Square Enix "Preparing" Final Fantasy Versus XIII Announcement

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wait wait wait. Aren't there already two FFXIII out there? Sorry to be such a misinformed dunce but how exactly does this new FFXIII fit in the series? Is it another sequel, a spin-off, a fighting game like Dissidia?

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wait wait wait. Aren't there already two FFXIII out there? Sorry to be such a misinformed dunce but how exactly does this new FFXIII fit in the series? Is it another sequel, a spin-off, a fighting game like Dissidia?
Versus XIII is a large expansive JRPG. Look up the gameplay trailer. Think of it like KH gameplay meets Final fantasy.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
CharrHearted said:
I'm getting annoyed because you're judging the game before it is even released. People judged Duke Nukem AFTER it was released, you shouldn't make judgement beforehand. That's my reason for getting angry.

To be honesty, Duke Nukem Forever wasn't the TOP NOTCH game of the century, but I found it enjoyable, isn't that what gaming is about? spending 40 bucks on a game to ENJOY it? Sure monies tight, but it's not the end of the world if it's not the greatest banana split you ever tasted, so long as it keeps you entertained.

I think Versus XIII is going to be great. And us fans are looking forward to versus-xiii, because we can accept the delays, we have patience unlike you.
It's a Final Fantasy game. There's not much they can change about it to make it different from other Final Fantasy games. Anyone with experience in Final Fantasy games can easily formulate an opinion about the game without playing it. If it's really changed enough for someone who didn't like other Final Fantasy games to like it, why the hell would it be called a Final Fantasy game?

And I think it's going to be shit. We both have opinions. The only difference between us is one of us gets upset when someone doesn't like what they like.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
kortin said:
It's a Final Fantasy game. There's not much they can change about it to make it different from other Final Fantasy games. Anyone with experience in Final Fantasy games can easily formulate an opinion about the game without playing it. If it's really changed enough for someone who didn't like other Final Fantasy games to like it, why the hell would it be called a Final Fantasy game?
Dissidia Final fantasy was a FINAL FANTASY game, look how different it was? A fast paced epic fighting game with a large and amazing storyline?

Not to mention FINAL FANTASY TACTICS was a strategy game that was pretty darn fun.

Versus XIII has Kingdom hearts styled combat, isn't that enough to sate you a little?

Most final fantasy games are different in terms of story and characters, some even in gameplay.

The same thing you said could be applied to Kingdom hearts.

Most of their games are the game, even more so in story but the combats different in some games, some are slower, some revolve around puzzles, cards, etc.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
CharrHearted said:
Flight said:
Quite honestly, I no longer care about this game. I wish they'd just cancel it and begin working on Kingdom Hearts III. It's a shame, because I really was interested in this game at first, but after so long a wait, my interest in it has completely waned.
Well why don't you sit your idiotic self obsessed ass down and think about others who are actually looking forward to versus XIII? Everything doesn't have to be made tailored to you, just like KH 3 won't be developed until versus xiii is done, so shut up, sit down and wait like a good whiny gamer.
I understand that you're looking forward to the game. However, you're being extremely rude, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to report you. Not caring about a game you happen to care about equals neither "whiny" nor "self-obsessed".

KeyMaster45 said:
The problem with Versus is that in the final stages of production Nomura looked at the game and decided he didn't like it's artistic direction. He then ordered that the game be rebuilt from the ground up with a new art style, and I mean everything. They basically shit-canned 85% of the work they'd done on the game up to that point and started over. That Square even allowed this kind of bullshit to occur when the game was so close to release is a testament to the financial predicament they find themselves in now.

That it's Nomura being tied up on Versus which has stalled the entire KH franchise, outside of the handheld games fans wish they'd just put on a fucking console, has only made it worse.
Oh, wow, is that actually true? If so, that's... pretty terrible, really. I hope it's not, but with some of the poor decisions Square has unfortunately been making lately, I can't honestly say I'd be too surprised.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
CharrHearted said:
Dissidia Final fantasy was a FINAL FANTASY game, look how different it was? A fast paced epic fighting game with a large and amazing storyline?

Not to mention FINAL FANTASY TACTICS was a strategy game that was pretty darn fun.

Versus XIII has Kingdom hearts styled combat, isn't that enough to sate you a little?

Most final fantasy games are different in terms of story and characters, some even in gameplay.

The same thing you said could be applied to Kingdom hearts.

Most of their games are the game, even more so in story but the combats different in some games, some are slower, some revolve around puzzles, cards, etc.
Dissidia was a terrible fighting game that no one really ever wanted or wanted to play.

Final Fantasy Tactics was just garbage in general, though that's entirely my bias as I utterly despise any and all Tactical RPGs.

I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fanboy. I just don't like how this fucking game took up all development time for the next title and, because of this shit game, we got all those terrible goddamn spinoff Kingdom Hearts games while we were waiting for the (hopefully) final game.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
kortin" post="7.405995.16922239 said:
Dissidia was a terrible fighting game that no one really ever wanted or wanted to play.

/quote]

Ok, now i know you're taking the piss! XD

Dissidia... terrible... whut?

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
They have really shot themselves in the foot on this thing... multiple times... and let the wound sit open for years.

There was a time this thing would've flown off shelves the instant it was released. Do people really still care now? I don't know whether to call it a myth or a running joke - neither is a good label for it. I almost want this thing to go down in flames just so S.E. realize that making trailers 7+ years ahead of release is a f*cking stupid idea. I imagine it will do terribly (outside of Japan anyway) unless the announcement is a release date very damn soon.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Flight said:
Oh, wow, is that actually true? If so, that's... pretty terrible, really. I hope it's not, but with some of the poor decisions Square has unfortunately been making lately, I can't honestly say I'd be too surprised.
I'm 95% sure that it's true. I read it in an article back when Versus 13 was delayed; it's been so long though that I've forgotten the website that article was on. I'm sure if Versus 13 crashes and burns all the dirty laundry will be aired in the ensuring blame game of failure. Until then I stand by that as fact.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Can ya'll wait until V13 comes out before you guys start saying it's the best or worst in the series?

Seriously, you've waited like 7 years. A few more months isn't the end of the world.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
CharrHearted said:
Charli said:
Please just be cancelled this thing looks so un-interesting to me. Bland cut out androgen characters once again fighting in leather belt costumes to instrumental J-Pop.

I just really hate their 3D character designs at the moment, they come from the uncanny valley of looking too flawless to be real. At least the anime-y ish character designs of yesteryear were so far removed from that, even if looking less realistic, you just kind of treated them the same way you treat cartoon characters.

If the combat style really is similar to Kingdom Hearts... then just make Kingdom Hearts 3, maybe END that mess of a story line so we can just leave it alone.
I love how you want it to be canceled because they look like bland cut out characters fighting in ridiculous costumes to J-pop... When KINGDOM HEARTS is essentially the same thing.

Take off your fanboy glasses and look out there to see there are people out there who are actually looking forward to versus xiii because they love the final fantasy game series and love the way Noctis and the other characters look. Not to mention how the world looks in terms of it's style of presentation. The world doesn't situate around you, you self obsessed KH fanboy.
It's bland cut out characters with disney characters and a much less heavy tone. Big difference.
And no I am not a mindless fanboy. And actually I love(d) the final fantasy series, what has come out of it in recent year is nothing short of bland and tasteless. Opinions we all have em.

And you just look like a fool jumping to random conclusions. Yes it does situate around me. My mummy told me.