Star Wars: Retold by Someone Who Never Saw It

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
An elderly neighbor of mine was taken to see Star Wars when it first came out by her grown-up children. She sat quietly all the way through without passing comment and when they all got outside the Cinema they asked he what she thought of it:

"That was the most stupid thing I have ever seen in my life. It had a talking dog in it!"

They have never taken her to see a movie since. Shame.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Oh, lord, that was hilarious.

Now someone make her watch the damn movies.
No need, she already knows the entire story, she should go watch V for Vendetta instead.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Jharry5 said:
That was pretty funny, especially the Hans/Han bit.

But the people who are ripping her; Star Wars isn't really everyone's cup of tea. I've met people that hate it with an unnerving passion...
I've always been bewildered by people who rip into other people for not liking the shit they like themselves, I can only guess that they are communist', or something.

DuncanRR

Nov 30, 2008
HydraZulu said:
You seem to understand the concept of palindromes, but you're still wrong. Wookie backwards would be Eikoow. Eikoow isn't like Ewok. However:

1 2 3 4 5 6
W o o k i e

6 1 2 4
E w o k

They dropped an o and the i, and moved the E to the front.

Palindrome: Word spelled the same backwards and forwards. You named my favorite example, racecar.

Anagram: Word who's letters can be rearranged to form a new word. I'm too tired to think of an example right now, but a quick google should give you a few examples.
Lucas himself said the word originated as "Wookie" backwards, because Endor was originally supposed to be populated with them. You can argue all you want about spelling, but phonetically they're the same. Again, me saying "palindrome" was a reference to a Monty Python sketch, one that apparently went over someone's head.

Now, lets stop both arguing about something so trivial and getting off-topic, shall we?

Wargamer

Apr 2, 2008
You know, I'm half tempted to get hammered and have a go at this myself...

"Okay! Give us the plot to Harry Potter!"

"There's some wizard, he's gay, some guy called Snape kills Dumbeldore, etc."