Starcraft 2 Great Game bad Players.

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
I find myself in every game of Startcraft 2 been rushed, 4 team dominated 2 mins in the game or called a noob because I didn't run in with a ghost nuking everything in site, weird that I would like to actually get to a high enough level to get some upgrades and not run in with 5 guys and win the game.

TerranReaper

Mar 28, 2009
Play 1v1s, it might just suit you better if 4v4s (At least I think that's what you're playing) don't suit you.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Cyketor said:
I find myself in every game of Startcraft 2 been rushed, 4 team dominated 2 mins in the game or called a noob because I didn't run in with a ghost nuking everything in site, weird that I would like to actually get to a high enough level to get some upgrades and not run in with 5 guys and win the game.
You gotta find some friends/regulars to play, I'll be experiencing the same issues soon I'm sure.

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
Well see it happens on every game, and most of all that I hate is when terran use the jet pack unit and fly's in behind you, destroys all your mining units and then leaves just to stunt your level growth, its a mess, just saying, when you wait 6 years for a game then its filled with douches then it kinda leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Cyketor said:
Have you played Warcraft 3? In that game you don't even have the ranking system based on skill level. Unless you play by the Korean super-high micro strategies, you might aswell not play at all according to them.

They might be some of the rudest people I've ever encountered.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
That's why I really only like playing with friends, they play to have fun, the dicks online just play to see the win counter go up.

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
Yeah but I cant just lan, you need a battlenet account which really annoys me, but the worst of all tactics is building in or directly outside a base (protoss) and just pumping zealots out like serial!

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
That's how you play starcraft. If you are getting rushed then you are the bad player, if you want a longer game then get better at it. Learn to defend or go on the offensive early.

Edit: Of course people are trying to get they're win counter up, what game have you played competitively and not tried to win? If you want a long drawn out game where you can explore the tech tree then play a Total War game (I'm not bashing them I love those games, I'm giving you an alternative).

monnes

Sep 23, 2009
I have about the same rules as Konrad, although

Konrad Curze said:
Those who violated the mutually agreed upon rules were simply repeadatly slapped in the back.
Is the common procedure for us

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
Funny, I get called a noob when I DO run in with a ghost, nuking everything in sight. That might be because they're base is a radioactive slag when I'm through, it's hard to tell. Or because I only play 1v1, or custom games with friends.

A bit more on topic, even on 1v1 it's usually over in the first few minutes. Either I go too slow and get smashed by five zealots, or managed to push them back and then kill them. Usually the former. Still fun, though.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Konrad Curze said:
However Starcraft is kind of a horrible game. The only way Zerg players can win is by the opening minutes spam. The longer a fight goes on the easier it gets for Terran and Protoss.
Not really, it just means that you start strong with Zerg but don't keep up the momentum. My Dad dominates with Zerg, but suffers horrendously with Protoss at all points.

If anything, it shows that Blizzard put a ton of effort into making each race unique. Which is a good thing. If you don't do well with Zerg, don't use them.

OP: Welcome to the real world, where fun is quantified. Your enemies are tools, your allies are worse. Do 1v1 multiplayer for a while.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
welcome to starcraft, if you want to play it multi then you need to wait for someone to mod a good horde type mode in it

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
No see I have, I have played over like 30 games and I played starcraft for most of my life, since I understood pop limits I could play strategy games, I shouldnt have to spend all my money on defense at the very start then be nuked after that, I mean honestly!

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
I feel im going to keep my starcraft 2 at a minimum to not strangle the nearest douche with the mouse cord, im sure all fellow gamers in this post could only sympathize with the same plight that is good strategic games with ladder jumpers.

Ertol

Jul 8, 2010
Ya I know it sucks, but try building a few marines (or whatever race you are) for defense. If there is a chokepoint try to wall it off with a bunker or some turrets. Basically you need to buy time until you can actually get some things going. Or if you want you can try the rush strategy, I'm sure you could find a video describing exactly how to do it online. It's the only issue I have with SC and SC2, the matches only last like 3 to 5 minutes, which seems like a waste of time for me. The online play is a bit boring unless you like 3 mintue matches, personally I want them to last around 20 to 30 minutes. It's short enough that the game stays exciting, but long enough to expand and get into some of the cooler units.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Cyketor said:
StarCraft is most balanced in 1v1 play. Everything else always ends up like what you have described.

ChazzBurger

Mar 2, 2010
Agreed, I want a nice long game, where you build up epic armies and have a giant showdown and use stealth, cunning or good tactics to win the game with an exciting conclusion.

Not LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL SPAM TIER 1 UNITS DUR

It's not fun in the slightest