Steam Database Leak Reveals FFX/X-2 PC Release, Half-Life 3

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Half Life 3 isn't vaporware. It hasn't been announced. It's just a bunch of people who won't shut up about it.
Half Life 2: Episode 3, however, was announced years ago, and was supposed to be released back in 2007 before being quietly forgotten about.
Nope. You're wrong. That's episode 3 of Half Life 2.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Broslinger said:
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Half Life 3 isn't vaporware. It hasn't been announced. It's just a bunch of people who won't shut up about it.
Half Life 2: Episode 3, however, was announced years ago, and was supposed to be released back in 2007 before being quietly forgotten about.
Half Life 2 is actually it's own game, with the episodes being a full game onto themselves divided into 3, with the first two parts out already and the third one being 8 years behind schedule and counting.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Of everything on this list, Danganronpa excites me the most. I already have them (and have played them to completion) on the Vita, but not a lot of people actually own a Vita, and this means that more people will get to play them!

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
The list is more interesting (and proven) to me than any E? or just any convention announcement of recent years.

Fascinating. So many good/interesting games without any fireworks or hype.

FF VI WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?
FF X/X2
STEINS;GATE
Sonic Boom (special thanks and shoutout to SEGA for actually supporting the PC. Even with these so-bad-it's-maybe-good-again games. Except for being rightfully boycotted on YouTube)
Earth Defence Force 4.1 ('MURICA!!! FUCK YEAH!!! ...)
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Easily better than let's say E? 2015. Why? Because most are just rereleases of good, proven games. Most of them probably even won't have microtransactions/shitty DLC.

All I've got to say about big announcements of the 'past' year are: Crowdfunding, episodic release, microtransactions, bugs. And with that I've probably covered almost all (releases following the) announcements from 2015.

We live in a time in this industry when cyninism actually became realism. I don't blame most developers, more the publishers and suits, but it's getting plain shit on every spectrum. Indy, AA, AAA. Everything became so dissatisfying.

edit: I'm maybe one of the biggest Half-Life fans out there. But at the same time, I'm an atheist. I believe it's existence when I play it.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
stormtrooper9091 said:
Barbas said:
Wow, you really gave Half-Life 3 second billing to that? The sequel to the game whose protagonist was famous for being a squeakier Meg Ryan with a laugh that sounds like crow fellatio?

Whatever, this sucks, I don't give a f- oooh, Sonic Boom's in there!
not surprising, have you checked the bracket for the annual GameFAQs best game ever thing
Exactly, how the fuck does undertale last that long?

Jingle Fett

Sep 13, 2011
Well...2016 is actually a special year for Valve. They were founded in 1996 so 2016 is their 20 year anniversary. Releasing Half-Life 3 to celebrate might be plausible.

C14N

May 28, 2008
Adam Jensen said:
I know it's become a joke at this point, but we all know that HL3 is coming sooner or later. And it would make sense to hear something about it soon(ish). Valve needs HL3. They're in the hardware business now. If they had a game like HL3 to bundle with Steam Machines or some other Valve idea, they're gonna do it.
I don't think that's necessarily true at all. Honestly, the longer they wait, the less likely I think it is to ever come out. Aside from the fact that Valve seem to be completely unconcerned with any single player games at all (Portal 2 was a long time ago now), I really don't think anyone at the company wants to be the one to spearhead the inevitable disappointment that Half LIfe 3 would be. They really DO NOT need it either. DOTA, Counter Strike and Team Fortress are all massively popular online games and are all consistently in the top 5 most played Steam Games. Valve are doing just fine releasing their hats. Even if they did release it, it would not be exclusive to Steam Machines. There was enough furor when Half Life 2 required you to install Steam, never mind requiring you to buy a new computer that you don't want.

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
danganronpa is coming to steam? what the actual ****? now I will have no excuse left for owning a ps vita

I *am* excited about it of course, it's a brilliant series that deserves more exposure, but... I am so surprised? spike chunsoft announced nothing about this, and they've been doing a lot of announcements lately what with dr3 and that new animated series

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Half Life 2 is actually it's own game, with the episodes being a full game onto themselves divided into 3, with the first two parts out already and the third one being 8 years behind schedule and counting.
That's what those of us who play video games call an expansion pack, or DLC.

By your logic, Half Life 3 came out, and it was called Half Life 2: Episode 2. Then 4 came out and it was called Half Life 2: Episode 3.

How were Half Life 3 and Half Life 4, Zontar? Were they epic gaming experiences?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Half-Life 3? Half-godamn-life-fucking-3?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I mean who really believes that this shit will ever come out?
With Steam money printer running smoothly, making HL3 would be waste of money.
Seriously, do current people in Valve even know how to make games?
How many of people involved with HL and HL2 are even on the staff anymore?
HL3 at this moment is a fucking joke. Bad one.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Broslinger said:
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:

By your logic, Half Life 3 came out, and it was called Half Life 2: Episode 2. Then 4 came out and it was called Half Life 2: Episode 3.

How were Half Life 3 and Half Life 4, Zontar? Were they epic gaming experiences?
You are aware of the concept of episodic gaming, right? Half Life 2 was its own game, Half life 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2 are, respectively, the first and second third of another game, with the third and final instalment of the game being 8 years behind the already announced release date.

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:
Zontar said:
Broslinger said:

You are aware of the concept of episodic gaming, right? Half Life 2 was its own game, Half life 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2 are, respectively, the first and second third of another game, with the third and final instalment of the game being 8 years behind the already announced release date.
Yea I sure am. That's how know that the next Half Life episode isn't Half Life 3, and Half Life 3 hasn't been announced, so Half Life 3 isn't Vaporware.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Earth Defence Force 4.1
EDF 4.1...

E! D! F!

I'm so hyped right now!

Edit: Journey seems to be on that list too. This is gonna be amazing.

dragoongfa

It's the Krossopolypse
Apr 21, 2009
So now we will get to see that guy laugh on PC levels of detail?

The memes are going to give me such a headache.

Zacharious-khan

Mar 29, 2011
To be honest if i were a valve employee I would put little lightly hidden 3's or HL3's or Lambda's in everything I did at this point.

Just for fun.