Star Wars: Battlefront Announced For Next-Gen Consoles

Leahbjackson

Apr 15, 2013
Star Wars: Battlefront Announced For Next-Gen Consoles

Star Wars: Battlefront was announced moments ago at the EA E3 2013 press conference.

Frank Gibeau, President of Electronic Arts, revealed the game. The cinematic trailer was brief, only showing a snow speeder and an Imperial AT-AT Walker's giant foot. We'll learn more about Star Wars: Battlefront throughout the week.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Ooh man, EA...DO NOT FUCK THIS UP, YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!

Cannot. Wait. *SQUEEEEEEE*!

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
So they are rereleasing the original? Cool.

This better be good. I hope this makes it to PC and is somehow not fucked up by EA. I also hope this is free of Origin. Sadly this won't ever happen ever. But this might be the game to break my long EA abstinence...... if it holds up.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Heheheh.

I wondering how many EA "boycotts" will be broken on account of this.

Remember folks, it's EA, so the PC version - if there is one - will be on Origin.

EDIT: Heh. Ninja'd... kinda.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I'm not surprised that DICE is making a new Battlefront game. I am only surprised that they announced it so soon.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
The cinematic trailer is already filling me with dread. I'm worried this is going to be another Star Wars game that doesn't feel like Star Wars at all, just Battlefield reskinned. The Old Republic felt like WoW reskinned and the Force Unleashed felt like a generic hack 'n slash reskinned. It's been a long time since we've had a game that was really designed from the ground up to be Star Wars

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Zhukov said:
Heheheh.

Remember folks, it's EA, so the PC version - if there is one - will be on Origin.
I've been boycotting EA for a while now, they've not seen a cent from me. I am not a starwars fan, infact I'd go as far as to say I'm kinda turned off by the IP entirely. I like my scifi to be a little more hard.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
arc1991 said:
Ooh man, EA...DO NOT FUCK THIS UP, YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!

Cannot. Wait. *SQUEEEEEEE*!
You speak for us all my friend. Finally they listen to what the fans want. :)Hope they dig into the Star Wars universe and add loads of new stuff.....not just stuff from the movies. Hope this will be epic.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
I hope its good but I suspect it will be average and a bit rushed.

Zhukov said:
Heheheh.

Yeah with those measly 30 million users origin has been hit hard by the boycotts. Come on ,hold the line, we have got them on the ropes. Now how many origin points do I have......

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
A new Battlefront game?

The gaming gods have finally answered our prayers! Rejoice!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
BrotherRool said:
The cinematic trailer is already filling me with dread. I'm worried this is going to be another Star Wars game that doesn't feel like Star Wars at all, just Battlefield reskinned. The Old Republic felt like WoW reskinned and the Force Unleashed felt like a generic hack 'n slash reskinned. It's been a long time since we've had a game that was really designed from the ground up to be Star Wars
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

The Force Unleasshed was designed ground up to be Star Wars, sure the second one was a little meh, but the first one as i recall was a hidden gem when it was released, something that went generally un-noticed by many, yet was popular within the fandom, for most anyway. A nice little filler between eps 3 and 4

The second one i wont get into for OBVIOUS reasons, but the Force Unleashed was by no means a bad game.

crazy_coug99

Official Representative of WSU
Sep 17, 2012
Well that's one hopeful game announcement down. Now I'm just waiting for Last Guardian, Half-life 3 and KH3.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
arc1991 said:
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine?

The Force Unleasshed was designed ground up to be Star Wars, sure the second one was a little meh, but the first one as i recall was a hidden gem when it was released, something that went generally un-noticed by many, yet was popular within the fandom, for most anyway. A nice little filler between eps 3 and 4

The second one i wont get into for OBVIOUS reasons, but the Force Unleashed was by no means a bad game.
Some people have negative opinions of some games I know =D I didn't like the Force Unleashed, it felt like you were batting stormtroopers to death

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
EA

EA

You have a great weight on your shoulders. You must treat at least this series with respect. Screw Mass Effect, Battlefield, etc. Get this right, or you're so dead to me.

Other than that: prayers have been answered, Battlefront has not been abandoned to time.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Praise Jeebus!

This better be good, or else I'll... play something else I guess. Would be a real shame if it sucked, but I'd be surprised if lives up to Battlefront II (or at least people's expectations).

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
In a bid to bring players back, EA is toying with forces beyond the comprehension of both it and us. Everyone needs to be cautious here.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
If it's not coming out on PC, I have literally zero interest in this. And I'm not becoming a console gamer just to play it.