Star Wars' "Black Stormtrooper" to Critics: "Get Used to it"

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Metalrocks said:
was first surprised since originally they are all clones from a white gut but since he is all alone and freaked out, i also guess he must have been undercover and somehow ended up in the dessert.
but otherwise, i dont care. as long the performance is good, thats what matters to me.
Apparently, they aren't all clones by the time of Luke Skywalker... which was good for Luke or else he'd have to explain why he was so much shorter than the other clones when he was disguised on the first Death Star.

I do think George didn't think the whole 'clone' thing through properly, or explain it well, in the movies. Although if we're going down that route, he didn't think anything out in the presequels properly.

Anyway, black stormtrooper? Sure, why not? How is this a 'controversy'?

Schtoobs

Feb 8, 2012
Phew! For a moment there I thought Matt Damon had Blacked Up for the role... just me then?...ok. Not a big fan of Star Wars myself, but I'm interested to see what Disney do with it. Given the huge amount of available material and potential stories in the Star Wars universe I can't help thinking that it would do better as a TV series, what with them being of such a high standard nowadays. Did I hear rumblings about a Star Wars TV spinoff recently?

Can't see a society that has expanded to the point where it includes many alien species as still being hung up on black and white or intraspecies racism... seems very unlikely when there are alien species for people to hate on.

I hope they do a spin-off about the storm trooper that hit his head. My theory is that he was very accident prone and, among other things, caused the deathstars destruction (Luke actually missed his shot). It could be slapstick comedy.