Stalker 2 has... Draconian DRM.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
Out of intrest whats yours?
Mines 20gb, which is only mostly shit on the shitometer.
40gb which considering I buy at least 2 games a month and watch a tonne of youtube channels really isn't a lot. My youtube digest alone is about 200-400mb a day, plus downloading games from steam makes up the rest. Without the cap I would be streaming TV and radio too so I would probably easily hit 60-100gb a month.

As it is I'm stacking up games that are waiting to download. At the moment I'm waiting to download the following games that I've purchased: Painkiller (all), Darksiders, Dead space 2, Napoleon total war, Assassins creed 2, Fallout new vegas, Fear (all), The witcher 2, Empire total war, Civ 5, and others.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
THis sucks. I seriously don't understand why they want to do this. They just lead people into piracy, because many wont want to deal with that sort of shit.
And I don't understand those who say we don't have a right to complain, and if we don't want it we shouldn't buy it. If it doesn't sell and nobody says it's because the DRM is an issue you just know that the game companies just think that deep, nonlinear and chalenging FPS-Experiences for PC are the problem.

Adam Jensen said:
gyrobot said:
Still a sign of effectiveness, there are many ways to deal with piracy and this is one of them. The goal is to take out as many pirates as possible. Either directly or indirectly (as one of my friend learned when he pirated a DLC only to get an OS destroying virus.)
So you're saying that creating a game that no one want's to even bother pirating is a sign of effectiveness? Well why don't you mail that to developers. All these years they tried to make games that people like, and in return they have to deal with piracy. And the solution was always in front of them - make a lousy game.
Nice one. I didn't even know there was something like HAWX 2.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
You can't beat piracy, so why trouble yourself to make such a stupidly complex way of combating it.

Politi

Feb 28, 2010
BreakfastMan said:
TheBelgianGuy said:
Oh dear, yet another company tries to save their game from pirating. HOW DARE THEY WANT TO EARN MONEY?
Oh dear, yet another company that has decided that they are going to essentially stop me and others like me from playing their game. HOW DARE I WANT TO PLAY SINGLE PLAYER WITHOUT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT MY SPOTTY INTERNET CONNECTION?
EXACTLY

WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT, YOU AND I

Despite my position as a pirater of older games like Jedi Outcast and such, I don't disagree with anti-piracy measures. In fact, I think they're a good thing. But this DRM business seems a little... extreme and user unfriendly. Things like this are a huge hassle for people without reliable internet, which is a particular problem where I live. For example, needing to have an internet connection to play Steam games has made for some boring afternoons in the past.

It's like cavity searches. I understand why they have to happen, but man are they uncomfortable.