Steam to Decimate Wallets with Daily Deals

Hijax

Jun 1, 2009
NOOO! Valve! I was saving this money for a new computer, you monsters! How am i supposed to do that now!? How about eating!? Or paying my lease!?

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Awesome. I have the Steam sales to thank for my being exposed to numerous games I would otherwise have never tried.

It's been a genius marketing strategy, as I've then gone on to buy sequels to games I got on sale for full price. Heck, the free copy of Portal they gave me last year ended up resulting in me buying two copies of Portal 2 pre-order this year for my partner and I.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Oh steam, I never forget why I love you, but you still feel the urge to remind me. Hopefully I wont spend all my money on steam now... And hopefully Dead Rising 2 or Resident Evil 5 will get this treatment...

Bob the frantic

Sep 5, 2009
Valve, PLEASE wait until after my exams to bring out the RPG deals.
I have enough distractions as it is, I don't need you and your daily deals distracting me from learning how entice potential customers into a store

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
This is really not good. And you guys haven't reported on the crazy sales happening at GamersGate too! Ugh I need to like, you know, eat for the rest of the month...
Also impulse buying is not good when it happens every day!

Yopaz said:
Oh steam, I never forget why I love you, but you still feel the urge to remind me. Hopefully I wont spend all my money on steam now... And hopefully Dead Rising 2 or Resident Evil 5 will get this treatment...
It's not Steam but RE5 is on sale at GamersGate for cheap, just so you know.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Well this is going to be fun, I can buy a cheap game enjoy it for the 4-6hrs that day and buy another next day, it is like renting a movie but I can keep it forever.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Hijax said:
NOOO! Valve! I was saving this money for a new computer, you monsters! How am i supposed to do that now!? How about eating!? Or paying my lease!?
Find Gabe Newell. Steal his computer. Steal his fried chicken. Use his hollowed out corpse as a shelter.

All solved, thanks to Valve!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
And for the first time I regret busting out nearly $300 on that Serial Experiments Lain Limited Edition Blu Ray Boxset... Thanks Valve, I went almost an entire week without buyers remorse...

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
If only they also sold the TIME to play them all :( I'm still "working" on what I got in the christmas deals. And now comes wave 2?
I think valve just invented reverse stress: the feeling there just isn't enough time to have all this fun.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
*joke about feeding them my money*

*sarcastic joke about the horrible monopoly that is Steam*

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Not just when I am starting the exam season! Oh well, who needs good grades when you can have 400 games in your Steam library?

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
ugh... first the arma II midweek deal a couple of weeks ago... now this... Im lucky Im too young to legally own a credit card and have to borrow my brothers... (inb4 someone tells me a legal way I can pay online easily, putting off any chances of me finally saving up for that core i7 in the next year)

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
It's cute how everyone is joking about how this will cause havoc on their wallets with funny little sayings. But then...it's true, isn't it? Say what you will about Valve's games but they know how to sell me shit.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
argh i just put $35 in the wallet to put towards one of 2 games i really wanted now mu buget is going out the window

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Oh god no, please no. You can't do this to me... you know I CAN'T RESIST!! :'(

[sub]Damn you valve, damn you and your awesome sales...[/sub]

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Good to see them taking a hint from Impulse, they've been doing daily deals for a while now. Steam will be even worse though since they have a wider selection of stuff to slash prices on!

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
..Well, fuck any hope of a life beyond gaming!

Steam and Valve are officially the Evil Empire (tm) done horrifically right.