Star Wars: Retold by Someone Who Never Saw It

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DuncanRR said:
...Well, "Eewok" originated as a palindrome for "Wookie", so she's right about Chewbacca.
True. The original idea was for Endor to be a planet of Wookies, but once Lucas had established the character of Chewbacca, he felt he couldn't do that. (Not sure why, to be honest.) And so we got Ewoks instead.

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
Varchld said:
That's awesome :p
This was better then the newer 3 movies at least.
I like This [http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lk5_OSsawz4] better though.

EDIT: To respond to the guy below me. I think it's because they could have been so much more. I liked episode 3 and 2 had some good points.
I mainly added the second line so I wasn't just posting a couple of words.
That was freaking awesome!

as for the video, the images made me laugh a lot, as well at the
"Hans"
"Han"

part.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
tthor said:
why does every1 always make fun of the newer starwars movies,
i personally liked them better than the original ones, (fell asleep during movie 5 x_x)
No, you are wrong. I know this an opinion, but its wrong.

Jul 9, 2008
Smiles said:
I haven't watched the trilogy since I was a little kid, but that sounded pretty accurate.
Not even close. And that's ignoring the fact that she mostly confused the order of the second and third movies.

DuncanRR

Nov 30, 2008
MrGFunk said:
DuncanRR said:
...Well, "Eewok" originated as a palindrome for "Wookie", so she's right about Chewbacca.
That's not a palindrome its an almost anagram. Kind of a phonetic anagram. Which is weird.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean. I thought you should know.
It was sarcasm. Haven't you seen the Dead Parrot sketch? "The palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob!"

A palindrome:"Racecar = racecaR"

An anagram: "Tom Marvolo Riddle = I am Lord Voldemort".

"Eewok" was originally "Wookie" spelled backwards. Ergo, a palindrome.

Reaperman Wompa

Aug 6, 2008
Really funny, surprised at how that Star Wars would have been. I can't tell which would have been better, mainly because Hans Solo sounds bad ass.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
DuncanRR said:
True. The original idea was for Endor to be a planet of Wookies, but once Lucas had established the character of Chewbacca, he felt he couldn't do that. (Not sure why, to be honest.) And so we got Ewoks instead.
Isn't it obvious?
What would you rather see, an army of three-foot teddy bears illogically defeating an army of stormtroopers?
Or an army of three-metre grizzly bears tearing them limb from limb?
I know what I'd choose.

I'm also laughing at the people here getting offended because someone has the gall to not know about Star Wars :p

Oh, and is it just me, or did she not mention Vader being Luke's dad?

cuddly_tomato

Nov 12, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
tthor said:
why does every1 always make fun of the newer starwars movies,
i personally liked them better than the original ones, (fell asleep during movie 5 x_x)
No, you are wrong. I know this an opinion, but its wrong.
I liked the two second prequels more than Return of the Jedi or Star wars. But then again I think everything Lucas touches turns to crap and am not really big into the series.

Scarecrow38

Apr 17, 2008
I thought she had a really good crack at it. I like how she picked up on the sublte sexual tension between Han and Luke that George Lucas only alluded to in a few critical moments during the 6 films. :p

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
And somehow she manages to forget "I am your father" probably the most famous movie quote in history.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
That was pretty funny, especially the Hans/Han bit.

But the people who are ripping her; Star Wars isn't really everyone's cup of tea. I've met people that hate it with an unnerving passion...

HydraZulu

Oct 6, 2008
DuncanRR said:
MrGFunk said:
DuncanRR said:
That's not a palindrome its an almost anagram. Kind of a phonetic anagram. Which is weird.

EDIT: I'm not trying to be mean. I thought you should know.
It was sarcasm. Haven't you seen the Dead Parrot sketch? "The palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob!"

A palindrome:"Racecar = racecaR"

An anagram: "Tom Marvolo Riddle = I am Lord Voldemort".

"Eewok" was originally "Wookie" spelled backwards. Ergo, a palindrome.
You seem to understand the concept of palindromes, but you're still wrong. Wookie backwards would be Eikoow. Eikoow isn't like Ewok. However:

1 2 3 4 5 6
W o o k i e

6 1 2 4
E w o k

They dropped an o and the i, and moved the E to the front.

Palindrome: Word spelled the same backwards and forwards. You named my favorite example, racecar.

Anagram: Word who's letters can be rearranged to form a new word. I'm too tired to think of an example right now, but a quick google should give you a few examples.