Steam Database Leak Reveals FFX/X-2 PC Release, Half-Life 3

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
If Xrd -sign- gets a PC release, I really hope that it will have proper fucking key binding. Isuka and # Reload read my controller wrong.

As for Half Life 3, sounds more like a running gag at this point.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Oh look, Earth Defense Force! :D

Half-Life 3? Doubt it for many obvious reasons which were already mentioned in this thread.

Sep 24, 2008
Everytime I see one of these things, I open it, hold my breath, and hope to see some fighting game classics. Capcom vs SNK, Last Blade. ANYTHING.

Then Guilty Gear xrd.

And all I can think is "... Fucking really?!"

Ritchian

Wait, what?
Jul 29, 2009
At this point, I'd be far more likely to think Steam made the Half Life 3 entry simply to mess with people rather than Valve actually making a new installment in the series. Although, hey. Who knows? Maybe Valve finally got some therapy to get over their pathological fear of the number 3.

Coach Morrison

Jun 8, 2009
Some people on reddit were saying that the HL3 spot didn't have the normal attributes that valve give their games and it most likely is just a dev trolling everyone.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
"Let's see here...Possible HL3 leak bleh...games I don't care about...more games I don-ISTHATEDFF4FORPCOHMYGOD!?!?!?!?!!?"

The glory of EDF mixed with the power a PC? Hell yeah!

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I'm interested in Danganronpa and Steins;Gate.
I suggest people to play Little Kings Story if they didn't. It's a great relaxing game. Worth giving a try.

DeepReaver

Feb 25, 2009
Well well, the fact that all this FF is coming to PC makes me hopeful that Kingdom Hearts will make the jump eventually to!

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Broslinger said:
Half Life 3 isn't vaporware. It hasn't been announced. It's just a bunch of people who won't shut up about it.
Half Life 2: Episode 3, however, was announced years ago, and was supposed to be released back in 2007 before being quietly forgotten about.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Barbas said:
Wow, you really gave Half-Life 3 second billing to that? The sequel to the game whose protagonist was famous for being a squeakier Meg Ryan with a laugh that sounds like crow fellatio?

Whatever, this sucks, I don't give a f- oooh, Sonic Boom's in there!
Half Life 3 got second billing because it's release is a bit of a joke at this point, or perhaps more accurately it's the boy who cried wolf syndrome. At this point FFX is news, and HL3 would be so too if it wasn't in there.

Also wondering why people are getting so excited over this, I was on Steam at the team but I wonder how I entirely missed the Bad Rays meme.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
FFX Confirmed!

Seriously, that's the big news item here, because nobody believes that HL3 is going to happen at this point.

Which reminds me, I need to finish FFX. I started it months ago, got to the tree city and kinda lost interest. Hopefully the Steam version has a way to turn off Tiduses voice acting.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
- Half-Life 3
Sure, I'm ready for Duke Nukem Forever 2.

- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
I guess I'll finally get a chance to play it.

- Final Fantasy VI
Depends on what version their basing this port on.

- Bad Rats Show
A... Bad Rats sequel? What?

- FlatOut 4
No idea what this is.

- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
Looking forward to this.

- Little King's Story
Always wanted to play this, but maybe I'll get around to it now.

- STEINS;GATE
No idea what this is.

- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
DO NOT WANT

- Sonic Boom
As in... THAT Sonic Boom? Why would anyone think this is a good idea?

- Earth Defence Force 4.1
Never played this series, might try it out.

- Criminal Girls
No idea what this is.

- Stranger of Sword City
No idea what this is.

- Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Awesome. Liked the first one when I played the fan translation, but never got to play the second due to never having a Vita.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Steins;Gate is the big news for me. If this comes to Steam and is successful in the West, it could lead to official English-language releases of Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes (although the latter was never on PC in the first place so it's less likely). I would absolutely be happy to see that.

P.S. Thanks

P.P.S. Edit:
Sir Pootis said:
- STEINS;GATE
No idea what this is.
It's a visual novel. It got an anime adaptation, which is pretty popular and frequently makes it onto "best anime of all time" lists.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
Everytime I see one of these things, I open it, hold my breath, and hope to see some fighting game classics. Capcom vs SNK, Last Blade. ANYTHING.

Then Guilty Gear xrd.

And all I can think is "... Fucking really?!"
two things:

1. It's a good game.
2. You'll need to ask SNK and Capcom for those.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
ProfMcStevie said:
Boom on a PC, where CryEngine was meant to be? THIS COULD GET INTERESTING.
A crappy, broken game with a smooth framerate is still a crappy, broken game.

Doom-Slayer

Ooooh...I has custom title.
Jul 18, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
Technically your article is wrong. "Half-Life 3" wasn't leaked, "Half Life 3" was. Which is how you can tell its fake, the used of the dash is a big deal because its a convention used in all the previous games.

Also the original Neogaf post never talks about "Half-Life 3" it talks about "Half Life 3". Small change, but a big deal.