Star Trek: TNG Cast Reunites for Family Guy

brtshstel

Dec 16, 2008
johnx61 said:
But while I do enjoy Family Guy. I get tired of the laughs being hijacked for McFarlane's injected political views. While a minor annoyance in older episodes, his newer episodes seem to be more and more devoted to this flow-breaking bullcrap. Yah, I get it McFarlane, you hate Bush. You don't need to shove it down your audiance's throats every five seconds. We can all laugh at this stuff once in a while, but after a while it really gets old.

Seriously, you have a whole show commited to your political beliefs. (I.E. American Dad) I know no one watches it, but that's what makes it a good place to stick your political views and keep Family Guy for the comedy that people actually enjoy.

Granted. But let's keep in mind that the target audience for Family Guy lies heavily in the 13-20something age group, mostly highschool and college boys. Most (not all, but most) people of this demographic are more on the liberal side of the fence and hate Bush too. The mainstream likes it, and McFarlane gets to kill two birds with one stone (grind the axe and please the masses). While I agree with you in that respect (especially with the Walmart-bashing episode), it's not going to change because (for the majority, which is what truly matters) it works.

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
Khell_Sennet said:
Family Guy, Futurama, Drawn Together, Simpsons, Robot Chicken, American Dad, South Park, and King of the Hill... All these shows are equally good, just peoples' tastes vary. I know some people who hate American Dad, but will stab their own mother in the back of her neck to clear the couch for Family Guy. Many Simpsons fans didn't like Futurama, while many Futurama fans can't see what they used to like so much about the Simpsons. Some people find South Park, Drawn Together, or Robot Chicken to be too juvenile or vulgar, others find the Simpsons too tame and bland. Many (most?) people don't even like King of the Hill, but others love it to death. In the end, no one of these shows is better or worse than the other. Your tastes may not agree with some of them, doesn't make it bad.
It could be "most", or the "The majority of People", but that is truely besides the point, or even the selection you choose, they all fit in quite nicely.

As for the Next Generation, it depends if Family Guy does the humor to my particular taste. When Family Guy first came out, I loved every episode of it, the off-beat humor, the constant jab at popular culture, and the witty banter between a baby and his dog. But as of recent I eithier find myself laughing myself into a theoretical Coma, or turning the channel due to blatant and hurtful Racial Sterotypes. Like in a recent Family Guy "Road to Germany" Stweie Brian, and the Pharmacy Store Clerk, (His Name eludes me at the Moment) go back in time to minutes before the Nazi invasion of Poland; However before the invasion begans, the three of them walk into A Jewish congregation and start joining in on the festivities, now I do not have any prior Knoweldge of Jewish Heritage, or their Religous Ways, so I have no idea about the proper etiqute of this. But afterwords the Pharmacy Store Clerk starts talking about how Frugal his cousins and family are. But instead of just making the single comment, he procceds to list out his entire family, and present the sterotype of the "Cheapskate Jew".

On the flipside of the Coin, "The Man with Two Dogs" offers up very little racial sterotyping, and pokes fun at the characters, whom I might remind you are entierly Fictional, and procceds to not insult any racial group or religous choice. This episode was one of the best in recent seasons, featuring many hilarious moments throughout the show, and being over-all guilt free entertainment.

-This-is-Hip-Hop