saw two trailers in a fan theory from Double Toasted, but they were not making any promises. They said so themselves, and they weren't disappointed when they were proven wrong. They moved on with their freaking lives.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
But lets not forget Nick Fury/Skrull Guy also said the multiverse was real, and he's not a character known for lying.
That wasn't Nick Fury in that film. That was a Skrull guy improvising as best he could about stuff he had no knowledge about, a point he brings up in the after credit stinger. Also, the MASTER SPY is VERY much known for lying when it serves his purposes. Anyone recall the way he bloodied those baseball cards of Steve Rogers to guilt trip them into becoming the Avengers? Recall him pretending to be dead to avoid reprisals from Hyrdra? His job is intrinsically tied to lying, that's what spies do.

Also the fact that Mysterio lied about being from another planet, doesn't invalidate the reality of the multi-verse, that has already been established in several other films and tv shows up to this point, and we have visual evidence that the bleed over is happening, and it's being stated by someone with WAY more credibility than Mysterio. The fact that the plot of Far From Home, turned out to be a big con by a villain, famous for pulling big cons, doesn't make any of the information false. The only lie in that entire thing, was that Mysterio was from one of those other earths. Sure the trailers deceived you, but that was kind of the point of the plot. Mysterio had EVERYONE deceived.

I really don't understand why this is something you are so skeptical of, given the information provided so far.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I really don't understand why this is something you are so skeptical of, given the information provided so far.
Because he's part of the problem buying into the hype, and showing unnecessary concern for people who don't learn.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Because he's part of the problem buying into the hype, and showing unnecessary concern for people who don't learn.
I just think its very foolish to base hype and expectations off the idea of actors are openly lying about their involvement or lack there of. I mean Chris Evans has said he's not taking up the shield and being Captain America anymore, should we just assume he's lying and he has a cameo in Spiderman 3, solely on the fact he said he doesn't?
Its just a can of worms that really doesn't need to be opened.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I just think its very foolish to base hype and expectations off the idea of actors are openly lying about their involvement or lack there of. I mean Chris Evans has said he's not taking up the shield and being Captain America anymore, should we just assume he's lying and he has a cameo in Spiderman 3, solely on the fact he said he doesn't?
Its just a can of worms that really doesn't need to be opened.
Who the hell cares? Other than the really inept, gullible, foolish, and that ignorant. It's none of my concern, nor should you be stressing out over them. If they're that damn it idiotic to not learn from their mistakes, then they can keep right on doing the same thing over and over. No reasoning with people like them. So I suggest you get over it, and move on.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Nah, they can easily have a Spider-verse 2, as just because these events impacted 616, doesn't mean they actually impacted the multiverse on the OTHER side of things. I mean when Spider Gwen got pulled from her reality, everything else went on just fine where she was. So pulling people from elsewhere to 616, probably has very little effects on that side. Whereas 616 will be having significant problems. Plus, I mean it's not like comics don't reuse the same plots all the time. Multiverse is THE go-to plot device for whatever drug infused idea some writer comes up with. So it's a buffet of possible verse stories going forward.
I wasn't talking about a "lore" reason as to why this movie would affect Spider-verse 2. I think enough people love Miles and Gwen that they'd watch a sequel no matter what it was about, but having the MCU Spider-man do a multiverse thing really cuts down on the cool new shit Spider-verse can do. Having Maguire and Garfield's versions show up in Spider-verse would have blown peoples minds. Diminishing returns, or something like that.

Adam Jensen

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
OMG there's Daredevil
People are really stupid sometimes. You can see it clear as day that two cops are about to enter the interrogation room with Peter Parker, one of them wearing a white shirt and a tie. In the second scene, the same guy's hands can bee seen. It's not Daredevil, it's just a police detective.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I agree with TC, I dislike the Sorcerer Supreme causing multi-universe havoc trying to get a brownie point from Peter.

I hope the other Spidermans are in it. Otherwise, why is Ock saying hello Peter? He doesn't know this Spiderman though, I'm sure they can fix it for reasons. Think of Wandavision's Quick Silver and all the rumors it spawned.

Heh, Michael Keaton as Batman again in Flash Paradox? MCU may be beating DCU to it again.