Starcraft Game (RPG). The end! Disscussion time.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Hi again. I had just received permission to start this thread up again. It's a game based around Starcraft where you are the few survivours on a planet and one of you is a mysterious killer with a goal. Can you work out who it is and what his goal is before it's too late!?

So far we have:
Me
Maybe Larenxis
Knight templar
[HD]Rob Inglis
ChrisP.Lettuce
and broadband playing.

Just write in if you want to join and the class you want to play as out of the following:

Engineer
Firebat Armored Assault Trooper
Marine
Ghost Espionage/Counter Intelligence Agent
Combat Physician (Medic)
Vulture Hover Cycle Pilot
Arclite Siege Tank Crew Member
Goliath Combat Walker Pilot
Wraith Fighter Pilot
Scientist

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Ok. GenHellSpawn is the last Ghost. Otherwise there'd be way too many running around, jamming electronics and turning invisble.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Cool. The game will be starting this afternoon so everyone still has a little more time to sign up. We only have 9 people at the moment and more would be appriciated.

Rules and the story will be posted when the game begins.

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
i don't get it. how does this work? is the time GMT? do i need to have starcraft installed?

sry for the needless questions, but would be nice to know :S

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
KurtNiisan said:
I'm in. Arclite Siege Tank pilot for me.
I always pwnz3d n00bz with squads of those ^^
Ha. I thought of you when I put that in. Not in a creepy way or anything.

portuga-man said:
i don't get it. how does this work? is the time GMT? do i need to have starcraft installed?

sry for the needless questions, but would be nice to know :S
The time is EST but it doesn't matter. No, you don't need starcraft. It's a simple game on this forum that requires nothing but a keyboard to play. You join up and say what class you want to be. The game is pretty much you guys roll playing as your character and working out a plot I have set up for you. You don't need anything for it.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Gonna go with scientist, looks like some nice depth to them with the whole "OMG dey made me crazy ghost man" aspect.

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
I'll be a Scientist. Nothing better than a useless civilian, except Gordon Freeman. So I'm him.

EDIT: Wait, when is "This afternoon" where you are? Because it's 11:16 (PM)here.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
This has been rated MA for Graphic violence and Adult themes J

Plot:
DS-642. The rock that your base was positioned on. No names were given to this planet yet but the Terran Confederacy seemed particularly quick to jump all over this one for an unknown particular reason. An army was sent here to colonies the planet. A fleet was space born in orbit and troops positioned all around. Then it happened. The start of this long winding journey. It?s been twelve days since you managed to fight back the Protoss forces that had invaded the base, but not without loss. Nearly all but 14 are dead, most of the vehicles have been so badly damaged apart from 1 Arclite Siege Tank, 1 Goliath and 2 Vulture Hover Cycles. 2 Wraiths sit in the hanger but with an engineer to repair them, they?re not getting off the ground anytime soon. The entire air fleet was wiped out in the first invasion so nobody is going anywhere.

But it is good. The ground base is supplied with enough food, air and supplies to last us until the Terran Confederacy decides to quit picking the dirt out of their arses and actually send a rescue fleet to clean this place up. Even with their powerful engines, the fleet could take a few weeks to even a few months to arrive. Moral is generally high. The Protoss had suffered much worse then us and have only just been able to crawl away. It will take them longer to regroup and attack again then it will for the Terran Confederacy to arrive. A few mourn those who have died but everyone is still grateful to be alive.

Rules:
-I choose the serial killer at random.
-The game starts off like a regular day. Feel free to mix and mingle. Find out peoples stories. Have arm wrestles. Whatever grunts do. Remember to stay in character.
-The first murder will occur! (This will also be chosen at random. I?m not out to get you or any hate, but a simple roll of the dice, and you?re dead!)
-People then have to work out which one of them did it. Everyone votes on who it is by stating who and why. (At not out of any grudges. Your lives are at stake here people!!)
-The lynching happens and everything goes back to normal.
-If the killer is still at large, he will strike again!
-This will continue to happen until the murderer has been found out.
-Every time something happens little clues may appear and a bit more to the mystery may go solved.
-This is still the escapist so all the normal posting rules apply.
-I?m playing as well, but I can?t vote or judge people? that doesn?t necessarily mean that I won?t be the killer. Remember it has all been chosen at random.
-If you want to talk out side your character say so first.
-Dead men tell no tales. Once you?ve been killed you are no longer allowed to talk. You can still watch from afar.
-Lastly, just have fun. It?s a game not a flame war.

Character Profiles:

(PurpleRain) P.R- Ghost Espionage/Counter Intelligence Agent
No name or ranks are given to these specialized soldiers. They are trained to kill and get away with it and particularly good at that. No one really knows PR?s back-story and only call him that because of the insignia on his right shoulder. With his cloaking ability and C-10 Canister Rifle at hand he killed many of the ground Protoss forces. He was even seen to take out a handful of Protoss with nothing but his knife. He and the other two Ghosts are the only members that don?t belong to the initial ground forces, sent in later by the Terran Confederacy for reasons unknown.

(Larenxis) 1st Lieutenant Larenxis- Combat Physician (Medic)
Bodies have never repelled Larenxis from doing his job. Patching up troops, playing with their innards and generally saving lives is all in a days work for the Combat Physician. He was original a doctor at the local hospital back on his planet of Retal and had only recently been conscripted into the forces a few months back making him still very new to the whole ?Army? thing. On his first assignment he was sent to DS-642 to help patch up the troops. He?s a grade A surgeon and most likely knows your body better then you do. While on the battlefield his hands are lifesavers. He managed to save at least twenty people from their initial wounds. Most of them later were killed as they were transported to the orbiting fleet.

(Knight Templar) Captain Templar- Wraith Fighter Pilot
Captain Templar considered himself the best sky pilot that ever existed? period! Not many would argue with him. He knew he would have aced those flight exams if he wasn?t in the hanger bay knocking up the female instructor. Nonetheless, when he is in command of the Wraith Fighter he is a force to be reckoned with. He is headstrong and if he has a goal, nothing or no one could get in his way. During the battle, he narrowly escaped death as the rest of his fleet was destroyed by the superior Protoss numbers and firepower. He still managed to take out a few Carriers along the way as well. His catch phrase is: "This ones all mine, yeeeharrrr!"

([HD]Rob Inglis) 2nd Lieutenant Rob Inglis- Goliath Combat Walker Pilot
Something drew 2nd Lieutenant Rob Inglis to the bulk of guns and armor that was the Goliath. As a child Rob would watch a lot of television shows like Gundam Wing. He always looked in awe at the giant creations of man and the firepower they can bring. Once in the cockpit, 2nd Lieutenant Inglis would utilize the full powers of the Goliath. If he wasn?t blasting enemies out of the sky with the mounted Hellfire Missile launchers, or pumping them full of lead that blasted out of the twin anti-armor 20mm Auto Cannons, he would like to just simply stand on the enemy. He knew that 5 tons of steel could crush the bones in said person that they didn?t even know they had. He didn?t manage to fly through his tests but there was no denying it, he was one with the Goliath. He showed his talents on DS-642 when he managed to defend the base from air attacks and took out many Dragoons. But there has always been something inside Rob, burning deep down inside him. An old scar that he has always sought to settle.

(ChrisP.Lettuce) C.P.L- Ghost Espionage/Counter Intelligence Agent
The second anonymous Ghost sent in to DS-642. He is also just known as C.P.L due to the insignias on his right shoulder. Whether this is an abbreviation to his real name or not, it, like the rest of him, is much a mystery. While fighting the Protoss however he seemed to just disappear before the battle had ever began. Many of the men didn?t care, ?It was just another Terran Confederacy agent who valued his own life rather then getting his boots dirty.? Shortly after the battle was over however he entered the base a few hours later covered in Protoss blood, ammoless and holding his knife in his hand. It was obvious by the amount of battle scars he had enquired that he did indeed get his ?boots dirty.? No one saw him fight but at that moment, everyone had a silent respect for him.

(broadband) Staff Sgt B. Band- Marine
Staff Sgt Band was just as feared by the enemy as his own squad. He?s forceful, hard hitting and takes little crap from the way of his superior officers. While he may be harsh to his troops he still is in the highest respect that very little of his squad die under his command. Most of his own troops are too scared to and the ones who do usually get screamed at on the battlefield. Before ?joining up? to the Marines, Staff Sgt Band was a freelance bounty hunter and mercenary. This is why none of his own troops dare back talk him or slip up in his presents. Aggressive and tough, Staff Sgt Band maintains law and order within the compound before the fleet arrive.

(GenHellspawn) G.H- Ghost Espionage/Counter Intelligence Agent
The last of the three Ghosts sent by the Terran Confederacy. G.H (again only known by that because of his right shoulder markings) is an anti-social loner, even more so then Ghosts usually are. He sits away from the pack and hasn?t been seen talking to his other two Ghost counterparts. During the battle against the Protoss, he stood atop of the base and sniped critical targets. It is known that he can torture a person a mile away with his rifle. In his hands the C-10 Canister Rifle is the most deadly weapon of all. Like the other Ghosts not much is known about him, but because he keeps his distance from everyone else, no one really wants to know.

(Alpha001) Corporal Alpha- Firebat Armored Assault Trooper
What can be said about this pyromaniac? Alpha joined up the army to fight ?bugs? and kill aliens, what he never expected was to find true love; fire. Alpha loved to burn things and ?accidentally? set fire to the bunker he was stationed in when he dropped his bottle of whiskey into a bottle of petrol, which then fell onto an open flame, or so he is reported saying. Officers saw this boys fire fetish as an advantage rather then a step back and transferred him into a Firebat unit. He has felt at home ever since.

(NATO. Caliber) Corporal Caliber- Marine
There?s no joking around with this girl. Corporal Caliber doesn?t need a mans help for anything and she joined ?This Mans Army? just to prove that. Many men have had there arms snapped when they get a little to rowdy at the bar. Caliber was promoted to the rank of Staff Sgt. But after an ?incident? containing her knee and a superior officer?s groin region. Many people respect her and look up to her for she dared do something no man would have the courage to do. She doesn?t let anyone get in her way if she has a goal. She proved herself at DS-642 where she gunned down a large number of Protoss Zealots. Caliber had also attached a grenade to a Protoss Dragoon, destroying it before it had taken out the bases generator system, which in turn would have killed everyone inside. In amongst the carnage and destruction of the battlefield she survived where many had fallen.

(KurtNiisan) Captain Kurt Nisan- Arclite Siege Tank Crew Member
Kurt?s a brawler. A fighter. He likes his guns big and his explosions huge! He?s loud mouthed and always raring to go! This is the main reason why, when he?s in his huge monstrosity of metal, the Arclite Siege Tank, he feels right at home. Blasting bugs, to Protoss, to even other people, Captain Nisan is one of the greatest tank drivers this army has seen. He has fought many battles and each one makes him a stronger man. Even when there?s no war on he likes to hit a few beers. A lot of people call him a drunk and an alcoholic but in all fact he?s neither. He just likes the taste. When a battle does occur however, he automatically straightens up and is ready for the worst of it. He?s an all right guy and liked by most of the ?grunts? but don?t expect a deep and meaningful conversation with him? ?and don?t get on his bad side, just heads up?. Kurt regards DS-642 as one of the best battles he?s been in for a while. The top of the list was a battle that he won?t speak about. He had to do terrible things in that battle to stay alive.

(DominicDavies) Professor Dominic Davidson- Scientist
Professor Dominic Davidson is dedicated into his work, so much so that he would even give up his own inferior body parts into machinery parts to increase his project rates. More machine then man, Dominic has some troubles in working out moral lines and boundaries. He is increasingly being bombarded with cut backs and officers telling him that his work is unacceptable and dangerous. Davidson is responsible for developing and discovering the ?Rage? virus, responsible for wiping out a colony of pirates on Ganstein 4 much to the welcome pleasure of the Terran Confederacy.

(SgtFlaman) Sgt Flaman- Marine
Sgt Flaman is well respected and liked with his squad members. He can be tough as nails when called for the task but most of the time he enjoys working with his men. During battle he can rally the troops together and hit the enemy with the full might of the Terran Confederacy! During the battle with the Protoss Sgt Flaman battled fiercely against the alien threat saving many lives including Corporal Caliber and even his own higher up, Staff Sgt B. Band. He suffered many wounds including a psi-blade to the chest. While being held up in the air by the obviously stronger alien, he unloaded the rest of his clip into its head blowing it clean off. He was rescued and patched up by 1st Lieutenant Larenxis. Flaman however has had a hard life (?most likely the reason he tries to become a better leader?- Commander Gibbson). His parents were raped and murdered by pirates and throughout his life he has sworn to avenge them no matter the cost. He joined the army so that he may be able to track down those who had killed his parents but instead they lead him onto do other assignments. This had really let Flaman down.

(John Galt) Professor Jonathan Galt- Scientist
Apart of the three-man science crew sent in to explore the planet DS-642, Jonathan Galt was best fit to lead the scientists. He has been heard to have a bad temper and is sometimes caught abusing his minion. (No name was ever gone to the creation that Galt had made). He speaks with a very British, upper-class accent and feels that he is far superior to the dirty ?Grunts? and pilots that he is constantly surrounded by. He cares not for the wars and destruction, only that of science matters to him and anyway in advancing it. Galt likes to have clean pressed clothing and a rather smug attitude.

(Easykill) Doctor E.S Killion- Scientist
The last of the science crew that landed on DS-642. E.S Killion was sent off before he could obtain his Masters degree yet this has not worried him too much. As a scientist, Killion likes to get dirty in his field of work. He likes to get up close to hazardous materials and play with nuclear core reactors. He has designed his own hazard suit as the Terran official Government Issue brands are either to bulky or to uncomfortable. He is usually seen wearing this as he goes back and forth from dangerous experiments. As a scientist he can be quite unpredictable, talking about one thing but meaning another. He likes to think outside of the box. He is very much interested in the workings in the Ghosts mind. How they have subtle psychic abilities, sometimes dangerously too much.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
The Ghost P.R is sitting down next to Captain Templar at the kitchen table. They both have been having a few drinks.

"Look, I know that the Wraith is pretty cool and all. She's a stealthy little bird but come on, she can't exactly instill fear into the enemy can't she. I know that there's a vesseil in your penis man, if that baby goes snap then you could bleed out in under 5 mins!"

Slams down his glass.

"It's all about the mind games man! Us Ghosts are a bunch of sickos. You gotta let the enemy know that they're being hunted, that they're the prey. And then you've got them!"