Starcraft 2 Great Game bad Players.

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
Well I feel dirty when I rush its like yeah lets buy a game for $100 just so I can have 30 4-5 min matches on a free day, I mean I have had a few matches where its gone for about 25mins and its ended with one of the teams having an inevitable flaw in the defense or units and that was fun even if I lost because I could push out my full potential, or having 20 mins in and nuking points that the enemy is trying to steal close resource.

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Yeah I've avoided the online for the most part other than a few 2's, because I knew all the really lame 4 minute wins would be rampant for the first bit.

Konrad Curze said:
However Starcraft is kind of a horrible game. The only way Zerg players can win is by the opening minutes spam. The longer a fight goes on the easier it gets for Terran and Protoss.
False.

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
thats the "strategy" part. you have to be able to hold off enemy attacks, or better yet, keep him pinned in his base. ghosts are easy to counter, and not even used that often. building a massive army actually is more of a beginner thing to do, no offense, but putting pressure on your opponent, and keeping him from pushing you is the better thing to do if you want to keep him from rushing you. in starcraft, the best defence is a good offence.

greenflash

Jul 13, 2010
try to make a strong econemy and build your base unit 3-9 times(based on race 3-6 protoss 5-7 terren 9-12 zerg) and if they are uber players then get a rock map(a map with rocks protecting your base) or try blocking off your ramp.

Cyketor

Sep 22, 2008
See its not a holding back or keeping base its all about killing straight away so you cant enjoy the game if I want a game to end as quickly as it started ill go play mile high club on CoD 4 man, I wait 6 years for this game and I end up being attacked by invisible units with 2 mins of the game, the thing is you can have towers but they are countered by nukes, attack teams or countered by invisible units and flying units are countered by nothing more then flying units, my brother will amass a 8 carrier team within 8 mins of the game then rip into all of us.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Erm, custom games?

Seriously. I stay away from that hardcore bullshit. I just like playing Parasite or Cortex.

Or fuck, play the campaign again. Be a complete asshole to the colonists. Tell Tosh to fuck off with his creepy self.

Ravinak

Nov 5, 2008
Cyketor said:
Well see it happens on every game, and most of all that I hate is when terran use the jet pack unit and fly's in behind you, destroys all your mining units and then leaves just to stunt your level growth, its a mess, just saying, when you wait 6 years for a game then its filled with douches then it kinda leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth.
Using Reapers to harass your mineral line is a valid tactic, it's up to you to counter it.

If you are:

Zerg: Use your Zerglings (speed upgrade makes it much easier) and your Queen to protect your drones.

Protoss: Build Stalkers, one stalker can easily kill a few Reapers.

Terran: Just have a few Marines or even better, Marauders

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
StarCraft is normally like that, or even worse...
Not in a bad way of course, they just love killing you all the time...

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
I always play with the no rush for 5 minute rule and create a game specifically that states that in the title. You may be surprised, but there are many people who prefer having the no rush rule.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Cyketor said:
I find myself in every game of Startcraft 2 been rushed, 4 team dominated 2 mins in the game or called a noob because I didn't run in with a ghost nuking everything in site, weird that I would like to actually get to a high enough level to get some upgrades and not run in with 5 guys and win the game.
May I suggest avoiding the 4v4s, 3v3s, or the FFA, those always get the worst players.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Cyketor said:
I feel im going to keep my starcraft 2 at a minimum to not strangle the nearest douche with the mouse cord, im sure all fellow gamers in this post could only sympathize with the same plight that is good strategic games with ladder jumpers.
I sympathize. I once was an avid Rome:Total War online player. But it was soiled for me by what I call clan armies*. When I first started, they weren't overly common. I stopped playing after every second match was against one.

*Clan Army Roman Variety-6 Urban Cohorts (the most BS unit in the game, very high stats, beats practically every other foot unit in a melee, has javelins, and are quite affordable at 860 denarii (most games have 10k)), 4-6 Praetorian Cavalry (another BS unit, not supposed to be the best cavalry but in a staright forward match of unupgraded units with identical numbers, they beat back my cataphracts (the best heavy cavalry in the game) who were using the secondary attack which adds an armor piercing trait to their attack), and maybe some archers. Urb's and Prae's very highly upgraded. It is almost unbeatable with a regular army, since even with rear attacks the Urb's will crush your goons and the Prae's with murder your horsemen very quickly. Archers are worthless since they have such high defence.
Clan Army Macedonian variety-6 Royal Pikemen (best long-speared phalanx in the game) and 4-6 Companion Cavalry (just a wee bit lower stats than Praetoain Cavalry) which are all heavily upgraded. Archers are optional.

Sep 14, 2009
Cody211282 said:
That's why I really only like playing with friends, they play to have fun, the dicks online just play to see the win counter go up.
this..suprisingly i know a good 4-5 of the dicks..they try and lure me into playing the game but i keep telling them no and they say "wow, your bad because you don't play rts's online" and im thinking "well..i actually like to enjoy the game, not turn it into a micro management rage game at all and everyone who doesn't rush with you"

Huzegun

Mar 27, 2008
Protip: People like winning. (As it's said right above me.) People don't mind abusing a game to win. People don't mind if they or you don't have fun while they win, so long as they win. With that being said, I'm sure any on-line game is plagued with people who want to make your experience miserable just so they can have another win under their belt. If you don't like this, play exclusively with friends and friends of friends, or try the single player. It's rather good.

DarkDain

Jul 31, 2007
Most RTS's have a 'safety time' you can set, i guess SC2 does not? I dislike rushing builds too because they're really hit or miss and end the game abruptly. Either it works and they win or it fails and they quit. Imagine if fighting games were like that, a win or lose opener move. You might as well prepare early defenses for being rushed in every game, but that'll slow you in the long run if your not rushed.

Jan 23, 2009
There are counters for everything -

I started to realise on the novice maps (where there are rock to stop a rush) that terran players would always always rush with the reapers (jet pack units) - so now I counter that every time, and when the terran player runs into my trap, he is down the cost of making those units and teching for reapers, and I am ahead in minerals and mid game tech...

remember once a player commits to a rush, if it doesn't work, you are at a serious advantage.

If you want some advice on good play tactics, just watch some "huskey starcraft videos" on youtube.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Cody211282 said:
That's why I really only like playing with friends, they play to have fun, the dicks online just play to see the win counter go up.
this..suprisingly i know a good 4-5 of the dicks..they try and lure me into playing the game but i keep telling them no and they say "wow, your bad because you don't play rts's online" and im thinking "well..i actually like to enjoy the game, not turn it into a micro management rage game at all and everyone who doesn't rush with you"
The single player is quite fun, but I only play online every now and then because of the amount of "play to win" morons that are on battle net.

Jan 23, 2009
Cody211282 said:
gmaverick019 said:
Cody211282 said:
The single player is quite fun, but I only play online every now and then because of the amount of "play to win" morons that are on battle net.
the custom games are starting to fill with some nice classics - just for fun =P you should definitely check them out

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
play with friends. that's really the only way to avoid douchebags in any game.