Steam Summer Sale is winding down, damage report.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
£29 spent here.

Ikaruga
Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth
Garry's Mod
Counter Strike: Source
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Fallout 3: Game of The Year
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Add that to my recent buy of Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition and all the stuff I got in the GoG sale, and I'm going to be very busy.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Democracy 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Brothers, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance... when did it start, again? If it was already up on the 20th, I spent ?25.

Also bought stuff on the GOG sale for ?7.

Baddamobs

Aug 21, 2013
Under £20 (around £16), but that's mainly because I was actively trying not to actually buy anything this time around because I still haven't finished all the ones from last time (where I spent a hell of a lot more), but Last Remnant and FF8 started calling out to me in my sleep. That, and Betrayer is a damn fine game.

Dec 16, 2009
spent a lot more than I planned to. I bought;
BattleBlock Theater
Shadowrun Returns
Terraria
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
Castle Crashers + DLC
Spec Ops The Line
Metal Gear Rising
The Swapper
The Stanley Parable
The Walking Dead Season 2
Octodad
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West
Don't Starve

Which came to a grand total of £53.69
More than I planned on spending, but what the hell, they were good deals

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I purchased Arkham City and Xcom: Enemy Within, so about 13 euros.

I had been planning on getting both titles before, but didn't for some reason.

These sales have very little effect on me to be honest. I have a few titles that I really want and will pay full price for, but I don't suddenly get interested in other games because they're cheap.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
$40. Got Fallout: NV Ultimate, Battleblock Theater (buckle your pants / buckle your pants / a buck-buck-buck-buck buckle your pants), Walking Dead Season 2 and Resident Evil 4. Never got around to RE4 even though I've played through the opening 2 hours at least 5 times. Just kept getting distracted but it's the summer so I have time now!

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
£100 ($171 according to google) and I got;

Dark souls: prepare to die edition
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Audio Surf
BattleBlock Theater (God bless Stamper)
Bioshock Infinate and DLC pass
Fallout 3: GoTY
Fallout: New Vegas and DLC
King's Quest Collection (Seven games in total)
Max Payne 3
Metro 2033
Nidhogg
Quake
Quake 2
Quake 2: The Reckoning
Quake 3: Arena
Quake 3: Team Arena
Quake mission pack 1: Scourge of Armagon
Quake mission pack 2: Dissolution of eternity
Space Engineers
Super Amazing Wagon Adventure
Unreal Gold
Unreal 2: the Awakening
Unreal Tournament: GotY
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3: black edition
Walking Dead: Season two

And I'm happy with my purchases.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I was going to get The Witcher, but I didn't sell enough of those icons in time to get my money.

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
Dropped a $20 on some Borderlands 2 DLC and my friend gifted me Saints Row IV. Was finally convinced to play BL2 after buying the base game 2 years ago at launch and just never getting around to playing it. Good sales overall, just wasn't much I was interested in, so the damage was minimal this year.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Exactly ?100.

Well, actually a little more than that, but I managed to get the extra dough by selling those cards you get.

Most of it wasn't even on games, really.
I mean, sure, I bought Skyrim and Monaco and Bleed and all that, but it was Substance Painter that raped my piggy bank with its ?65 price tag.

Sep 14, 2009
AmberSword said:
gmaverick019 said:
snip* Civ 5 *snip

HOOOOOOOO BOY, I just got the game 3 days ago and I already pumped 24 hours in, THIS IS WORSE THAN FREAKIN DRUGS!
Just finished my first playhthrough on Chieftain. I had no idea what I was doing, but somehow destroyed my neighbour William through a gigantic lead in science, then the whole world hated me, but I noticed I had very high culture and tourism output so I just pumped that and sat back.

THIS GAME!!! DISS DAYUMM GAME!!!!!
To anyone who still hasn't gotten it, I don't care if you've never played 4X in your life, I was like that, just get it, just freaking get it!
hah well as a first tip, up top I would worry most about your happiness rating, if you keep that up then everything else should follow, if you aren't "happy" then your civ's output goes down the hole quite badly. Secondly, there is a setting in the minimap bottom right corner where you can show/hide resources, personally I like them on so it is quite easy to see everything I have and COULD have if I built a city somewhere. I think this helps noobies alot for the game.

Otherwise, go up another difficulty level, once you beat a difficulty I recommend going up, the AI gets alot more fun at higher difficulties, prince/king is where it spikes a bit.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The Rogue Wolf said:
$24. I picked up Spec-Ops: The Line for $6 (haven't played it yet), Gone Home for $3 (not bad for that price) and The Secret World Massive Pack for $15 (surprisingly fun and challenging).

Even though both Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider hit the $5 mark, I didn't have enough interest in either to bother buying them.
Two indy games that came out around the same time and got good word of mouth are "Gone Home" the other is "Stanley Parable".

I've played both and find Stanley to be very short, I think (not certain what else there is to do) but for $6, it was a fantastic experience. As it is short, I'll play again soon. Gone Home is enjoyable, but not in this things league IMHO.

Damage report:

The Stanley Parable $6
Fable The Lost Chapters $2
Saints Row Ultimate Franchise Pack $19 (has SR 2, 3, 4 and loads of DLC)
Syberia Collection $1.50 (2 point and click adventures)
Rayman Legend $10
Call of Juarez Gunslinger + Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon $6.25
Testament of Sherlock Holmes $4
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate $7.50

$56.25

May I live long enough to play all this stuff!

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
I was good. I only spent $12 on the Fallout: NV edition with all of the DLC included. I have the vanilla game for the 360, and I've been wanting to play the DLC for some time now, and figured this was my chance. I'm not regretting my purchase at all.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
The only game I bought was the season pass of "The Wolf Among US." Though I'll be waiting for all episodes to be released before installing it.

I don't know what it was but nothing this sale really caught my interest.

motiff

Jan 1, 2014
$7.60 + however much money it took to complete 2 badges

I was gifted Hotline Miami by a friend, I spent 2.99 on Gone Home, I spent $3.74 on the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle (Battleblock Theater + Castle Crashers), and I spent $0.87 on One Way Heroics. Pretty happy with my purchases, but yet to play them.

But I'm now Level 8 and can receive cards by voting on community sales next time (provided if they don't change the requirement again)!

Oh, and I got a friend, about the same age as me, to get a Steam card and buy some games she wanted. Should'a policed her a bit better, she didn't wait for the flash sale on Long Live The Queen :/

Crayven

Plum tickler
Mar 28, 2011
Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Age of Mythology: Extended Edition
Planetary Annihilation
Star Wars Battlefront® II
Wolfenstein: The New Order. Most happy about, but waiting till the weekend to play it, as i don't want to start and stop.
FTL: Faster Than Light
Came to about £60 ish

It was alot less then last sale but i already own alot of what i would have bought (if that makes sense)

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
Space Engineers
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Gold Edition
State of Decay + breakdown
Banished
Papers, Please
Project Zomboid
Mount and Blade: Warband

$83.66

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
$4.64 (Steam wallet after the sale of many, many cards and some choice collectibles)

+Project Zomboid
+Defense Grid Awakening
+A Wizard's Lizard (charming, if not a tad repetitive)
+Smattering of missing Borderlands 2 DLC
+Dynasty Warrios 8: Extreme Legends
(OK, this isn't a fair consideration since it WAS an early Birthday Gift and not off my own wallet; but the cards and crafted junk did contribute to my wheel n dealing and it was purchased on sale..)

All off of an investment of ~12 bucks.
So...total damage is hovering around 7-8 dollars.

Holding onto cards for the event turned out to be a good idea after all. Doubly so thanks to the competition.
If the Winter Sale is as obnoxious, I should be able to clean up my wishlist handily.