Steam Summer Sale started today

AmberSword

Jun 16, 2014
flying_whimsy said:
I see where your coming from and honestly the conest won't have any real impact on how I interact with the sale; it just makes me sad to see people taken advantage of in such a manner. It reminds me too much of those shady mmos where the devs use skinner box psychology to keep people playing and spending money on what is essentially nothing.

As far as a chance to win those free games (which is where my complaint about only people that spend enough money to either craft a badge or earn points otherwise comes in), I never actually expect to win these sorts of things; it's like those pop giveaways where one person in the whole world can win whatever fabulous grand prize they have despite astronomical odds (maybe someone does win, but I know it sure as hell isn't going to be me).
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.853232-The-Steam-summer-sale-contest-PURPLE-LEADER-RANT-Fuck-The-Whites?page=2
I'm sure you'll find this thread an interesting read.

Our opinions align it seems, read my first post on page 2, lol.

AmberSword

Jun 16, 2014
Double post, but ho! I just found out Dark Souls PTD edition is on sale, HOORAY for GFWL and region locks! It's like everyday the daily deals have 1 box missing (8 instead of 9), I've gotten so used to it that I seldom even notice it anymore.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
Caramel Frappe said:
flying_whimsy said:
Does it strike anyone else as suspicious that the blue team is probably going to win today?
You called it. Blue is way in the lead today ... thank god too. I was placed on blue and for five days straight- our team kept losing horribly. Now they're actually dominating so this contest is literally rigged.. if each team's supposed to win at least once.I'm not mad, but I don't understand why Valve even had this contest in the first place lol.
Valve is getting a cut of all those cards and items they are selling and only have to pay out some free games to 30 winners.