StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Teaser Trailer Leaked

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Teaser Trailer Leaked

The first teaser trailer for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm has oozed out of the creep.

Get it while it's hot, folks. I'm not sure for how long, but the very first teaser trailer for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is now available to view, though it wasn't officially released.

GameTrailers posted up the teaser but then quickly removed it, lending it an air of authenticity. Quickly is never quick enough for intrepid internet users, who nabbed the teaser and uploaded it on YouTube.

Heart of the Swarm is the second game in the StarCraft II trilogy, following StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty [http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-Wings-Liberty-Pc/dp/B000ZKA0J6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306595983&sr=8-1]. The Terran campaign was the focus of Wings, while the Zerg are the focus of Heart.

You wouldn't know it from the teaser though, which features Nova, a team of soldiers, and Raynor all going after Sarah Kerrigan. Raynor finds her, but I have a bad feeling that he won't like what happens next.

The StarCraft II logo also turns a pretty purple, going with the Zerg theme. Because of how the teaser was leaked, Blizzard may be planning an official reveal soon, hopefully accompanied by more information. The likeliest of venues would be E3 2011, coming up on June 7-9. As with most Blizzard titles, Heart of the Swarm doesn't have a concrete release date yet.

Source: Reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/hlzz2/sc2_heart_of_the_swarm_trailer/]

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
OH SHIT! What has two thumbs and is excited as hell to continue this storyline?

This kid!!!

Cannot wait!

GrimSheeper

Jan 15, 2010
Well about freaking time. Could have gone for a Half Life 2 Episode 3 with this one just as well...or they could not because then the gaming community would have incited a witchhunt for the ones respponsible.
I am damn excited to see what happens, and if the storyline of a game is generally speaking more intriguing than the shinyness of the visuals, that's a good thing!

Galaxy613

Apr 6, 2008
I am really wondering how they are going to segway into the Zerg campaign. Is Kerrigan gonna go rogue and start taking command of zergs as a human? Will she continue working with Raynor or start working against him? Just because she isn't Zerg anymore doesn't mean her mindset has changed.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'm going to second the Youtube person in that while this is supposed to be the Zerg-centric game, the trailer shows pretty much only Terran soldiers.

Ah well, maybe this'll make me want to play StarCraft 2. If only for the campaign. I'm too shitty for multi anyway.

eltonborges

Apr 25, 2008
Nice trailer, but looks like a piece of one of the game's cutscenes. Reynor is in there, so it's good to me.
I don't get very excited about this because of what happened to ME3. Probably they will launch their Diablo 3 and next year we can see more SC2.
And I really think that Nova is a strange villain.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I seriously doubt they'll reveal anything at E3, seeing as Blizzard almost never has a presence there. They save all of their reveals and announcements for BlizzCon.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Why do we have to have everything "leak" these days? That PR trick is getting really old really fast.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Thank you whoever leaked this. It may be bad for Blizzard, but my word, Starcraft II was awesome and this simple look at one cinematic makes the perfect present.

Calumon: He must have been rubbing his feet really hard on the rugs to get that big electricity. The most I do is rub it and give Jack a jump. :3

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Looks like that pillar didn't completely cure the Zerg in her after all.

I assume Nova will only be their if you went with her in Wings of Liberty, I wonder if the other guy betrays you if you went with him...

Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: He must have been rubbing his feet really hard on the rugs to get that big electricity. The most I do is rub it and give Jack a jump. :3

Edit: Actually, looking at the trailer closer, NOVA looks like she is leading an attack force to get Kerrigan back, so maybe if you chose her she betrays you, or it is always "who ever you didn't pick" in this case.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Colour me excited. Still playing WoL to this day. The trailer wasn't exactly the most amazingly mindblowing thing ever, though. I was hoping for more Infestor.

savandicus

Jun 5, 2008
HankMan said:
Uh Oh she's a ghost again! I think Raynor opening that door was a grave mistake!
Freechoice said:
Top rated youtube comments have a point. Why isn't there more zerg rushing?
varulfic said:
Funny how the trailer for the Zerg campaign has no Zerg in it.
Does that fact, bug you?
I dont know about you but waiting for this game is terran me apart.