Star citizen First true next gen game?

TheGamerElite33

Nov 3, 2011
Do you think it is first true next generation game releasing? i think yes i mean look at scale, graphics, immersion. game is using cryengine 4 and graphically will blow everything. Space Sim on ship and FPS on Ground. it looks very interesting from what i have seen so far. it seem like one hell of the game. i have seen people talk about destiny, uncharted 5 for next gen. but i think this is real next gen game.

what do you think my friends?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I think I'd want to play the thing before making a bunch of grandiose claims about it. It looks excellent though.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Wulfram77 said:
No, cos it's PC?

It's a PC only exclusive and PCs don't really go through generations as it's an ever changing platform. So not really, no.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
It isn't a game until it's released, until then it's nothing but a concept from the point of view of the consumer.

Until then I'll believe the screenshots of it when I see it myself and not from the devs.

Fyrana

May 24, 2014
Diesel- said:
Do you think it is first true next generation game releasing? i think yes i mean look at scale, graphics, immersion. game is using cryengine 4 and graphically will blow everything. Space Sim on ship and FPS on Ground. it looks very interesting from what i have seen so far. it seem like one hell of the game. i have seen people talk about destiny, uncharted 5 for next gen. but i think this is real next gen game.

Hate to break it to you, but graphics mean nothing and that is all Star Citizen seems to have going for it. Once they actually show gameplay running on computers, then I may get interested (it would also help if they lowered the insanely hig pricing on the ships). So far, it looks average/mediocre with a shiny coat of paint. Nothing more.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Why yes, Of course it is, because it's pc exclusive and has graphics. That means it's for true hardcore real gamers, unlike colorful crap for console casuals like Mario or girly JRPGs.

Aren't Diesel threads great?

Tyran107

Nov 14, 2008
Zontar said:
It isn't a game until it's released, until then it's nothing but a concept from the point of view of the consumer.

Until then I'll believe the screenshots of it when I see it myself and not from the devs.
Well as someone who's been having a blast playing the arena commander module. The screen shot is spot on to how the game looks when you're playing it.

OT: As others have said even with the shiny graphics I wouldn't consider it next gen seeing as PC's don't go through gens.

Ghraf

Sep 16, 2014
To all the people mentioning, "I won't believe it until I see it/play it", you can play their proof-of-concept version of the game right now if you make a pledge. They just released a racing mode as well, with some new ships in the pledge store, as well as the multiple Arena Commander modes you can play or even the shooting gallery inside the hangar on foot.

I'd call it next-gen. Gaming does go through generations regardless of it's on a console or not. It's about art form and the way things you probably don't think about, like GUI design and physics, are being handled. I'd say we've crossed quite a few generations from back in the days of MUDs to full-on 3D MMOs with dynamic worlds.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Sassafrass said:
Wulfram77 said:
No, cos it's PC?

It's a PC only exclusive and PCs don't really go through generations as it's an ever changing platform. So not really, no.
I'll also join that sentiment.

I find that out of all the other PC only's on this site Diesel- takes the cake for not trying to hide it very well, I can only imagine it won't take a year until the hammer comes down unless of course the Escapist mods want to continue allowing Console vs PC flame bait threads while gladly enforcing the other rules and ignoring the obvious one they should be enforcing.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
I dunno, you sure there isn't too much color in it for your liking? You never know, it might be too girly.
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I find that out of all the other PC only's on this site Diesel- takes the cake for not trying to hide it very well, I can only imagine it won't take a year until the hammer comes down unless of course the Escapist mods want to continue allowing Console vs PC flame bait threads while gladly enforcing the other rules and ignoring the obvious one they should be enforcing.
There's a rule against PC vs Console threads?

Don't get me wrong, I too think those threads are stupid. But this is the first I've heard that there's a specific rule against it.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
IceForce said:
I dunno, you sure there isn't too much color in it for your liking?
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Don't get me wrong, I too think those threads are stupid. But this is the first I've heard that there's a specific rule against it.
There's rules against creating flame baiting type topics, majority of PC vs Console threads by default are flame baiting and end up being destructive in the end anyway, this thread is flame baiting, looking at OP's history he's done nothing but create flame baiting topics and appears PC only which doesn't exactly go well when you've got topics like this in the mix.

It'd be like if I were console only and decided to show that I am by making multiple "PC's sux conzuls rule" type threads, it'd be the same as OP's doing right now and it doesn't add anything at all other than garnering hate.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
IceForce said:
I dunno, you sure there isn't too much color in it for your liking?
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Well, versus threads aren't usually allowed but Diesel's been getting away with it lately. Maybe because no one's reporting it or because the mods are otherwise occupied or offline. As for if PC vs Consoles threads are against the rules, only if it's a flame bait thread. If it was a thread where the pros and cons of both were discussed civilly, it'd technically be fine.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014

Please with these embarrassing threads. Amusing at first but we're getting them daily now. Everyone has already rightly turned against you and yet you still persist with these threads? Why? What purpose do they serve, there is never any actual discussion within them unless you count "OP is X" as discussion.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
kiri2tsubasa said:
So, if you are psychic, then can you tell us just how it plays, you know the really important part. Does it play like omething you would expect of "next gen" or will it be little more then something like X2: The Treat.
Hey, what's wrong with X2: The Threat? I liked that game.

I mean sure, it's not as good mechanically as the X3 trilogy, but it's quite enjoyable and I would buy Star Citizen if it was literally just an X game with better graphics (because lord knows Egosoft didn't give us that).

LarsInCharge

Sep 9, 2014
Diesel- said:

You remind of Hakkarin in the R&P section.

That's not a good thing.

Actually, at least Hakkarin seems genuinely curious. I've read each thread you've made in the last week. And I'm pretty sure your gimmick has run dry.

Gergar12_v1legacy

Aug 17, 2012
It better pull through with it's hype AT LAUNCH. Unlike a certain overhyped MMO which lacks exploration, and space combat, along with story.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I don't get why I have never seen a spiritual sequel to starflight on any platform yet. Seriously, a game where you could make your own crew, customize your spaceship, and explore any planet and we left it in the 16 bit era? Why? And seriously, what a waste. That was such a good game. I don't get why there hasn't been another one like it yet.

And don't say mass effect, because that trilogy is nothing but a bunch of shooting sections and in the case of the first one vehicular shooting sections with shitty controls. It has some strategy to the shootouts, but compared to starflight, it's pretty shallow.