Star Wars Outlaws - In a Galaxy far far too boring.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
TBH the whole game looks like shit by comparison to most other even Ubisoft games. I don't know what exactly went wrong here, but it's fucked.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
TBH the whole game looks like shit by comparison to most other even Ubisoft games. I don't know what exactly went wrong here, but it's fucked.
Visually it looks fine, if kind of boring...but it doesn't look any better than Uncharted 4 which is 8 years old and came out a generation ago.

I haven't actually played Outlaws (and don't plan to), so maybe it stands out because of large seamless and loading-free environments or something else that takes a lot of computing power outside of just graphics, but if you just compare it in still images it looks fine but unremarkable.

Was this one of the games Ubisoft was touting as AAAA?

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Visually it looks fine, if kind of boring...but it doesn't look any better than Uncharted 4 which is 8 years old and came out a generation ago.

I haven't actually played Outlaws (and don't plan to), so maybe it stands out because of large seamless and loading-free environments or something else that takes a lot of computing power outside of just graphics, but if you just compare it in still images it looks fine but unremarkable.

Was this one of the games Ubisoft was touting as AAAA?
I'm not sure on the AAAA part, but in playing it on the PS5 on my good TV the game has a weird fuzzy effect when in motion that looks dogshit. The animations are shit, the worlds are fucking boring. In general it just doesn't look good, especially the fuzzy effect like a terrible antialiasing gone wrong. It's hard to describe but it's shit looking to play really.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'm not sure on the AAAA part, but in playing it on the PS5 on my good TV the game has a weird fuzzy effect when in motion that looks dogshit. The animations are shit, the worlds are fucking boring. In general it just doesn't look good, especially the fuzzy effect like a terrible antialiasing gone wrong. It's hard to describe but it's shit looking to play really.
Evil West and Gungrave GORE look better than Outlaws. DmC 2013 looks better than Outlaws, and that's a game from two generations ago now.

Reactions: Satinavian

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
She looks like a goblin in bad light and has hair too fair for a woman that dark.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Oh, some expressions too. I can't remember such an inconsistent model for a protagonist in a big game. The weird scowl she suddenly makes at the end of this one, lol...

People that dark don't have hair that fair. It just doesn't look right. Can't even claim she dyes her hair (wanting to look white for some reason) because her brows are the same color.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Also, I hate tattoos. All tattoos. Does her backstory explain the tattoo? I don't remember any tats in the first six movies.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Right. What a freak. George Lucas must have found it degenerate, to only put one on a villain. Good man.
In the Clone Wars, Rebels, and The Bad Batch cartoons a lot of the clones have tattoos to help distinguish each other.

Hunter from The Bad Batch:

1725944879350.png\

A lot of the bounty hunters also have tattoos and so do some Mandolorians and others from the expanded universe.

Ahsoka's face markings were also originally meant to be tattoos based on some sources but they retconed that and made them natural.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
What’s funny there is how it’s so blatantly clear that those horn protrusions were just pasted on. What was the makeup budget for these new SW movies anyways.

Or was that just a cosplayer?
That’s a close up shot of Ray Park in his costume and makeup of Darth Maul from Phantom Menace.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Dunno if it was mentioned but they announced a patch coming to improve some of the early stealth missions, which is the part that is pushing me away most about this game right now (because getting into ***** fights about facial expressions and hair color is just too fucking stupid for me to deal with c'mon you guys).

I also heard multiple reviews that praise the story's ending, which is a rare quality these days.

So my initial impression still stands- one day, after all patches, a discount, and a weekend with little to do and bad weather, it'll be a good time.

Reactions: BrawlMan