Spooky experiences

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
KefkaCultist said:
JoesshittyOs said:
KefkaCultist said:
I hate this thread... You're all assholes for making me too scared to sleep. -_-

OT: I see shadow... things out of my peripheral vision a lot. I say things because they're usually not human sized, but like cat or dog sized which would make sense I guess since I've had both a cat and dog die in my house.

I''m totally getting chills right now too and it's freaking me out. I'm leaving this thread!

Edit1: Yep, not sleeping tonight. I hate you all lol.

Edit2: Is it weird to get random hardcore chills then get really emotional? Because I've suddenly started crying and I DON'T KNOW WHY...
You know what'll cheer you up?

Marble Hornets.
Actually it would lol. I can't wait for the third season. ^_^
Damn you... I once told my ex girlfriend to look up marble hornets when she was scared. I think that was around the time our relationship ended.

Oh, and speaking of spooky experiences, there's a god damn pack of Javelina outside my house, and one walked by the window at night. Fucking bastards.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Don't know why people find these threads scary. I find them fun! :D Of course, I was one of those people who was decidedly unimpressed with the scariness of Amnesia, so it might be just me...

OT: Nothing major has ever happened to me (yet...). I used to see people out of the corner of my eye who were not really there. Some weird stuff has happened to my mom though...

The one that sticks in my mind was a story she told me a while back. One night she was at home, watching TV with my grandparents. Suddenly, she gets a call from her friend. Her friend goes on to claim that she is a demon, and is going to kill her (or something to that effect). There is no background noise in the call, just the sound of her friends voice. She then calls her friend to find out what the call was about. The friend denies any involvement, and, it turns out, is having a party at her house. There is not a quiet room in the house to make a call from...

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
I dislike how everyone on the escapist turns into a master story teller on threads like this. Regardless, I really don't have a story for this topic. The closest thing I have is that my old buzz lightyear poster (I was 4) always looked at me no matter what part of the room I was in unless there was someone else in the room with me.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
BreakfastMan said:
Don't know why people find these threads scary. I find them fun! :D Of course, I was one of those people who was decidedly unimpressed with the scariness of Amnesia, so it might be just me...

OT: Nothing major has ever happened to me (yet...). I used to see people out of the corner of my eye who were not really there. Some weird stuff has happened to my mom though...

The one that sticks in my mind was a story she told me a while back. One night she was at home, watching TV with my grandparents. Suddenly, she gets a call from her friend. Her friend goes on to claim that she is a demon, and is going to kill her (or something to that effect). There is no background noise in the call, just the sound of her friends voice. She then calls her friend to find out what the call was about. The friend denies any involvement, and, it turns out, is having a party at her house. There is not a quiet room in the house to make a call from...
...Did she died?

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
IamShmgeggy said:
Except for when a buddy of mine and I went and explored some abandoned Indian schools and housing. I believe we actually encountered a Ghoul. It was tall, lanky, had greyish skin and seemed to glow a little bit. It chased us for a good hour, and broke open a door to an adjoining room that we were hiding in.
And now I want to go hunt down a Ghoul, like... with a knife.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
KefkaCultist said:
I hate this thread... You're all assholes for making me too scared to sleep. -_-

OT: I see shadow... things out of my peripheral vision a lot. I say things because they're usually not human sized, but like cat or dog sized which would make sense I guess since I've had both a cat and dog die in my house.

I''m totally getting chills right now too and it's freaking me out. I'm leaving this thread!

Edit1: Yep, not sleeping tonight. I hate you all lol.

Edit2: Is it weird to get random hardcore chills then get really emotional? Because I've suddenly started crying and I DON'T KNOW WHY...
ok go on cracked it explains it all
its not ghost just faulty pipes ok go to sleep

OT Nope none for me, Im so focused on what Im doing I never notice anything else

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
ruedyn said:
BreakfastMan said:

...Did she died?
Nope, she did not. Hoe else would I have heard the story? :p

Grathius22

Jul 6, 2010
I've always been a fan of urban/suburban exploration. The town I live in happens to have a great amount of places to explore since in the past ten years everyone has had economic hardships, including big businesses. This often leads to large factories, offices, and more to end up empty. There was one day in particular which was pretty interesting and provided me with nightmare fuel for a few months.

It was about two years ago that I started hearing rumors of the 'big abandoned place behind Maid - Rite*'. Different stories from different people, as with most myths and legends. However, they remained mostly the same. Some said it was a juvenile detention center where some kids killed themselves. Other people said it was an old government office building. I didn't let these stories sway me. I had my mind set on seeing this for myself. With a friend of mine, we equipped ourselves with two knives, two flashlights, and a camera** to take some pictures with.

There were a few ways to get in, some harder than others. A window in the back led to a platform with a long jump to the bottom, a halfway covered doorway to a storage room, and a pole to climb up and into the building. We took the doorway, which was hard to spot because half of it was covered in sheet metal which was bolted to the top and side, and the open part wasn't visible because it was on a downward stairway.

Once inside, only two or three feet of the room was illuminated by the daylight coming from the door and the rest was pitch black. We flipped on our flashlights and explored the first floor, which was technically the basement. This floor was mostly empty beside a crate or some wooden boards laying around. The only interesting room was a room that was blocked off from what looked like a huge metal door and some debris and wood. Beyond the blockage was something weird, it kind of looked like a brick oven in the middle of a office.

To the second floor we went, where the spooky things began. There was a huge bright white room which was obviously much different than the rest of the building. Holes in the walls and ceiling let in tons of light, too. There were a few meat hooks hanging from the walls, and a old piece of paper taped to the large metal sliding door that talked about the rules of the meat factory***. In the middle of the floor, along with a small drain was a dead bird. It looked like it was on fire at some point, and matches were surrounding the body so I figured it was some jerk teenagers messing around. However, the blood around the bird was fresh, so these teens would have had to been inside the building around the same times of us and we didn't see or hear anything up until this point.

We both heard the all familiar sound of the sliding door rolling closed. It was going slow so I figured it was the wind but we panicked anyway and rushed to the door to prop it open with a piece of wood that was laying nearby. This didn't bother us too much so we kept exploring, and continued on into some hallways which were oddly filled with dirt. As we walked down the halls, we heard footsteps above us and when those stopped, they continued except from around the corner. When we turned the corner, there was nothing except an electric box on the wall which had it's door swaying back and forth.

After walking through the halls, we eventually made it to the third floor, which had various windows that brought light in. We checked the place out a bit, and found a file cabinet that we looked through for a bit before giving up and going back downstairs. Back on the second floor, we noticed that one of the walls was actually a huge sliding door. We broke open the lock which was some twine around a nail in the wall, and then we walked through. I looked like a cafeteria that was long emptied of tables, chairs, and what have you. The only thing that really seemed out of place was the insane amount of wiring laying about in piles all over the place, the rusted shower - like rooms with drains on the floor, and the barbed wire wrapped around the four pillars in the room.

This is where my story heats up. The sliding door we thought was a wall? It had slammed closed, and remained stationary when we tried pushing it open. After a few more tries, it finally gave and shoved open. I could swear I saw some kind of animal running across our line of seat for a mere second. Suddenly becoming a scaredy - cat, I decided my friend and I leave. He agreed on the terms we check out this floor one more time. I went ahead and followed him around the dirt - path hallways, into the rooms, and to the freezer. The dead bird was gone, but the matches, feathers, and blood remained.

After this, we started down the stairs and left through the entrance we came in. With a duck, and a swift movement, I slid underneath the sheet metal covering half of the doorway. Midway through the slide I kid you not, I saw this thing staring back at me. It was still dark, so I couldn't make out many details besides it being on all fours, anywhere around three to five feet, and with these huge black eyes. It's head was so big that it looked like the thing had cut a watermelon in half and was wearing it on it's head.

I slid back under to get another look but nothing was there so I went outside and talked it over with my friend. He thought the whole adventure was a bit weird too but didn't believe me about what I saw. I'm not saying I know what I saw or even if it was real but it still baffles me to this day and has always bothered me.

If anyone has any idea what this thing might of been, I'd appreciate a Private Message. If it helps, I'm located in Ohio. Thanks.

*Maid - Rite is a local burger place.

**I didn't get any pictures that prove this, because I had only taken pictures of the building itself and when my adrenaline had been pumping from the door it's not like I thought about the camera.

***We found files that proved it was an old meat factory and not a government office building or a juvenile detention center.

GistoftheFist

Jan 6, 2012
The question I always have whenever I hear about someone exploring abandoned buildings like this one, is why doesn't anyone rob the building of copper or furnature. I mean hey, free file cabinet? :x

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
JoshTheREfan said:
Sandjube said:
I don't know how to add images or anything, so I guess I'll just talk about them instead, and maybe add a pic if someone tells me how, though googling "Shadow people" is pretty effective.

Basically, I've seen shadow people many times. I dismissed them as just a dream or something, even though it's happened a few times, but then someone linked me a picture of one, with an article, and...yeah. Seeing something that you thought you were imagining chronicled, drawn and written about is...worrying.
I refuse to look this up for fear of understanding exactly what a 'shadowperson' is, because I'm pretty sure I see these bastards frequently.
EDIT: F*ck! My goddamn curiosity. Now I'm going to be paranoid -.-
EDIT2:Damn it I picked the wrong day to overload on horror. Watching creepy films, (including don't be afraid of the dark which was pretty good) playing amnesia and browsing through creepy threads. Well time to pull an all nighter.
I was going to say "wise move" but since you went ahead and did it anyway (YOU SILLY PERSON) I guess not =P

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
tobi the good boy said:
IamShmgeggy said:
Except for when a buddy of mine and I went and explored some abandoned Indian schools and housing. I believe we actually encountered a Ghoul. It was tall, lanky, had greyish skin and seemed to glow a little bit. It chased us for a good hour, and broke open a door to an adjoining room that we were hiding in.
And now I want to go hunt down a Ghoul, like... with a knife.
Are you sure it wasn't you he saw? Been looking for more experiments have we? :')

OT: I haven't had any "Paranormal" experiences, being an "unbeliever" - Spooky...not really. There used to be a stretch of road on one of my old running routes that was pretty rural, went past a church and graveyard too. I usually ran it at night, because it's cooler and I sweat less - but hell if I didn't get that feeling of being watched. A good mile of the route had no light at all and passed mostly farm fields, so I guess it's just the mind fucking with you...Besides, try walking over Dartmoor at night, below 0c, during winter. That shit's scary!

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
Haven't had anything spooky happen to me personally. The only one was the night after my grandad died I had a dream where I was standing in his kitchen with my mum (we were staying in his house that night) and I saw his ghost on the pathway infront of the house. He then walked down to the house, through the front door and stood in the kitchen with us. Never scared me though. Mum said it was just his way of letting me know he was ok.

My mum thinks she's sensed her mother's spirit before. Just watching her while she was doing washing up.

A friend of mine's mother saw a ghost while on holiday. It just stayed in the corner of the room, never moving all night. It was only in the morning they found out that someone had killed themselves in that room.

Apparently the barn where I work is haunted. Which wouldn't surprise me seeing as it's over 500 years old. I also assume the woods behind my work are haunted as well as two little boys drowned in the pond there about 50 years ago.

Grathius22

Jul 6, 2010
GistoftheFist said:
The question I always have whenever I hear about someone exploring abandoned buildings like this one, is why doesn't anyone rob the building of copper or furnature. I mean hey, free file cabinet? :x
Stuff is gross, bro.

I don't want an old and rusty desk that doesn't even look good, or a file cabinet full of bugs.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
VoidWanderer said:
I've had a couple of minor ones and a major one.

I have had my house tell me, in Freddy Kruger's voice, to 'Shut up, boy!'.

I have seen a white figure at the door that I thought was a mate, but when it didn't trigger the motion security light or go past the window I was staring at.

The major one which screwed me up fairly well, I will tell you if people are interested.
I wanna know what happened! On the other hand, something creepy that happened to me had to be, when I was eating dinner at a friends house, a piece of food fell on my bare foot without me noticing and their dog who was under the table scared the bajeezus out of me when it licked the food off of my foot.

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Sandjube said:
-snipitty-
Well ya know what they say, curiosity killed the cat. Speaking of which I wonder if there are shadow animals. I swear I've seen my chihuahua scurry from the corner of my eye for nothing to be there. :S

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
GistoftheFist said:
Funny but creepy story for the 'taking things' angle. We actually did pilfer a few things from there, we found a few books that were old and were basically ledgers from the schools and hospital. More about those in a second

What really creeped us out was my buddy and i were dicking around lookin for something to take as a memento of that night, and we stumbled upon some ugly ass curtains that had been stapled to the wall in a bathroom. They were really ugly and old, and so my buddy and i ripped em down and took off with them and the books. I was carrying the books and he was carrying the curtains. When we got to the window that we had snuck in through, i had an overwhelming feeling of dread shoot up my spine, and it felt like something was slithering across my hands. So i chucked the ledgers into the adjoining office area and we jumped through the window (No glass in it where we exited) So we took the curtains and we put them in his trunk and decided to go ask his buddy who explored the same buildings as us if he had seen anything weird. So we pull up to Wal-mart afterwards and chat him up for a few minutes, and go back out to his car, and we get in, and it won't start. So we're sitting there and we hear a faint sound from the back seat. Then something thuds dully in his trunk. So we get out of the car, and as soon as he shuts the driver side door, the car alarm goes off. So we grabbed the curtains, and jogged the mile or so back to the area we got em from and dropped em off outside the building. So yeah, i don't take anything from abandoned/haunted places anymore

(On another Note) In that same area was a shack that had like doll parts in it, and miscellaneous bike parts in it, along with a mattress and a magazine that was from the 1930's. It was eerie in the room because it looked like whoever had been there was mentally ill. There was like weird writing and symbols on the walls and what looked like bloody metal under an old desk. We stayed the hell away from that building every time we went back to do more exploring. We were looking for a series of underground tunnels that connected all the buildings, some you couldn't get into unless you went through the tunnels. But the tunnels weren't safe because of some whacked out Satanists who were responsible for like 4 people getting hospitalized. We found the entrance but never went any further. Now i live too far away to do it anymore. It's a shame

May 5, 2010
My friends and I recently moved into a new house together. From time to time...Our toilet flushes itself. I figure it's one of two things: Either there's something weird with the plumbing, or we have a ghost who uses our toilet every now and then.

Either way, I think I'm OK with it.