Stand-up Comedians

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
Favourites: Dara O Brien, Bill Bailey, Dillan Moran, Reg. D Hunter (If just for his amazing voice) Eddie Izzard and my number one hero, insipiration and love, Ross Noble!
As for dislikes, Lee Evans. He'd be a good kid's comedian with all his flailing, and he is physically impressive since he's a ragdoll, but he's just not funny to me, and he looks like a sweaty mouse. Chris Rock. I'll probably get flak for this but from what I've seen he does have some funny moments (His bit on when a white people can say the N word was quite hilarious) but then he just decends into woman bashing for ages and ages, seriously it was about 40 minutes of straight misogyny, so I suppose I don't like him because he's a comedian I'm uncomfortable to watch. Emo Phillips. Not sure if he's done anything in a while, and he's one of those comedians where his jokes are funny, but I just can't stand the comedian. Just the way he moves and talks just doesn't gel with me, I'll laugh at his routine if it was on the radio say, but not if I say it live.

i7omahawki

Mar 22, 2010
I'll be strict with myself and name only one.

Favourite at the moment: Louis CK, relatively new to his stuff but he puts so much emotion and a kind of sensitivity into his stuff that it makes it really relatable as well as hilarious.

Least favourite: Al Murray I'd go for, the man is everywhere and I've no idea why. The pub landlord 'character' is just dull, predictable, and I'm growing ever more concerned that Al Murray is the landlord's alter ego, not the other way around.

sluggyfreelancer

Apr 16, 2009
Lee Evans, Michael Macintyre (don't know how to spell that...), Dara O Brian, Frankie Boyle and more I don't know the names of...

Apr 15, 2011
My two favorites are probably Bill Hicks and George Carlin, both are insightful and clever in their comedy and can get me laughing any day.
The worst I've seen are probably Dane Cook, Adam Sandler, Carlos Mencia or Jeff Dunham.

Jacking

Dec 24, 2010
Dara O'Briain, Jack Dee and Kevin Bridges are among my all time favorite stand ups.

As for least favorite? Probably Jimmy Carr, he just seems to do one liners, I do love the stuff he hosts though.

batuea

Jun 30, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Favorite: Geert Hoste.

Least favorite: Has Jack Thompson become a stand-up comedian yet?
Otherwise none.
Well he is a giant joke already, so I think it would create a paradox if a joke told a joke.

Favorites: Patton Oswald *surprised out of the post i read no one mentioned him*, David Cross, Mitch Hedberg, Dave Attell, Rodney Carrington, Galiger, and Carrot Top * I know, don't say anything, its just nice to be able to turn your brain off for a while*

Bad: Mancia, Jeff Dunham, Lewis Black *he just screams way to much, its his only gag*, the whole Blue Colar Group, Eddy Lizard *yes we get it your a cross dresser, its not THAT funny or weird now days*, and of course Larry the Cable Guy.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Some of my favourites are Lee Evans, Michael McIntyre, Frankie Boyle, and Milton Jones makes me laugh like hell during non-stand-up stuff on Mock the Week (his stand-up stuff isn't really my sort of humour). There are others but my mind isn't serving me well at all today.

There are a lot of comedians I don't find funny (Sue me, I'm hard to please with comedians), but one that sticks out is Alan Carr. Not because of his sexuality, I just genuinely don't see what people find funny about him at all.

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
I've never really got on that well with musical comedians, Bill Bailey has some strong material as does Minchkin but I'm there for the jokes, not cuz they went to music school.

Barley Seed

Mar 7, 2011
Lee Evans would be my favourite comedian whereas Michael "Pissing out a kidney stone is funnier than me" McIntyre is my least favourite.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
John Pinnette, Ron White are defiantly my top two.

I don't bother to learn the bad ones names. Theres quite afew though.

Dystopia

Jul 26, 2009
Bill Bailey is by far my favourite, followed closely by Tim Minchin and Michael MacIntyre. Tim has some HILARIOUS songs (Pro-tip: If I Didn't Have You is a classic)

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Steve Hughes is hilarious and so is Jason Manford (<---my favourite British comedian) my favourite American (might be Canadian) is Louis C.K.

Least favourite... the non funny ones...I find that when you watch a comedian live you're more inclined to laugh because it's what you paid for. If you watch a comedian on TV and laughing like crazy then they're a great comedian :)

CounterReproductive

Apr 9, 2010
Favourites : Lewis Black, George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope, Louis CK, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Mort Saul, Rodney Carrington, Stephen Lynch, Billy Conolly, Russell Howard, Bill Bailey, Milton Jones, Chris Addison, Tim (Don't call me ginger) Minchin, Russ Noble, Lee Mack and I will round off this small incomplete list with three more Dara O'Briain, Ed Byrne and Joe Rogan.

Least favourites:

Roy 'Chubby' Brown ( he was funny when i was fourteen)

Peter Kay (love his series Phoenix Nights, can't stand the stand up)

John Bishop (loved his work on TV, saw his DVD and didn't laugh once So dissapointed)

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
Doug Stanhope, Dave Attell, Patton Oswalt, and David Cross would be some of my favorite (still alive) comedians.
Least? Lisa Lampanelli, Larry the Cable Guy, Carlos Mencia, Dane Cook, and the puppet guy.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Whoever didn't say Louis C.K. among their favourites deserves a punch in the mouth. Fact.

urahara75

Aug 21, 2010
Greatest:

In terms of material, George Carlin hands down. Lewis Black, Russel Peters, Kathleen Madigan, Doug Stanhope, George Lopez, Ellen DeGeneres and Brian Regan are close contenders for their material niches.

Worst:

Comedians who can't balance "crossing the line twice" w/ actual humorous black or "politically incorrect" material. For me, Sara Silverman and Carlos Mencia are firm, well-known examples of this group. Olivia Lee can also kinda-sorta skate this line from year to year.

Any comic who revels in beating a set of sexual/cultural/ethnic stereotypes to death without subverting them or conveying any new perspectives in the material. A few examples off the top of my memory: comics like Steve Harvey, D.L. Hughley, Adele Givens, and Margaret Cho (we get it, you're a "Hollywood pudgy", bisexual woman who prefers the company of homosexual guys... MOVE ON!) are caught here.

Special *Worst* Mention:

Andrew "Dice" Clay. This sad excuse of a human being is the most offensive, unfunny, misogynistic douchebag to ever grace the face of the planet. If you took the jaded, caustic nature of Stanhope, stripped his material of everything nonsexual and derogatory, and repackaged it within vicious slurs and epithets you'd still be short of this racist, sexist jerkass.

Andaxay said:
Least favourite is Lee Evans. The guy just doesn't tickle my funny bone at all.
Heresy!... ;C
Just kidding, though I see how his spastic delivery & mid-to-hi alto voice can rub comic fans the wrong way.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
There's a few I like. Billy Conolly tops the list. I also like Chris Rock, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Eddie Izzard, Dara O'Brien, George Carlin, Ed Byrne, and a few others.

Worst? God...There's Jo Brand, Al Murray, Peter Kay, Lee Evans, Lee Mack, Andy Parsons, and a bunch of others...but the absolute WORST in the world has to be a tie between Johnny Vegas, Alan Carr and Harry Hill. NOTHING they have ever said has been funny in any way. It's sad to watch either of them. Sucks the laughter right out of the atmosphere.