Standalone Affleck batman movie confirmed

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/13/batman-standalone-film-starring-and-directed-by-ben-affleck-confirmed

So the moment we all knew was coming has arrived, a standalone batman movie has been announced for the DCEU. I can't say I'm surprised. Not much else I can say since this was already talked to death about in speculation.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
God damn it. I knew this was going to be tough.

On one hand, Affleck was the shining gem in the septic tank that was Dawn of Justice. I really liked him in it, and I'd love to see what he could do directing it as well.

On the other hand, Goyer and Wb are probably going to do everything they can to fuck it right the hell up, and I don't want to give them any money.

I guess, for the time being, I'm going to have to say 'No thank you, Affleck.' But I reserve the right to change my mind if they get their shit together.

undeadsuitor said:
*Crosses fingers* Come on Sir Patrick Stewart as Mr. Freeze, Come ooooooooooooon

You are an attractive person with many good ideas.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Good. Maybe they can get him to write and direct too. That way it won't suck.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Under the Hood adaptation pleeeeaaaaassssseeeeee

If not, at least let us have Nightwing. There's already a Batgirl (or there was)

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:

If not, at least let us have Nightwing. There's already a Batgirl (or there was)
Uh...

There wont be Nightwing.

Sorry.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
AccursedTheory said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Uh...

There wont be Nightwing.

Sorry.
One can always hope.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Fine by me; Affleck's directing career has been nothing short of excellent and I wonder what sort of Batman story he would make. Death in the Family would be appropriate for the Batman in BvS but holy SHIT would that be a bleak ending. You'd also have to not retread old ground Nolan's trilogy already had.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Aiddon said:
Fine by me; Affleck's directing career has been nothing short of excellent and I wonder what sort of Batman story he would make. Death in the Family would be appropriate for the Batman in BvS but holy SHIT would that be a bleak ending. You'd also have to not retread old ground Nolan's trilogy already had.
I don't really want even more prequels in the DCEU line up. The timeline is as confusing enough as it is.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
I don't really want even more prequels in the DCEU line up. The timeline is as confusing enough as it is.
There is one. Wonder Woman. That is it. Suicide Squad is post-Man of Steel so it's more of a side-story than anything. This is not difficult to comprehend.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
Aiddon said:
What?

There's two current movies. One happens after the other. Wonder Woman happens in WWII, and Batman will be placed anywhere from a couple years to a decade or so before Man of Steel.

That's pretty straight forward.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
carlsberg export said:
Was he any good in the batman v superman film?
The general consensus I've heard is that he was the best part of BvS. Some would argue he was the only good part. I haven't seen it myself, so I can't say one way or the other.

And I'm cautiously in support of this. I've heard good things about Affleck as Batman and I've liked him well enough as a director. Worried because WB has a tendency to fuck up things that should be great with DC, but I guess we'll see.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Aiddon said:
What?

There's two current movies. One happens after the other. Wonder Woman happens in WWII, and Batman will be placed anywhere from a couple years to a decade or so before Man of Steel.

That's pretty straight forward.
Wonder Woman takes place in World War I, not II.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I guess people want more so why not.
But for me as I said before Batman Begins and the folowing movies was the first time Bats wasn't a joke, and now they are going back again so I'm out.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Laser Priest said:
carlsberg export said:
Was he any good in the batman v superman film?
The general consensus I've heard is that he was the best part of BvS. Some would argue he was the only good part. I haven't seen it myself, so I can't say one way or the other.

And I'm cautiously in support of this. I've heard good things about Affleck as Batman and I've liked him well enough as a director. Worried because WB has a tendency to fuck up things that should be great with DC, but I guess we'll see.
Yeah, Affleck was really the only performance I particularly liked. Eisenberg was poor while Cavill and Gadot left very little impression with me.
Maybe it's dumb of me but I'm slightly more optimistic about this. Affleck was good as Batman, he's got a good reputation as a director and from what I've heard he actually likes comic books *glares at Goyer*. Maybe if WB listens to the criticisms people have had about the writing in MoS and BvS they might give him a bit more control.
Shit, it's a Batman film and Goyer's big work was on the Nolan Trilogy. *sigh*
Otherwise, can somebody tell me just which movies are confirmed at the moment? Suicide Squad is coming up and Wonder Woman's been confirmed but do we know anything on the other Leaguers aside from the trailers within BvS?

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Pleeeease make this be an origin story. We really need another one of those.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
After we see the new Batman film and it is good [I don't know if the other movie was good...], I want a full circle Ben Affleck's Dark Soul video montage:

At first, footage showing announcements of Ben as the new Dark Knight. Showing a character from Dark Souls dying few times cause of the outrage for selecting Ben for this role.s
Then footages of good words of critics and fans about the acting of Ben as Batman in the first Trailer. The previous Dark Souls Player now is not dying and kick some asses on his way.
But then sadness. Ben's sad face are present while critics and hardcore fans of Bataman sh*t over the movie and it get bad scores. Now the knight had been slayed multiple times by different kind of Bosses. The words "YOU DIED" is all over the video.
Ben DETERMINATION are present now by anouncing he will be the director of a new Batman movie. A montage of Dark SOuls Knight get ready for the storm.
The new movie is glorious and show a happy Ben Affleck. The Knight uttf*ck a whole Army of Bosses with skill and well-balance rolls all over the place.
PRAISE THE SUN!!!!!!

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
AccursedTheory said:
Bob_McMillan said:

Uh...

There wont be Nightwing.

Sorry.
How do you know? That had to be
Jason Todds suit, since you know, he has "died" before.

I seriously doubt it would be Richard Graysons.