Steam = OnLive

Deviltongue

Feb 2, 2008
tmujir955 said:
Recently I've been seeing lots of people complain about how OnLive is terrible because you are "renting the games at full price", and you are not really owning the game.

But doesn't Steam work the same way?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/7827-Stolen-Pixels-211-This-is-Not-Funny

You can't play Steam games when Steam is down. Yo can't play OnLive games if OnLive is down.

So whats the big problem?

Note: I'm not trying to advertise, but my experience with OnLive has been really awesome, and it's a shame to see so many people decide it is not worth it before even trying it.
Guess what happens when you stop playing the monthly fee for Onlive? You lose all your shit. That isn't the case with Steam.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
dathwampeer said:
Rakkana said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Rakkana said:
He just bad mouthed steam. I shall call the armies. He will be dead by sun rise.
That's hardly constructive is it?

The bear cavalry are far superior.
Ohh. We have armies capable of better things.

To avoid being nonconstructive I will say that I love steam. Even with it's flaws it's so easy and efficient I can't hate it.
Completely off topic here but bears are better than tigers. they're more powerful and probably easier to train. They aren't slow either.
Bears win power wise. Tigers in in speed. I think your confusing the two.

Rakkana

Nov 17, 2009
dathwampeer said:
Rakkana said:
dathwampeer said:
Rakkana said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Rakkana said:
He just bad mouthed steam. I shall call the armies. He will be dead by sun rise.
That's hardly constructive is it?

The bear cavalry are far superior.
Ohh. We have armies capable of better things.

To avoid being nonconstructive I will say that I love steam. Even with it's flaws it's so easy and efficient I can't hate it.
Completely off topic here but bears are better than tigers. they're more powerful and probably easier to train. They aren't slow either.
Bears win power wise. Tigers win in speed. I think your confusing the two.
A bear is faster than a horse when going full pelt. I couldn't tell you top speeds but I bet for short distances it's just as fast as a tiger. And the whole point of the cavalry is its effectivness in a skirmish. Bears take this hands down.
They're equal in speed. Tigers are slightly less power.

But Tigers are so agile it more then makes up for it. Bears are also easy to hit.

Ideally I'd have both in the army, but we can't afford to keep both. We don't have enough food.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
I will smack a person that mentions that a game itself cant connect and blames steam (say auth servers in DA:O don't work that isnt steams faulth)