Star Wars Episode 7

Hawkmoon269

Apr 14, 2011
Nope, this isn't a joke, apparently. It's actually happening:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3577656/disney-buys-lucasfilm-plans-to-release-star-wars-episode-7-in-2015

Now, while this does mean no more Lucas input into the franchise, and Disney has done a good job with Marvel Studios, I still have a bad feeling about this...

Thoughts?

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah, just saw that.

I dunno. Really, can the IP get any more fucked up than it already is? This is either great news or irrelevant news.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Did anyone else feel a chill go up their spine?

I've got a bad feeling about this...

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
This could be alright, I mean Disney has a good record with sequels... The Lion King 2 was good right?

I kinda lost interest in Star Wars after episode 2 was released and haven't seen any of the movies since, so I doubt I'll too distraught if they beat the franchise to death some more.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Don't care. Star Wars as a franchise needs to just stop. No more. No more annoying merchandising, no more movies, no more 'special editions', no more games. Just stop. End it now before it gets even more ridiculous and stupid.

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
Depends on who they get to direct it. If they get a no-name to helm it and rely on the brand name to sell it, it'll suck. But, if they get a quality man to direct, I have a very good feeling about this.

People will complain, but I'm putting my money on this being good.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Savo said:
Depends on who they get to direct it. If they get a no-name to helm it and rely on the brand name to sell it, it'll suck. But, if they get a quality man to direct, I have a very good feeling about this.

People will complain, but I'm putting my money on this being good.
Agreed.

LUCAS IS NOT DIRECTING PEOPLE.

This is more of a MULLIGAN than anything.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
This whole franchise is so bloated that it's no longer recognizable. This will only add to that.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Well Disney bought Marvel and that wasn't too bad either, right? I look forward to this with cautious optimism.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
If it's bad it's not like it can be worse than the prequels.

But without Lucas there is a chance it might be good.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
So... does it mean if a Kingdom Hearts III does come to happen, will it mean Sora will carry a lightsaber keyblade?

Sounds kickass to me.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
Disney plans release a new Star Wars movie every 2-3 years

I hope these movies are good. After all Disney has done rather well with Marvel.

And hey maybe we will get a Boxset of the original 3 movies without all of Lucas's tampering.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
I look forwards to seeing diehard Star Wars fans desperately trying to argue that the ep7 did not utterly suck.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
I saw the headline and just went "Oh fuck off!".
I believe yahtzee said it best, people need to slap George away from the editing desk and give him a colouring books so he doesn't determinedly destroy his own franchise so much

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Perhaps if I cared about the Star Wars property anymore I might have feelings about this.

But honestly I'm more excited for the slim but delightful idea that Pixar might do something with Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle or Grim Fandango