Steam summer sale 2012

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I'm hoping for Sins of a Solar Empire and Medieval 2: Total War. SoaSE is a little to expensive right now and I I am not sure about total war so I'm going to see if it goes on sale first.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Will get for sure: Arma II: Combined Operations, Quantum Conundrum, and Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

Might possibly get: Singularity, Binary Domain, Qube, Fear 1, and Max Payne 1-3

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
Rednog said:
mindlesspuppet said:
Rednog said:
Hoping for at least 33% of Max Payne 3 and something on Arma II, I own Ara II but I can't justify dropping $20 to buy the expansion just for Dayz.
The Amazon Summer Sale has Max Payne 3 for 50% off, I believe it Steam Activatable as well.
Thanks for the head's up, it looks like they have both a steam required on and a non steam one, I hope they have the steam one up for sale.
Here's the thread announcing Amazon Summer Sale, definitely the Steam version for Max Payne 3.

www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480502

Chocomint

Jul 12, 2009
I've been taking advantage of the daily/midweek/weekend sales so there's not a whole lot left I'm desperate to get - maybe Dead Island if it's *really* cheap, likewise for Prototype. Or Dead Rising 2. Hoping for 50% or more on Civ V though!

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
SomebodyNowhere said:
If Recettear goes on sale I'll likely go after that.
I've also been hoping for a sale on Fallout 3 GOTY edition to save me the trouble of reinstalling it from my disc and downloading everything I got from GFWL again.
I am also hoping for a sale on Fallout 3 GOTY. I've been perusing the mods to get myself hyped for the possibility. And if not? Then I also hope for Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition. Either way, it would be amazing to have those games now that I've finally upgraded my computer to the point where I can play those games.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Stormz said:
Either I wait for the steam sale and actually get something in it this time around, or I get the Last Story on Wii, a game that will likely be impossible to find after the first day. Damn it I don't know what I should I do...

Someone help me =(
Dude... get The Last Story. It's seriously freaking awesome! It's my favourite game so far this year. I am hoping to finish with that soon so I can get on with Pandora's Tower since the small part I have played of that was really interesting.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
DustyDrB said:
You mean you don't have 5 different cards? No? That's just an American thing? Ah, well...
I'm American and I only have a Visa debit/credit card.

If I lost mine I wouldn't have a problem with online purchases since I have all the numbers on the thing memorized in my head.

My only problem would come from physical in person purchases.

I did lose my first one, that sucked because they of course froze the card number when I eventually told the bank it was lost. Those things take way too long to be re-issued.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
Assuming there is a sale (maybe Valve are too busy finishing HL3 to have a sale this summer), I'll pick up the following with any discount:

- ARMA 2: Combined Operations
- Mirror's Edge (I already ignored Origin's 50% off sale for it a few weeks ago, because I don't want it on Origin)
- Jade Empire (but they never put this on sale for some reason, so I'll get it anyway once my backlog is lighter)

And I might get these, depending on their price:
- Sniper Elite V2 (enjoyed the demo)
- Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai
- Stacking
- Dear Esther (considering its length, it'll need to be very cheap)
- Legend of Grimrock (I'd rather get it from GOG, but if they make a good offer I'll get it on Steam)

And maybe an impulse buy or two.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
I'd like Fallout 3 to go on sale, as well as Bastion and Terraria. There are a ton of other games I'd like to go on sale, but my crappy PC can't handle them, so I might as well wish for what I can actaully have.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
SomebodyNowhere said:
If Recettear goes on sale I'll likely go after that.
I've also been hoping for a sale on Fallout 3 GOTY edition to save me the trouble of reinstalling it from my disc and downloading everything I got from GFWL again.
GFWL: So bad people will buy whole games again on other platforms just to avoid it.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Oh my, I can't wait. I've been trying to be good with my money where games are concerned. Waiting for sales and such. I can't wait to buy some games; especially games with a super-duper-Steam-sale price tags. *eye sparkles* Lets hope they have something I want on sale. Woooo!

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
i personally am going to wait and see what they drop... as i have a ... very limited budget as i plan to support Path of Exile team, so that i can get my hands on the game

captcha: book reading
at least something has some intelligence

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Oh man, I want quite a few games;

.Legend Of Grimrock
.Left for Dead 2
.Yesterday
.AlternitavA
.Trine 2
.Bastion
.Mirror's Edge
.Maybe Q.U.B.E
.Skyrim

That is, if there is a sale coming.

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
I want Arma2:OC to go on sale. That way I can download the mod DayZ and kill some more zombies!!! Actually, I get the feeling I'd be doing more running than shooting in DayZ. That mod looks crazy fun.

bro1667

Jul 21, 2010
Thatguyky said:
I want Arma2:OC to go on sale. That way I can download the mod DayZ and kill some more zombies!!! Actually, I get the feeling I'd be doing more running than shooting in DayZ. That mod looks crazy fun.
The mod itself is fun, you get really parinoid and most people are dicks, but it starts to get boring if you die too often. But when you get a group of friends together, then the REAL fun starts. (and the frustration)

Thatguyky

May 23, 2011
bro1667 said:
Thatguyky said:
The mod itself is fun, you get really parinoid and most people are dicks, but it starts to get boring if you die too often. But when you get a group of friends together, then the REAL fun starts. (and the frustration)
Yeah, I heard a good handful of people will shoot you on sight for your guns and what not. If definitely seems like one of those games you want to play with friends. If you play as a loner you're easy pickings for the zombies and players.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Thatguyky said:
bro1667 said:
Thatguyky said:
Yeah, I heard a good handful of people will shoot you on sight for your guns and what not. If definitely seems like one of those games you want to play with friends. If you play as a loner you're easy pickings for the zombies and players.
Yeah a good handful is a massive understatement, ever since it's popularity surge it's become a bloodbath. If you do get it stay FAR away from any big towns and don't trust anyone you don't know, they may be friendly at first but as soon as you drop your guard BOOM bullet to the head and back to square one for you. It should be fine in a few months when the buzz dies down and teh newbies learn to not kill everything that moves but right now it's pretty dire.

OT: I'm not really looking for anything in particular just going to wait and see I guess, if the sale actually happens...